New Animated Toys Discussion Thread/ Support Group

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peaugh, Mar 18, 2008.

1. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not too out there for an import I guess, but still too much for me to spend on a single small figure. :( 

I've been trying to fill the gaps in my Animated Collection with LEGO models... but needless to say, brick-built bot's just don't blend in so well with the smooth, flowing designs of Animated.

Also, I wish the Collector's Club would have more Animated continuation in their magazine comic and free figure.

2. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have my fingers crossed for Animated Thundercracker in the next wave of subscription figures from the club. You know, FSS 2.0... the one that would come after the first wave of figures... the first wave of figures that we should be enjoying in hand... right now!!

3. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Animated Thundercracker, too.

It's an easy thing to do, no new head, only a repaint that already have the colors "done". And a show character that the fans wants!

4. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

Start customizing your own, man! I've got a currently unfinished Sky-Byte- I'm having trouble with the head!- and I just bought the Roadbuster Magnus figure, lopped his head off, and began work on a proper TFA Roadbuster based on a sketch I posted in this thread a few weeks back.

I know there are some 3rd Party figures on the way, too, so things aren't completely bleak for us TFA fans. Now if only a Menasor combiner kit existed for the Botcon Stunticons...

5. Sharpfinger

News Credits:
    Take a look on EG-09:

[​IMG]

A new Animated figure to us :D 

And now, suddendly, my complete Animated EZ/Legends collection is uncompleted again.

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Dude, any update on this? Sounds awesome!

7. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

Negative, I can't find anyone who will take my design to 3D via Shapeways. I spoke with Fakebusker who was willing, but they didnt have the figure to take apart themselves and determine how to make the connections. SOOOO right now, hiatus.

I have figured out, though, a simple but effective transformation that would characteristically set a leader RB apart frin leader UM- don't give Roadbuster a hammer, and deploy ALL of his shoulder armaments... then NEVER deploy the armaments on UM during display, sicne they weren't something that showed up in canon, anyways.

8. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really disappointing that we have (yet) to hear about an Animated figure in TFCC-SS 2.0. And when we do (according to a transcript from the Botcon panel) it won't be a seeker :( 

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Now that we are getting Beast Wars in Generations, mixing the aesthetics a bit, I think Animated could see a return. Marauder Megatron? Hot Shot? These were all molds that were completed, with full on prototypes. Blackout could also get released in Generations so we have him here.

I think Hasbro might just want to let Animated die, but it has a lot of fans, and we want Hasbro to have some sort of excuse to release these toys.

10. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    WEDDING PICS! XD

Made for each other…
    [​IMG]

Where's the ring?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love my Animated Toys!

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Marauder Megatron and Hot Shot weren't completed, they were still resin prototypes. No molds exist for them.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think at the least Hasbro could slap a Thrilling 30 logo on a western release of Hydro-drive Bumblebee and Wingblade Optimus Prime, or offer the missing Deluxes and Voyagers again in the same kind of way. I like the idea of a wave of each major brand or at least some representation of it.. especially the brands that lasted more than a year.

13. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

These are awesome!

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will admit, I got a soft-spot for TF:Animated.

Since the original cartoon in the 80's, I hadn't seen an animated series since (robots-into-machines was just not my style). My friend told me about how great Animated was, and going to Botcon 2008 made it not only my first Botcon, but also a series that has stayed with me.

I still remember my friend driving all over Cincinnati trying to find the early-released Animated toys, and came across a VC Bulkhead on a lower shelf.

I've harbored a small 'spark' of fandom regarding Animated since then. So much so that when 2011's Botcon set was announced as both an Animated set and a Stunticon set (the Stunticons were a fave of mine in the 80's, and my first combiner!), I had to get it.

This year at Botcon 2013, I traded my SG Junkion 3-pack I won at Botcon Bingo for a 2011 Toxitron/Sideswipe set, and bought myself a single Autotrooper. I'd like to get a TFCC Cheetor, but I'm too cheap regarding what some are wanting for one.

I'm currently trying to build together the main Autobots, and am expecting LC Bulkhead, VC Optimus, and Vc Wreck-Gar (soft-spot, given I saw 'Garbage In-Garbage Out' at Botcon 2008). Also got an Activators Bee on the way.

Currently waiting to see how the eBay auctions for Deluxe Ratchet and Legends Prowl.

15. grymg

grymg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone still looking for animated toys BBTS has a bunch listed on their vintage page, someone must have sold their collection.

16. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Ha, I recently bought one of those Primes at a thrift store for my daughter. I didn't even know it existed until I saw it. Actually not that bad for a happy meal toy considering it actually transforms.

18. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I agree, I got mine in a second hand lot. Its a great toy, transforms really nicely and captures the character well.

Lugnut is a little underwhelming, except that its Lugnut. Never enough Lugnut!

19. Sharpfinger

News Credits:
    The best bot modes of those Animated Happy Meals toys are Starscream and Blitzwing. Sadly Starscream have a crappy alt mode and Blitzwing isn't available in all markets.

20. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]