New Age Toys Legends Scale G1 Datsun hhh

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NOCV, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat That's what you say when someone kicks the...

Google+:
    YouTube:
    What if I want super size?

• Like Like x 4
  2. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

Just get the hell out of here until you ready to make your case with screen shots of G1 and the Sunbow scale chart.

This is serious dammit.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I kind of agree but all the legends 3p companies, except na, are doing their cars too big. Mft and HS are doing gigantic carbots. MS' are smaller but they're still huge compared to what they should be next to their other bots. I don't really know IF but they look pretty big as well. NA cars, however, scale just about perfectly with the legends figures that are seeker size and up. I think that's what he's getting at - pretty much everybody is making their carbots out of scale with their seeker/leader/everybody else bots. I wouldn't go so far as to call MS Sideswipe legends+ but he is a pretty big boy - big enough that I wouldn't even put him with my legends+ guys.

• Like Like x 4
  4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    That'd be sig-quote material if it weren't so big!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Kamen Ranger Bat

Google+:
    YouTube:
    You mind if I take this as my signature?

• Like Like x 2
  6. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

The term "Legends scale" is purely made up by the fans. There isn't any official classification.

What's confusing people is that many people think of "legends" as a size (which is really one of Hasbro's price classes)

There's no argument here:
    IF do not do Legends scale figures they do IF scale figures.
    NA do not do legends scale figures they do NA scale figures.

We just happen to call them legends because they are small. A member here came up with the term "Legends+" due to a lot of these smaller figures being a bit bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to start a new argument over which shade of blue we should be using for sarcasm.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Kamen Ranger Bat

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well I think the shade of blue should be dependent on the scale of sarcasm. I think the size classes of sarcasm should follow the armada toyline of mini-con, super-con, max-con, giga-con, super base, and supreme.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I want to order a Whopper w/cheese, filet o' fish, great biggie fries, & an RC Cola. Plus a medium dipped cone for dessert.

• Like Like x 3
  10. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! Please feel free to do so!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kamen Ranger Bat

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Thanks.

12. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

Legends scale is not the same as Legends class. One's a price point \ size class (and one that changes depending on the line: compare Universe Legends Warpath vs POTP Slash) and one's a fan term for a particular scale that has nothing to do with price. Neither is less valid, and while they seem to not make sense in present context, the origin does.

Hasbro often doesn't give a crap about scale within their Legends\Legion price point, including bots that were meant to go with CHUGTHULU deluxes and voyagers, and also doing an Optimus and Megatron about the same size as that price point's Bumblebee.

Iron Factory was the first major small robot 3rd party, and since 'Legends' was already a generic term for small Transformers, it was natural for fans to call them Legends bots. Since Iron Factory was the first real standard for it, they set the baseline.

MFT is generally Legends+, even if they do have a few bots that are scaled more accurately with Iron Factory because IF made those bots too small in the first place.

NewAge car bots are smaller than Iron Factory car bots, so you could call them Legends-... but they also scale great with MST's bigger bots like Optimus, who is definitely not considered to be Legends-, being even taller than Iron Factory Megatron.

But then MST is doing a scale similar to some comics and Transformers: Devastation, with Sideswipe about as tall as Ironhide would be if using MP \ Sunbow scale. That puts MST more in with Legends+, but MST Sideswipe is shorter than MFT Sideswipe, so is MFT Sideswipe Legends++? ¯\(°_o)/¯

So, yeah, the terms we use are messy and full of gray areas, but they're helpful because most of us don't collect bots from just one line, and even then not all bots from the same line are in scale with each other. Having baselines-- even blurry ones --helps us talk about where different bots might fit our preferred version of accurate scale.

Or maybe it just gives us something to argue about. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  13. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Autobrats, rolls out!

I put my figures in two classes: "Cool and Desireable" and "Shit I Don't Care About". I'm on the back half of my 30's and I don't sit around with more than two figures at a time, so what does it matter if they are slightly out of scale with each other? Scale in the G1 continuity was liquid and changed within a single episode anyway. Let's face the fact that we're grown men and women who still like toys and have some fun without imposing stupid rules like "I like how Newage looks, but it's too small to go with my other stuff."

• Like Like x 4
  14. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

17952870_10154897318849823_259000014021582371_n.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    He has arrived!

A3C81EA4-39A6-471E-B12A-6D940947D4F2.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    What makes a brother turn evil?

Find out next time in: “No tea for Barricade!”

874DC1A4-E156-4DD7-99BE-D630CFA5FC9D.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  17. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    More on topic, if we have to, I guess... I got Barricade in and the pegs for the weapons were unreasonably tight. In the case of the hand-held blaster, it's not even because of paint because they left that part bare plastic.

I took a sheet of sandpaper and wrapped it around each peg, rolling the part to sand it down. With MST Optimus's blaster (which was very tight in the closed fist version of the hand), it sanded easily. Barricade's plastic, however, was harder to sand to the point I took a blade and lightly shaved some bits. Now the weapons fit smoothly and snugly. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The purple plastic must expand more than what they used in all the other Datsons. The shoulder guns are tight because they have paint on their pegs, but the gun & hand just doesn't jive.

@Snaku is it you that makes custom decals by printing images and adhering with Future? I want to update movie Barricade's police Decepticon badge for this Barricade, to use the G1 emblem instead of the movie one, and to refer to where G1 takes places vs the California place on movie Barricade's.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

I'm glad we're in agreement :) 
    You just put it better.

Hasbro has only started giving a crap about scale with Siege.

Again we're in agreement here. Argument is pointless as people use different scales. Do Carbots come up to Prime's waist or chest? There's no right answer

The messy bits comes from people confusing scale with size.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

As a guy just starting out on a 'Legends' journey, it really is a minefield out there! For instance, my first 2 were MFT Megatron and MS Prime - obviously a noticeable size difference but for me I don't mind Megatron being slightly bigger . However, I have no doubt when New Age or MST release theirs he may end up being replaced or put with an OS Prime on their own.

I've been thinking more about waiting for MS to release the Datsuns, but having just pre-ordered the latest New Age version of Jazz, along with their Insecticons, I'm now swatying towards the New Age Datsuns, as the more I see all the pictures you guys put up, the more I like how they scale with MS Prime.

All I'd say is if it looks right to you individually then really that's all that matters - as I say to my kids more often than I'd like, if we all agreed on everything life would be so much more boring.. (even though it'd be great if they did agree more often than not as my house would far more peaceful!!)

Anyoo... think I might hunt down a New Age Prowl to start with in the next few weeks...:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3