New Alt Modes Possible Spoilers maybe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Arashistorm, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, I'm well aware and a firm supporter of the fact that new toys don't actually confirm anything going to happen in the fiction. But just throwing ideas out there...

The other day, an image was released of a new Optimus Prime cybverse figure...he looks bulkier and rougher overall than what we've come to know. Anyways, in the finale, we saw him swinging the star saber downwards, just before the Nemesis' beam came from above to shatter the base.

This scene seems important, or else they could ahve just had him stand there like the captain did in Titanic and accept his fate, going down with the base. Prime survived either by shielding himself with the energy from the star saber, or creating an escape route beneath the base with the swing...at least, I believe so.

Anyways, to go along with the theme of next season, with the Autobots on the run...I was wondering if anyone thinks that Prime potentially scans a new alt mode to remain hidden until he pops up later. *Scanning an alt mode wouldnt really change the shape of his bot mode, but...well yeah...* Thoughts?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Showing Optimus swinging the Star Saber is important, because it shows why he stayed behind. He wanted to destroy the Space Bridge and the information that would lead the Decepticons to the locations of the other Autobots. He wasn't shielding himself or making a way out of danger for himself. He had NO idea that the Decepticons were about to pull an Independence Day on the base.

As for the new toy designs, I'm sure most are just to sell more toys, but I think Prime's design has a decent chance of being something in-show too. He's obviously severely damaged, possibly in stasis, so he'll at least need to be majorly repaired. He'll also probably want to upgrade to deal with the new threat that Predaking and the Predacons bring to the table.

Ultimately we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I rather like the new design of his Cyberverse figure, and it'll most likely end-up in my collection.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    This.

Mainly because the toy apparently has leg braces.

And that Cullen said in an interview that he would only take the roll if Prime didn't die...

4. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

OOOHHHH!!! I didn't know about that interview with Peter Cullen -- that just brightened my day!!!

Yeah -- I noticed the new Prime in the store too! There was also a version of Bumblebee with some sort of silver/grey coating -- the box said that Ratchet made this special cloaking (substance?) so that Bumblebee could sneak up and take out a "certain Decepticon". I wish I would have taken a picture of it with my phone in the store.... I needed that.

5. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Yeah to the mold probably being to sell more toys (like the deluxes, a few changes but enough to amke it look different), was just wondering though.

Did Cullen really say that? Didn't know about that, that's good. Guess he doesn't like the whole Prime dying just to come back either--plus in a way the small Orion Pax arc was kind of equal to that...

6. Alpha Orsus

One more thought.... I wonder if Peter/Optimus will be out for the first few episodes -- due to when do they start filming/recording for the 4th Transformers movie?

7. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    That's shadow strike Bumblebee...it's just a repaint of the deluxe bee for the sake of filling up more waves. Don't count on that showing up in show... at least if the new designs might nto show up, I doubt that would. We've just gotten used to getting Bees with more black on them than usual.

I'm curious what prime you saw as the Prime we're talking about doesnt come out until next year..

8. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Season 3 is already finished recording...at least by Ratchet's VA, Jeffrey Combs. I have the suspicion that Prime will be out until half way through the season, or until the end and will make a grand re-entrace to stop whatever bad thing is happening to the Autobots. Plus withe veryone split up, a lot of the episodes can be dedicated to singular characters with their partners...Prime could be out of the show for a bit.

9. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    I can see it now...
    OPTIMUS PRIME: Ha! I'm driving right past Megatron and he'll never recognize me with my new alt mode!
    MEGATRON: That red and blue six-wheeled truck isn't a long-nose tractor trailer, it just looks like all those other red and blue trucks I see all the time. Better keep looking for Prime.

That's called a Bumblebee repaint, of the stealth variety. You must be new here lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I believe this is your pal:
    [​IMG]

10. Alpha Orsus

Yup, that's the Bumblebee. Sorry, I'm probably not that much help here as I don't know as much about the different toy lines. The Prime I saw was covered in "extras" -- canons, guns, weapons, and his body looked beefed up. It was probably something totally different than being described above.... but yeah, I certainly looked at it with wonder (as in, how much do these toys have any possible bearing on what is being written into the shows and vice versa).

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

:lolol 

I hope this happens in some way or another. Lord, I hope this happens :D 

12. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    Nah, we all know how it will really go...

First episode: maybe he won't be there.
    Second Episode: Saved and fixed up.

Then within three episodes (possibly even the third episode itself) he'll be top health again... (we saw it with Bulkhead and to a differing degree Orion Pax, so why not again? :p )

13. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Yep. This, entirely. The season 3 finale isn't even suspenseful, because if you've payed any attention to the rest of the series, you can pretty easily predict what's coming next.