New Animated Toys Discussion Thread/ Support Group

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peaugh, Mar 18, 2008.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Just to follow up. Took your advice and got the jetpack bumblebee from another board member (thanks JTKranix). I originally didn't realize he was a different mold than the deluxe. This mold is great! I 100% agree with you that he is better in every way except paint. The only thing that bothers me is that gold a*& paint. Overall, very very cool mold.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Nah I'd prefer new characters rather than releasing old stuff. There's a huge Animated world out there to explore :) 

4. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thundercracker NEEDS to be in Subscription Service. It would bring much more love than Jackpot. Don't understand me wrong, I bought two subscriptions and wants to keep the two Jackpots. It looks like a great toy and would be great to have him in my hands.

New figures and characters, like the 2011 toys (Cheetor, Stunticons, Autotroopers, Sideswipe, Fisitron, Toxitron and Minerva) are all amazing additions to my collection and really integrated in Animated Universe! I would like to see even more new stuff: the proposed Digilaut's Botcon "More Than Meets The Eye" set, an Animated BW set, etc...

But I guess that something like a Deluxe Cliffjumper, Deluxe Wasp or Voyager Thundercracker will brings a lot more attention, love, sells and probably we will have more "Yay! Thundercracker finally!" than "Animated Jackpot? I wants a Classics Jackpot... <put more negative comments here>" comments. If the TFA figure in Subscription Services is always high in the hate list, the TFA offer can disappear in future services.

Nice! Now I will try to do some hunting in "popular" stores to see if I can found something that looks like those. Thanks!

5. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Don't get it twisted man, I would love to see new figures/molds released and would pay top dollar for official new animated transformers. I was just thinking along the lines of what seems to be how new animated stuff is going since the cancellation.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Don't think I posted these here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just for fun:
    After begging and pleading with Grimlock, Snarl finally got the Pinata he always wanted for his Birthday. If only Grimlock remembered the blind fold!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I started one ages ago but got burnt out on customs after finishing scrapper.
    Custom Animated Strika - YouTube

Since that vid I've picked her up again and made a lot of new progress.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    In case there are Animated fans here who don't check the 3rd Party section, Mech Ideas has announced they will be doing a full line of Animated figures in varying sizes. That's pretty much the greatest TF news I've ever heard. Who would you like them to do most of all?

Me, I'll take anything they want to make, but I'm really hoping they get around to Omega Supreme.

9. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Just give me voyager seekers (slipstream included) and the constructions. Everything else will be the icing on the cake and bought in a heartbeat.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind some re-worked seekers. I love the look of the original toy (Animated is actually my favorite look for the seekers) but the complete auto-transform and the legs and fingers constantly falling off kind of made that my least favorite Animated toy.

11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I love the toy, and honestly was very lucky as I never had any problems with them, but I'd also be down for a complete rework if it meant we got show colours Starscream and face sculpts that matched their personalities (and cone head attachments)

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'm interested to see what they do. I'm hoping for the rest of Team Chaar.

13. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, those are terrible. No one should buy them.

Seriously, look at Sari's head. And the scale.

Hopefully Mech Ideas will give us some TFA humans that don't look like deranged mutants.

15. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Aside from scale versions of existing figures like leader size lugnut, or show characters like brawn, strika, id like to see Digilaut's predacons,
    Seeing how another 3rd party company has used a custom as their version of the beast of five, don't see why a deal couldn't be struck to bring these out in animated form,

16. Erector

News Credits:
  17. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Cool, love the idea, and you just can't go wrong with nellies execution (he's great at factory style paint jobs) i guess tho the impending tfcc jackpot would of been a Good base figure choice (a pricey one tho)
    I Would like to turn freeway jazz into good old bluey but can't figure out a decent head,

18. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always thought that would be a cool custom - but nowadays it wouldn't exactly be "cannon". DJW said that Smokescreen & Bluestreak would've been based on Prowl's motorcycle mold.

19. Erector

News Credits:
    Aye I know. I need to do a Bluestreak - I've got one based on Freeway Jazz as wasp mentioned...

20. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since Prowl is on the smaller side I'd love for the TFCC to give us a two set of Blue and Smoke as part of a future sub - fat chance of getting both though. Perhaps one as a sub figure and one as the incentive - or as a future Botcon set. Too bad the troop builder sets have to have the same paint job. A three pack of Smokescreen, Bluestreak and maybe Ghost Prowl would be pretty cool.