New Age Toys Legends Scale G1 Datsun hhh

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NOCV, Jan 5, 2019.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I couldn't find a thread on these boys, though I know they were mentioned in the Megatron thread. I figured with these pics they should get their own spot to shine in.

This is NA H3, Prowl. 7.6cm tall as a robot, 8.4cm long in alt:

0074k7itly1fyw4tlww2mj30xv0qodig.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tmnvy8j315i0qo77h.jpg
    0074k7itly1fyw4tn8ssbj30qo0qowh2.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tlpxqcj30qo0qo76p.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tn17ycj30qo0qo416.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tmvegqj30qo0qo0vt.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tmdnsqj30qo0qon08.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tnqdx4j315o0qoafw.jpg 0074k7itly1fyw4tnj5dpj30qo1330zp.jpg
    Untitled2-picsay.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 35
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

He looks fantastic. Better in proportion than the Hot Soldier one, imo, which has a more clumsy look, larger body and head. That said, if Newage had found a way to extend the legs by a mere centimeter more, he would be in perfect IF and MST size, and felt a bit more majestic in proportion. As it is though, I'll wait for MST to give me the size that fits my collection.

Then again, it feels like Newage is starting their own G1 scale range to possibly avoid direct competition, on the other side of MFT (who is increasingly looking kinda clunky and low brow with their sideswipe and hound.)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Original new mold?

4. johnnysamson

johnnysamson Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Give me all your legends.......................ALLLLL!!!! (in my G1 Megatron voice)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legend G1 Prowls ;) 

Prowl.png

• Like Like x 32
  6. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

That looks great! I think I'll have to get him even though he won't fit scale-wise with my legends+ figures. Newage just does some nice freakin' designs!

• Like Like x 5
  7. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a "friendliness" to Newage's sculpting that I don't see in other 3P figures, at least at this size. It's kind of hard to describe but the shapes just feel softer and a little more lifelike than Magic Square figures, which are more hard-edged and blocky.

• Like Like x 16
  8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too small for my shelf, but looks gorgeous regardless.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I don't like the flap behind the head, but otherwise New Age looks the best to me. They hit all the details in all the right ways for me. Maybe MST will fix their sculpt? I posted this to them on Weibo.
    Prowl-picsay.png
    HS has the best alt mode though.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Doctortron

Doctortron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Beautiful but it's sad to tell it's too small for me.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    All three options look fine to me, it will come down to whichever is the best deal come buy time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    It makes these guys harmonize with Iron Factory's figures a little more, at least to me, which is interesting because their figures are blocky, but not hard edged. We'll have to see how they scale.
    ...and everything I've seen of the Hot Soldiers Datsun mold makes it look like it's going to be freakishly large; it's the same rough size as the G1 Datsuns, which I see some appeal in, but generally speaking I like my carbots to be smaller relative to Optimus, Magnus and the Decepticons.

In any case, I am more than ready to put those Ark Studio Datsuns in a drawer.

• Like Like x 5
  13. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

It's very Sunbow-esque to me, even moreso than many MPs.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

These are exactly what I've been waiting for. The old-legends (legion) size is what got me started on these figures. Original characters in pocket size! When old-Cyberverse(movie) came out, I was collecting them and going back to buy all sorts of old figures I'd missed--even from the Cybertron line. It always frustrated me when they suddenly started making the 3P legends so big--with car characters at the new commander height (and worse when Hasbro started using the legends line on minibots only, not to take away from some of those toys).

But the more 3P legends stuff I get, the more out of place the original collection looks--primarily in articulation. There are still some great ones, though. As a result, I am totally looking forward to these figures as they will be perfect size replacements for how I've been collecting this line. I love that we have so many options, and people can pick and choose what they want for how they are collecting legends.

As for style--I LOVE how that Prowl looks. It has just the right feel of the original concept without feeling too blocky/plain. I really hope New Age continues to do the rest of the cast, since we only ever got the Prowl/BS/SS mold, Hound, Jazz, Trailbreaker/Hoist (way too small) and Brawn from the first season. I always prepped myself that we were never guaranteed from Hasbro that they would do them all at this size. Now, suddenly, it's possible!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I don't hate the New Age design. There are parts of it that I wish MST would take a look at, but the back view - those hollow legs...

Still love the Bee and Goldbug figures I have from them. Their Cosmos is cute, too. I'm looking forward to more from them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    New Age is doing some great stuff here. Trying to avoid falling down the legends rabbit hole completely, but if they release this mold in any interesting decos apart from the three Datsun brothers, I’ll definitely buy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...is new age affiliated with the apparently-abandoned war-in-pocket line?..

• Like Like x 1
  18. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I don't think so. I think they just do the smart thing and aim for compatibility with existing, competing products in order to optimize the adoption of their products into existing collections.

It's easier to sell someone something that goes with what they already have, rather than trying to get them to replace what they've already invested in.

• Like Like x 12
  19. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    So, slightly off topic, when do we get World's Smallest Transformers-sized carbots with modern posability? That's what I've been wanting since 2002, and since Micromasters are part of the main line's play pattern.

New Age's output is still not that small; Flipper towers over the new Roadhandler.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FredVIII

FredVIII human germ!

Probably right, but I found it surprising to see them use a DX9 product right there on their packaging! I know this 3P -- where the typical rules of the game kinda go out the window -- but I was still surprised by that! Pretty ballsy.

As for this Prowl, another thing I'm digging is that way the proportions bring to mind -- my mind, at least -- the G1 toy more so than the lankier humanoid look of the cartoon. Now I'm as much of a 'toon fan as the next guy, but I was a toy fan too. And so it's nice to see a visual callback (intended or not) to a toy -- especially when the toy in question was one of the better ones, as the original Datsuns were IMO.

Really looking forward to seeing Smokescreen, a favorite of mine as a lad. :) 

• Like Like x 6