New Age scaled G1 legends seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TheRebirth, May 16, 2019.

1. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

Is there anything out there that fits? The Hasbro ones are the size I want but a bit too IDW. Iron Factory is even more so. The DX9 design is great but it's way too big, and I don't expect Magic Square to be any smaller. Anything else out there?

2. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With the speed at which NewAge is churning out figures at the moment, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do the seekers as their next mould after Megatron. Given how much they love repaints, they could easily get at least a dozen releases out a single figure!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

If Newage is indeed DX9 in new clothes, then they've already made seekers (and soundwave). They're certainly to the relevent scale (the MFT KOs were too big but the DX9 ones seem perfectly fine, no?)

If you mean 'better' seekers, I guess there's room to improve (better wing articulation, better head connection, torso twist, feet that hold a pose better etc, but it would be hard to do even smaller if that's what you're asking for), although they have tons of autobots that could use a facelift first that we haven't seen yet (hound, wheeljack, mirage, sunstreaker, a nicer sideswipe alt mode compared to MS, etc)

• Like Like x 1
  4. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

such high hopes for NA these days...lol

i would wait for the next round of bots that are not prowl or jazz. i have a strong feeling they will be hitting a scale wall soon. there is a fine line of what works and what doesn't. the prowl mold kind of put them in a strange place going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Going by Prowl, an Ironhide + Ratchet at ~8-9 cm and a Megatron at ~10-10.5cm sounds about right, compared as well to the 9cm dx9 seekers + soundwave and 10-10.5cm(?) Dutch (I don't have him so not sure)

I think they're just sticking to DX9 war in pocket's scale. Though I guess Hulkie was a bit small even for that. I dunno. Who cares. I do just hope they keep making nice bots with sexy alt modes. Scale is secondary for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    The DX9 Seekers, or Pocket Toys KO of them. The MFT KOs are going to probably be too big.

7. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I assumed that, with the new name, Newage were starting afresh from scratch... hence the new versions of Ironhide and Ratchet, both of which were previously done by DX9.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

Ebay:
    I think it's DX9 making updated one under anthor name for brand for reputation reasons.

9. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    This has been on my mind more and more, as I get more and more shipping notices for my POs of theirs. I'm anxious to see how they do what all they do, but they are going to run into the limit of what you can do with how they're doing it.

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    How are the DX9 seekers too big?

• Like Like x 1
  11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I feel like the DX9 Seekers (the originals, not the KO's) are a great scale for the NA carbots. They're about the same height/size as Dutch, maybe a quarter-inch shorter, and the NA carbots seem scaled to fit in with Dutch (whether or not the rumors of a link between the companies are true).

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 2:58 PM
  12. nemesisJon

nemesisJon Well-Known Member

They even show DX9 Seekers in some promo shots.

If they made new ones I imagine they’d be the same height as the DX9 ones.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

I prefer the height of the CW legends seekers, although the Sunbow chart seems to reserve that size for Ironhide and company. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it - definitely don't want yet another scale floating around.

14. nemesisJon

nemesisJon Well-Known Member

I’m gonna get the Magic Square ones to go with my NA and MS stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

The only problem I have with the Dx9 seekers is the lack of fruity/rainbow colored variants!

• Like Like x 2