New Age Legends Scale Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NOCV, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Should have these in a few days, pretty excited

• Like Like x 5
  2. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Woo, got 'em. You know, by NA standards, these guys aren't small. Feel good in hand. Love the colors, they pop but aren't garish. Good stuff.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  3. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man that pic just hammers home how bad the NA cars actually are. i cant wait till they get the 2.0 treatment.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Don't be weird. I love the look of the MS Jazz 2.0, but I love my NA porschas too.

• Like Like x 5
  5. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    They aren't bad. Very short in bot mode yes, but their alts are some of the best.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yes. I'm still in awe of how awsome the alt-modes are on the datsuns and jazz.

My Vine and Raum are just a state away now. Fingers crossed they show up tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Yeah I have no issues with any of the car bots besides the lack of any new ones in years. I want the Lambros. Bumblebee needed a V2 because he felt like a left over DX9 design. If I would want another V2 it would be Megatron. But all I would want it a cleaner back, bigger hands and some diecast metal to match the quality of the seekers, Soundwave and Shockwave.

Going back to Decepticons, I hope after Devastator we get more Autobots. I’m glad we are getting Optimus. But the Autobots are lacking.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Corvus13

Corvus13 Member

Yeah, I have their Barricade and the deco is nothing short of perfection. Purple tinted windows for that added splash of color, and "to punish & enslave" deco'd in cursive no less.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I liked the NA Datsun so much I ended up buying like 6 versions of it! Yikes haha.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

The thing I love most about these guys is just how articulated they are., the poses ooze character, they feel like Joytoy figures, but that don’t fall over, ha.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  11. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, recolors/retools are NA's bread and butter. It just occurred to me that Megatron, Ironhide, and the Insecticons are the only NA molds I haven't bought multiple versions of. Frankly, I'm surprised they never released their insecticons in the Zaptrap/Shothole/Salvo diaclone colors.

Honestly, the wiser thing prolly would have been to wait for the recolors on these (of course the worry being that if the normal ones don't sell, will they be able to do recolors?), as those are sure to look good, since NA's coloring has always been on point. Like that's what I should have done with Reflector, as while the MS version is the better overall mold, NA's toy deco is just so good looking.

That being said, I'm skeptical they are doing all the recolors people think they're going to do because that while that would be very ambitious, I can't imagine it being fiscally sound for them. Because I doubt that many people will get it in every color. I mean, an EX version and a SG version, those are distinct (and the latter would be definitely something that's never been done before) But the originals came out in so many colors. Heh, I can imagine them maybe releasing a patchwork with each of the Constructicons in one of those diaclone or g2 colors. Like Blue Hook, Red Long Haul, Yellow Scrapper, Orange Mixmaster etc. But then people would be upset if a Constructicon wasn't in the color they wanted. And like I said, releasing each one in all the colors seems kinda insane. Because while there are some folks just crazy enough to get them all, I don't think they could justify the production numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    well they've already teased a yellow version… and it was a photo of the complete combined devastator. i think it's not a matter of if, but a matter of just when and when ones they will release repaints. i'm hoping for an EX version with more proper real world paint apps for alt modes. if not then i'll probably settle for the yellow version over this initial green version.

13. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I'd buy their Vanettes and Jazz again in Diaclone deco if the first came with battle sleds and the second had doorwings.
    Same.
    They should definitely do that. And Diaclone Ex decoes for Smokescreen and blue and black Bluestreak.

14. gravitybomba

gravitybomba Active Member

I am relatively new to the legends came and I have no company preference. I prefer to mix and match for my small collection. I am still torn between getting this set or Magic Square. I know I can only afford one of them and I will probably satisfied no matter what I choose. That said, here are the Newage Devastator pros and cons so far for me:

Pros:
    • Better colors than MS
    • Better-looking finish (although I don't mind Magic Square's nylon so much)
    • NewAge Devastator seems to have awesome articulation
    Cons:
    • You have to buy extra combiner parts separately (although at least it's all one piece)
    • I like the Magic Square alt modes better so far
    • NewAge Devastator seems a little too lanky for my taste
    Ugh, I may have to wait until both sets completely come out and wait until someone puts up a comparative review.

GB!

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Received my 2 boxes with Bonecrusher and Scavenger,plastic is heavy and sturdy I'm suprised by quality :)  .
    Transforming was easy ,especially Scavenger was fun ,instead for Bonecrusher despite video I was afraid to break something in feet,but everything went well.
    Now time to wait for other sets,Scapper with my luck is the third one :D . About these bots more and more I look them and become my favorite Constructicons toys,I already prefer them to my UW versions.

• Like Like x 2
  16. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Wow, 6 energon cubes! That's generous.

My set from TaoBao doesn't have them.

17. htquyet

htquyet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got my set from Taobao, it doesn't come with energon cubes, maybe only for international stores.

Overall I really love them, the plastic, the feel, the sculp & the articulations are great.

I wasn't sure which set to go for, but after some early reviews and some size comparisons and knowing they are at similar price, I decided to choose this over MS's because most of my legend collection are from NA, and MS versions look quite huge.

Some size comparisons:

DSC07941 (2).JPG DSC07943 (2).JPG DSC07945 (3).JPG

• Like Like x 19
  18. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Two gangstas! Pop pop

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  19. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

20210723_141211.jpg these guys are awesome, now if we can get something like this in MP scale. Also, ordered from ShowZ and it came with energon cubes

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that the B&A Devastator? I was so tempted to get him. Truly the most 'toon Devastator ever. I would skip the Devastator piece if I had that guy.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021