New Ark location?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Agamus, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I was laying awake the other night thinking about how great Transformers Animated is (as you do) and kind of remembered, both the most recent times we got a major shakeup to the G1 formula the Autobot's main spaceship was at the bottom of Lake Michigan rather than it's classic Mt. St. Hilary location. So I'm wondering, if G1 were to get another shot in the arm as it did with Infiltration and TFA how would you "reinvent the wheel" with the Ark, so to speak? or what do you like about the previous locations?

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I kinda prefer the bottom of a lake or Ocean because it's a place where the Ark would be better hidden than in the side of a mountain. How did no one notice that?

Something new that I think would be a nice twist on the original location... What if the Ark didn't crash into Mount Saint Hilary but actually BECAME Mount Saint Hillary. The Ark itself would have the capability to scan and blend in with the surrounding environment and since the Earth didn't have anything other than rocks when the ship crashed it just turned into a mountain.

3. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

If the story sticks with the long hibernation of G1, it would have to be somewhere remote, where humans (and possibly other animals) wouldn't explore - Mt. St. Helens (inspiration for Mt. St. Hilary) was known to European settlers in 1800, and to Native Americans long before that. If the ship was somewhere populated for a reasonable amount of time it would end up in the movie / Animated situation where humans discover them and adapt their technology, possibly even dismantling the TFs as salvage and archaeological trophies. With that in mind, if the story goes with keeping them dormant, I'd put them somewhere not easily reachable or inhospitable that can't be interfered with - Antarctica or the bottom of the ocean for example.

If the story doesn't go with them being dormant, I'd crash them into a major city... think Battle of Chicago levels of destruction but as an accident rather than a malicious act. Large parts of the early story could then be about the Autobots trying to gain human trust rather than them having a human ally straight out of the gate.

4. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I would leave the ark in orbit and use that as how they can get around the planet. Maybe make it a transformer, as i loved it being Omega.

We didn't have the planet mapped to the extent it is now, and no google earth. Makes sense a remote volcano would go undetected, although these days, not so much. Like that giant kfc logo you can find in google earth, it would be discovered these days.

5. deadgiveaway

deadgiveaway Well-Known Member

I always thought that the ark didn’t become visible until the eruption that woke up Teletran.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my thought as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What does that have to do with anything? The Ark was crashed into the side of a mountain for millions of years and the mountain was already a well known land mark (Mount Saint Hilary) before the Autobots woke up so how did no one notice a giant space ship sticking out of the side of it?

Some fiction has tried to explain this away by saying the Ark was INSIDE the mountain out of view but how did it get under ground after crashing above ground? That makes even less sense. If that did happen there wouldn't really be a giant cavern big enough for the Autobots to move around in outside the Ark as the crash would of completely buried the ship trapping them inside.

8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me to. By that time bumblebee was hanging out in arcades. They just saw it as the autobots hq.

9. JackKnife

JackKnife Well-Known Member

How I work it out is the Ark was buried and was only exposed after a temblor at Mt. St. Hilary.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Ark could have been covered by lava flows and landslides after the wreck and prior to potential discovery by humans much much later on. Plus...1980's cartoon plot convenience. I like the Ark right where it is in the side of the mountain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

In G1, the back end of the ship was completely exposed without any signs of being damaged (the interior was damaged where it had hit the rocks). If anything, eruptions, land slides and lava flows (including the one that activated Teletraan) would have buried it even more.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Nowadays, yeah, I'd put the Ark underwater myself.

As for the Nemesis - beneath the Arctic white a la "The Thing".

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The problem is that, by nature of Hasbro being an American company, the Ark must be in America because the majority of what the Transformers will do is in the USA. Mt. St. Hillary is the only real viable location to hide an alien spaceship of that size that crashed before the dawn of recorded history.

Granted, maybe it's stuck in the Hoodoos of Utah or simply buried underground thanks to glacial movements over millions of years so it's in Montana under a state park.

14. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    I put it somewhere in West Germany, but that was explicitly a Cold War story.

15. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

In a warehouse, in an unmarked wooden box.

• Like Like x 3
  16. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always went with the eruption of the volcano which woke the system up, did it by cracking the "shell" that was hiding the ship, and once the ship exposed, it recharged via solar power and once charged enough, was able to activate the repair system of the ship.

I'll never agree to the whole "millions of years" thing, thousands would be possible, but millions? Everything that's not maintained degrades in time... a LOT.

I go with the millions of years as a Cybertronian measure, which equals to a few thousands earth years, which feels more logical.

No need to "correct" me about "cannon", I know that it's what they say, I simply don't agree with it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I myself like it deep underground with it out in a large open cave. With a large portion covered in rock and dirt. Like in Beast Wars or G1 Comic book.
    Ark_BWAgenda1.jpg ark.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I vote Alaska. I wanna see TFs in Alaska.

• Like Like x 2
  19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    9323125D-2DF0-4BE5-9C4F-A1B53E8EB7C6.gif

• Like Like x 2
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think it's fine where it's at. Although I wouldn't be opposed with the idea of moving the Ark into orbit once Teletran-1 is back up and running as it would help balance out the fact that the Autobots can't fly (post-MTMTE) and are relatively immobile when it comes to taking on the Decepticons' global threat. At least, I'd rather send the Ark into orbit than dig up Skyfire's corpse just because they need transportation to South America.

BTW, no, Infiltration and Animated didn't give G1 a "shot in the arm". G1 nostalgia has been humming right along in the background ever since Dreamwave. It's been a slow crescendo since 2006, though, coming to a roar starting in late 2014 with Combiner Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.