New Animated Toys Discussion Thread/ Support Group

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peaugh, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Alright guys, I’m gonna pull the trigger on building up my Animated collection again, starting with the core cast. I had long sought to have them scaled with Voyager Bulkhead, Legends Prowl and Bumblebee, and Activators Optimus and Ratchet. But now I’m going after them full sized - Leader Bulkhead, Voyager Optimus, and Deluxe Bumblebee and Prowl. I already have Ratchet.

So my question is, should I go for original or Samurai Prowl? I feel like if I went for original Prowl I’d eventually miss the samurai armor.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Is samurai armor prowl the same as normal prowl just with extra accessories?

3. lil society vert

lil society vert luv is rage 2/chainsaw man supremacist

Samurai prowl is absolutely god tier if you find one for a decent price jump on it ASAP

just keep in mind he can be a bitch to pose with the armor on

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Well, after thirteen years, I can say I now have the complete full sized version of the main Autobot cast - Voyager Optimus, Deluxe Ratchet, Bumblebee and Prowl, and Leader Bulkhead.

I’m gonna be honest, I thought Bulkhead was taller. He absolutely has the weight and sturdiness to justify his Leader Class status but I thought all these years this was the one Bulkhead toy who didn’t suffer from Bulkhead syndrome. I assumed wrong. But he’s still an absolutely fantastic toy. I just wish he was taller than Voyager Optimus.

Ratchet, I actually had gotten the yellow Ratchet pack back in 2008 because I wanted the Legends Prowl since back then as a kid I collected almost only small toys out of price concern since I wasn’t buying my own toys then. I also got the Cybertronian Ratchet for my Lost Light collection back in 2015. So I did already have him, I just got the vanilla toy for the first time.

Bumblebee is delightful, but I don’t love his feet and legs, they’re too panel-y or something. I don’t like how they feel like they scrape on my desk when I’m just trying to get him to stand upright. But I love his color, personality, everything.

Optimus is pretty damn good. I considered shelling out for his Wingblade toy, but that’s a LOT of money to spend just to get a translucent toy I don’t really want just for the wings and Magnus Hammer. I did buy the axe from Battle Begins Optimus, and he looks terrific with it.

Prowl is a bit difficult to get to stand. I transformed him based on my memory from the Legends figure. I haven’t really put on his samurai armor, but I’m glad I got it anyway as I probably would’ve regretted not picking it up.

They look great together. I wish I had a Sari toy to go with them. Did I need these? No, but they make me happy. I miss Animated, and I’ll cherish it always.

• Like Like x 7
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    There’s a bunch of changes to the base figure:
    -His head is smaller to fit the Samurai helmet
    -The wings are remolded to be able to swivel up
    -Forearms are remolded for attaching his wheel sword
    -Added front spoiler to his bike mode

And of course his paint applications are slightly different.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Picked these two up for £10. Love them.

D67F6D6C-8326-4E84-8F2F-5CB759BDA04C.jpeg C249C3D0-5B88-443F-AD2D-A3CBA72A8E64.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  7. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 god forbid not 100% content with years old toys.

News Credits:
    Previously went through a phase of my lowest interest ever held in Transformers and thought I was about to take a hiatus. But then I started rewatching Animated which reminded me so much of what I love about this franchise. I have plenty, PLENTY of praises to sing for the Animated universe and the figures it's cultivated, but for now I'd like to share this:

Bought a used Voyager Blitzwing and wanted to dip the window in solution to take off the worn Decepticon emblem. As I disassembled it, I found that it actually has interior detailing.
    DSC_0996.jpg

Window doesn't even lift open to show it. With Animated's high standards of toy design, this shouldn't even surprise me yet still does.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Looking through the last few posts here makes me want to dig out my Animated toys from storage. They did such a good job on these, and I’m so glad I have a complete set (mostly complete, anyway- all characters that appeared on the show)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Maybe it was meant to be shown through clear plastic? That's a cool detail though!

• Like Like x 2
  10. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    Darn shame, could've totally worked: from a top down view, it honestly resembles a spark chamber!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    I'm selling these guys if anyone is interested.
    20210909_225156.jpg

12. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    7E6439BC-8384-43E5-8541-46DF6A2AB9A2.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Wow I’d have never have known! That’s incredible, I wonder if they planned for the cockpit to be a bit lighter so you could see the seat?

14. MattNvk

MattNvk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this is alright to discuss here, but I recently came across someone on Twitter (@Malunis) who is making non transforming Animated figures to 3D print. I bought the files for the two he made so far; Rosanna and Beachcomber. I'm overall happy with how well they mesh with the rest of my display, and I thought people who saw these and were interested might wanna see how they look with the official figures.

Now I wanna go back and get the third party Huffer and Pipes I skipped out on to make the display grow even more.

PXL_20210920_143138337~4.jpg PXL_20210920_141444405.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20210818_025642635.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

I love the Animated designs so much, they’re really fresh takes on classic characters. Blitzwing and Lugnut were probably my favourite part of the series.

• Like Like x 3
  16. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    Hope this is alright to post here, as it's slightly off topic and I'm awaiting new TFA figures in the mail

I watched TFNATION's two parter with Townsend Coleman/Sentinel Prime and have been playing that new Unleashed game nonstop. If you have the game on PC, I shared a simple livery inspired by the Primer Prime. Here he is bullying cars

primerprime.png

17. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    well that mail finally came in. I once owned Prime and Lockdown as a kid. This is my first experience with the Wreck-Gar and Sentinel Prime figures
    DSC_1085.png DSC_1086.png
    Animated toys are chocked full of great concepts and youthful energy. There's so many ideas for mods I've temporarily discarded simply because the toys satisfy enough in stock form. Would be a real travesty if Legacy comes around and does nothing in reference to TFA

• Like Like x 6
  18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Is Transformers Animated widely ignored by Hasbro because Cartoon Network has control over the cartoon and/or royalties (or something)?

Or is it because Hasbro moved on with the HUB thing back in the day, and Animated just kind of got put on a shelf/long forgotten/ignored for no good reason really? Just no project ownership, right?

19. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    I've heard both of those theories but could never find any proof. Did find this quote awhile ago that seemingly disproves the first theory

from: A Voyage Of Animated Discovery – Part 2 – The Source Report

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    How cool would it be if netflix gave us animated season 4, even after all these years!

• Like Like x 5