New Age Legends Scale Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NOCV, Mar 5, 2021.

1. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I think weight of the combined form is a much bigger factor in Masterpiece scaled combiners. That isn't much of an issue with Legends scale combiners.

2. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Occasional Jam-Band Drummer

As someone who IS primarily interested in filling out the roster because he DOES care about the original Cartoon and DID/(does) love the AMAZING engineering of Hulkie(this figure is 6 years old!)...

...I agree with your statement. The original Hulkie is actually quite outdated these days. However, I would have liked to see some other companies run with it's all-built-in engineering and improve upon it. Because it really is truly remarkable that they were able to make that work on such a small scale, and that's how Combiners should work in my mind. Alas, as the size of the figures has(unfortunately for me) gotten closer to the original Deluxe size range, the original Hulkie is just too small to do a Devastator likeness justice. I had to get an upsized Jinbao version(I think it's Jinbao) to match my War Giant, which I hope is not replaced very soon. Besides, I would still prefer to see these companies tackle Autobot combiners and characters that have not been represented yet...

...But, that's because I want my Roster filled out. Oh well, them's the breaks, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    i got my YX OSKO hulkie early last year, and that was to match my IF KO bruticus too. but yeah it's dated and was the only thing available but the price was cheap enough to make it worth getting at the time.

it's cool we're getting more devy options now from both NA and MS. but agree i would have preferred more focus on autobots, especially carbots or maybe dinobots, as my autobot crew is sparse compared to my very full decepticon shelf. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

Cant wait for this release! My OS KO hulkie was looking dated...

5. InspectorReflector

InspectorReflector Active Member

It doesn’t really bother me cause most of the time they need extra parts for hands, a head and chest plate and weapons anyway. Might as well throw a pair of thighs on the grill.

At least that way you get better articulation and over all aesthetic. Hopefully that is....

• Like Like x 4
  6. grimtnt

grimtnt Armada is older now than G1 was in 2002

News Credits:
    Understandable but unfortunate

Ironfactory's DJD combiner is one hell of a bot, the extra parts don't bother me in the slightest.

IMG_20210301_122532490.jpg IMG_20210222_150347030.jpg
    IMG_20210222_180534725.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jim1981

I am curious though... why? With that philosophy a menasor for example would be impossible...

• Like Like x 2
  8. grimtnt

News Credits:
    With Menasor you can never please everyone,

If it was all in one didn't partsform, people would complain it's just cars attaching to motor masters arms and shins.

If it used part of the trailer for extra parts some would complain your not getting a full Menasor.

Can't win with any one option, which is why multiple options are always welcome.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jim1981

I still don’t understand why someone would complain about extra parts for a combiner though. Without parts it won’t scale well and will need to sacrifice for either combined, Bot or Alt mode... if you look at Hulkie it definitely had to make sacrifices in combined mode and has very limited articulation.

• Like Like x 4
  10. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    i don't care if it's partsformers, pantsformers, panelformers or pure combiner. as long as all three modes look good and any/all parts are accounted for and incorporated all in ind, alt and combined modes and not sitting around on the sidelines useless, i'm happy!

• Like Like x 8
  11. grimtnt

News Credits:
    As long as all modes are sturdy I'm happy.

The DJD is the best combiner I've ever handled, and there is a lot of extra parts and partsforming in it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jim1981

DB35A4CE-BE8D-447C-BD49-3D78C305AAAE.jpeg
    I agree Hulkie has too many sacrifices trying to integrate everything...

edit: I remember someone posting a Hulkie with 3D printer “pants” and it improved the combined mode immensely!

13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That depends on what aspects are you going to "sacrifice" to me, engineering is not one of those.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pantsformer = insta-fail no buy

I'm still happy with Hulkie and his all integrated parts, but if something better comes along I would upgrade. He has room for improvement while keeping it all integrated still.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jim1981

do you know example of a non parts forming combined that still scales well and looks good?

16. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

looks great, have been hoping for a new announcement from na recently

17. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I have to say I prefer partsforming.
    Combiners already have a lot of hinges and moving parts. Having feet, hands, chest-shields and whatnots integrated creates even more hinges and moving parts.

All flat surfaces aren't very attractive, but neither are robots that have hinges all over their bodies.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And another slot for Cybertronian Devastator goes un-filled. *sigh*

19. Jim1981

Hulkie is way too limited in articulation though. I basically have him in A-stance all the time..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if you are aware, but considering your join date I figured you might have missed it so I'll share it just in case. TFC Perseus was a SG Devastator from 8 years ago. I would expect the basic color scheme to be at least similar.

[​IMG]

I can at least imagine that even if I don't feel it. That said I believe with this set NA will have released every named Season 1 Decepticon (unless they do a Tetrajet mold for the Seekers). I think they are only missing the Combaticons and Triplechangers for Season 2. There is something to be said for being able to get the complete set from one company. MS is also close to the same if they aren't doing the extended Seeker lineup (just missing the Insecticons at this point).

• Like Like x 1