New Age Legends Scale Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NOCV, Mar 5, 2021.

1. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a big part of why I ended up migrating from MS to NA. Magic Square has made some fantastic figures, but there are quite a few misses in there as well. Newage is by far the more consistent of the two.

That said, I'd have been happy to pick and choose between the two companies on the strength of each individual release if they had gone with the same damn scale.

• Like Like x 3
  2. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    I'm so excited that this is ready. The fact that my S1 NA Decepticons will be done by the end of the year...Going to need to build a shelf just for them. It will be a glorious day. Wonder if the first pair of constructicons will release before Shockwave?

3. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

yeah nah they absolutely ripped the transformation for this from Yeung

• Like Like x 2
  4. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt they even know of this things existence. Isn’t that the printformer?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Feet are completely different. Some parts might be similar but there's only so many ways you can do a bot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well they are known to copy off of other creators before like they did with their ironhide and ratchet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

They changed a small detail in the execution of the concept, but its like using a thesaurus to change up words in a copied essay

Its easily as well known as Jizaitoys' Ratchet was...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yep
    変形バカ一代!ジザイトイズ

Many creators have websites like this.

9. SillyMcGilly

SillyMcGilly Well-Known Member

The little trumpets are adorable

10. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I did the whole 3rd party thing in the early 2010's when CHUG wasnt giving G1 fans the characters or aesthetic they really wanted. Back then, Hasbro was trying to appease young kids with NEO alt modes they could relate to. These days, kids are an afterthought and CHUG is a glorified adult fan line all about the obscure characters. So I never felt the need to fall into that 3rd party trap again with a different scale. MP scale collectors are now deciding which mold is the perfect seeker mold or or begging for better 84-85 characters. I already been there done that with CHUG. I have no desire to repeat it again now that Hasbro is getting it right for the most part (Devastator and Predaking being huge exceptions) I couldnt fathom starting from scratch with a different scale. I dont see the appeal behind making Transformers the size of 80s GIjoe figures. They never were that size. I get what youre saying about room on a shelf. But is room really worth paying double the price of CHUG ? Wheres the bargin ? Im inclined to believe most legends scale collectors are younger and didnt collect through the beginning of CHUG to realize how much Hasbro has submitted to adult G1 collectors tastes in the last 5 years. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I was only responding to someone who seemed mildly offended that I suggested a KO company upscale these to deluxe scale so CHUG collectors can enjoy the mold too. Honestly I could care less about the difference in profit margins between Hasbro and 3rd parties. I only care about the profit margin coming out of my wallet and what im getting for it. Hasbro has been knocking it out the park for 5 years. I fell into the 3rd party money pit trap 10 years ago and im not trying to relive those bad decisions again at a new scale like the MP collectors are doing currently. Outside of select MMC figures (DJD) and upgrade kits for Hasbro figures, I totally abandoned 3rd parties the same way 3rd parties abandoned CHUG scale collectors.

12. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must... resist... tiny... perfect... constructicons...

• Like Like x 4
  13. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Scavenger in bot mode is awesome and is perfect ,and in vehicle is more toon than G1 toy. Also Bonecrusher is very good is good that has different feet from other bot but maybe legs are just a little too long but are only first impressions. And if they' ve added trumphets, could add a little Robosmasher, after all with Darius we've seen everything for accessories :D  .

• Like Like x 1
  14. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

For me; NA for bot modes, MS for Devy

Actually I'm in it more for the constructicons (bot modes) since I like posing my MT giant with my decept legends. The style differences may not be for everyone but doesn't bother me. However I'm digging that MS devy enough to get it.

If I had to pick one, well it would come down to which mode I planned to keep them in most of the time. Since I don't *have to just pick one; SOLD. SOLD.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry mate but I think you're way off the mark with this comment... I myself am almost 44 and I get a sense that a lot of the guys on here are aorund the same age give or take 5 years. I've only started collecting anything in the last couple of years as I am in a position to be able to afford it. Had I been previously I no doubt would have started down the MP route.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

So this entire conversation in this topic makes no sense I see.

Yep same here, 42 now and had the OG toys, sold them mid 90's and just got in to this 2 years ago.
    Real MP were always too pricey for me and the rest of Hasbro's offering, just did not do it for me, glad I found these Legends.
    Glad to have some figures I had as a kid back on the shelf

• Like Like x 6
  17. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

I'm 27 and feel the same way. Hasbro really has gone downhill in their offerings over the years and, having switched over to 3rd party, never want to go back. I love the amount of love and effort that goes into these little guys.

• Like Like x 9
  18. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I’m exactly the same too. As I’m getting older I don’t want bigger figures sitting around. Theses legends are packed with so much quality for their size. I never got the argument of bigger = better.

• Like Like x 10
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why not mix and match and have the best of it all. some of the lines will do a bots worlds better than the others. there is no real need to stick to one or the other.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Indeed or to stick to the Sunbow and just collect what you like.
    I like the smaller group set ups instead of 1 big group, so I can always rotate figures around or have muliple displays like I am going for now with MSt and MFT and some will be mixed.
    The moment I get MS Prime it will go with MFT Ultra magnus, Grapple, Inferno and the MS carbots in display.
    The jinbao Prime either with the Dinobots or other MFT bots.
    So nice to have a choice and not be stuck to 1 thing.

• Like Like x 1