New Animated Toys Discussion Thread/ Support Group

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peaugh, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Lol, where do you get all these sources from man, and don't say "the supermarket"!

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    What kind of separate source? Worst comes to worst, I can get the locals together and we can go "pick up" some Animated stuff at their warehouse. It's only 45 minutes away... Mostly highways.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I honestly hope that is true, man. I really do. For the record, I have no doubts about you bro, I just had too much sadness induced from the people who run HTS to believe anything they say till I see it.

Oh, and I also had NP in my cart a few times on that horrible horrible day :(  I will never forget that day, moreso with of NP than Roddy, being as I collect any and all things Black Convoy/Nemesis/Scourge. It was slow, agonizing, painful torture.

My wife felt so bad for me, she grabbed me a lot off ebay with Prime, the movie shirt, magnets, etc. And she knew to tell me before I bought one off the bay. Heh, smart girl :) 

I'm not one to be full of hate, but I can say I truly HATE HTS. The End

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    ill supply the ski masks and truck :D 

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Deal. Now I need to get the group together... Also, what's their address? I don't have it on hand any more (and a PO box doesn't help. They're in Mechanicsburg or Chambersburg now... Not Harrisburg.)

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Nope, the butcher's shop around the corner :) 

7. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm done with my rant on them. Like I said, I hope it is true and people can actually get them.

In other Animated Anonymous news, no BA or Ratchet today, I'm hoping tomorrow.

Still no news of the status of Lugnut either :( 

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    odds are they will sell out in like 2 hours and piss everyone off with shortages
    and late shipping.

9. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    I'd be surprised if they last 2 minutes, or the site overloads, whichever comes first

10. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I bet I waste most of my time that I should be spending taking a test (I hate week and a half long tests...) refreshing HTS so I can get me some Animated that won't actually be there by 1PM Tuesday afternoon. Then when I get home at 3:30, it will have been marked as "Sold Out." Cursing will then ensue and Heero will get another chunk of my wallet.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ya know, even in the wake of HTS releasing the figures early, I feel the friendships I gained through this thread outweigh the money lost trying to get a four month head start, cut to just a few weeks... (My wallet, on the other hand, hates you all :lol )

Ah well, I got to be special for a little while. I'll be up bright and early on the 25th hitting my Refresh button until my mouse breaks.

12. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I know whatcha mean. Yeah, I've paid $30 in markup to have my figures early (and one isn't here yet AND another's broken...) and I'd do it again just for the experience. This is the first time in a long while I've been sick of the main line AND had a chance to move on. The fact there's a bunch of awesome people on the same boat definitely made my decision a lot easier (And then there's the "peer pressure" decisions, like Bulkhead and Deluxe Prime... I probably wouldn't have planned on getting them had it not been for the club)

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Feh, it was never about the money. Aside from a few crazy eggs, this whole addict community has been fun, and I hope we can keep it going for as long as Animated is on the air and beyond. Just because they're coming out cheaper doesn't make them any less awesome!

14. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Will we do this again for Universe? I'm in for my usual "Damn! I'm tempted and I'll cave once in a while" stuff. After the first wave of Animated, I'm not really looking for too much (only Ratchet, Grimlock, and Soundwave after wave 1... Maybe BA if I have cash*), so I might have more cash for that club. (seriously, I'm not buying Animated stuff so I can buy Anumated stuff...)

*Voyager Prime omitted because I do plan on getting one early. The others look to be too pricey for me to justify getting early at this point.

15. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I can only hope we do this again for Universe, Heero can have my left arm if I can get Prowl or Octane early.

16. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, i might bite for a galvatron

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    ditto for prowl and octane

18. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    I can feel your paid...er, pain. This is the support group thread after all. :) 

Well spoken, sir!

:lol 

AA fo life, yo

I don't think I wanna think about thinking about about that right now. I can only imagine it will happen. I was able to get all the classics that were available at retail (obviously not counting the Botcon guys) So, I while am gonna try and wait, but I ain't makin' no promises! :lol  Besides, I don't need much else for a while...um 'cept Grimlock, Soundwave...oops

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm going to be all that concerned about snagging Classics early. I only really want Sunstreaker and Prowl from Wave one, unless Galvatron's in there as well. There really aren't that many currently announced classics I'm going ga-ga over, unlike the Animated line, where every new figure they show us is pure gold.

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, I might need to take the 25th off from work....just so I can babysit the computer....

I have had good dealings with HTS...with both Nemmy and Hot Rod....hopefully Animated keeps me on a winning record.