New Age H9 Agamemnon (Legends scaled G1 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MrDipnSlip, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    This guy has a very fun transformation. I'm also flipping him back a forth.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kobii

Kobii earthling

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That's great to hear! Just what I'm looking for!

3. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    He is a good looking figure, but personally I feel (as far as build quality and stability) he's the weakest of all the Newage bots I have in my collection. As somebody who got late into the legends game with NA Tyr as his first bot I got used to the modern era quality of the NA figures. Of the older NA bots Soundwave is still excellent, Brawn and Reflector are a bit so so, but still feel good in hand. Megs feels really light and cheap in that regard. To me he doesnt have the Newage magic that their others bots have. But for a deskbot he probably is fine.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mechman42

Mechman42 Queen of Sound

News Credits:
    Ive heard nothing good about MS megs but ive never handled it myself so take this with a grain of salt, but Newage megs is easily the best megatron in my collection and one of my favorite desk bots. Really fun to flip back and forth and looks fantastic in both modes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    MS has a great looking Robot mode if you want a big beefy menacing looking Megatron with a passable gun mode. But he isn’t fun to transform casually. But this is nothing new to the MS vs NA design philosophy. NA wants a well rounded experience. Nice paint jobs, nice hand feel materials, more relaxed intuitive transformation and decent looking bot and alt modes. MS want’s amazing looking bot modes, sub par alt modes, super intricate transformations, sturdy materials that might feel off to some and minimum paint.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well now you have: MS Megs is better than NA.

[​IMG]

In that comic I obviously focused on accessories but there's a reason I included that last panel - MST Megs has a back! That alone is enough to give the win to him - NA Megs is missing half his freakin' torso. That's not to say I don't like NA - I'm here in this thread after all which means it's a figure I'm interested in and I own three versions of him (EX, comic, and battle damage) - But Magic Square's is my "main" Megatron that lives in my legends collection (the new 2022 version with the slick paint - I also own the original, which had a particularly nasty blemish on his chest, and the metallic).

As others have noted, his alt mode isn't perfect - the gun grip in particular is too wide (a problem suffered by many Megatrons but his is particularly so) and his overall shape is less accurate than Newage's (not that NA is accurate but he's definitely closer to the gun we saw in the cartoon or even the real Walther). He's not as easy to transform but then all of my Newage Megatrons are painted so I don't consider them particularly easy to transform as I worry about scratching the paint while trying to get the arms out of gun mode. But you know what? He has a back. Oh and he has one other feature that Newage just can't begin to compete with...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  7. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best post ever, bravo.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mechman42

Mechman42 Queen of Sound

News Credits:
    I didn’t think of that. If that’s something you care deeply about there’s some pretty good gap fillers for that and his titty gap. Obviously some people aren’t a fan of covers like that, so depends if that’s your style.

9. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Fist of the North Star

News Credits:
    iirc all H9 toon releases after the original release should have the new legs + you can easily get them separately for less than 20 bucks

10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, gap fillers are all well and good if you're not going to be transforming your figure much (which honestly I don't very much any more) and if the color/finish matches. But it's the principle - a figure that doesn't need a filler is better than one that does. But that's just me - I know NA pulls off the toon look better so a properly filled in NA figure could be considered better in that regard.

I should also note that I've always preferred MST in general so there's some bias. Newage figures are amazing and definitely have the superior finish but I feel like almost all of them have a major flaw or two holding them back from greatness. Megatron's back, Optimus' chest, the carbots' squat proportions, Bumblebee's horribly broken up chest, Starscream's wings, Devastator completely covering up Long Haul, Jetfire's faction symbol bump, Grimlock's ridiculously messy legs, and so on. Recently, however, I've started to lean a bit more toward NA as it's just really hard to resist that finish and MST has had some... regrettable head sculpts (Bumblebee and Cliffjumper in particular but certainly not limited to those two).

[Edit] It occurs to me that there's one other reason I prefer MST Megs over NA: Optimus. I consider both of MST's Optimus figures to be superior to NA's (that damned chest) and MST Megs matches their Optimus better than NA's does. So yeah, bias everywhere :p 

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  11. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took me a long time to decide between NA or MS Megs for my collections. In the end, I decided to MS ver cuz I am a fan G1 toon styling. The only reason why I didn't immediately opt for him is MS Megs when he appeared it was bigger than their first version OP. The only biggest flaw for me is his hard transformation, and to be honest so far I have never tried to transform it. I don't care that much for alt mode, bot mode is more important to me and I don't have to transform him because in his accessories I have him as a gun which looks very good :) 

later I found a way without customizing how to make it smaller to fit in better with my collection ..

20230315_173212.jpg

He is so perfect, powerful as if he stepped out of a cartoon. Material is good and can be combined with other brands without problems.

AUTOBOTS I WILL CRUSH YOU!

20230315_173847 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. eMouse

eMouse Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a place that still has the H9EX version available? The Chosen Prime has it listed as a pre-order, but they just pushed the arrival date back, so I don't know if that's an actual anticipated delivery or wishful thinking.

13. Agentmeister5

Agentmeister5 Well-Known Member

@eMouse I'm selling mine, it's MIB. PM if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    I managed to get ahold of the new legs AND the filler pieces from a US seller. That’s all of my luck for the year lol.
    This figure is insanely good though, love the painted finish!
    IMG_4471.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Does that chest filler restrict the butterfly joint?

16. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    It does slightly unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Figured. But it’s okay, the visual improvement is worth it. And it can always be removed if the butterfly is needed

• Like Like x 1
  18. King Gojira

King Gojira 'Til all are one TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone selling EX Megatron or know where I can get one?

• Like Like x 1
  19. velencourte

velencourte Well-Known Member

20. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4