New Age H9 Agamemnon (Legends scaled G1 Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MrDipnSlip, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I think many are waiting for more pics.

2. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    They nailed nothing.
    Parts count and paint ops are still parts count and paint op, and the ratios between what's being charged for bots of different sizes is consistent between smaller and larger third party bots with HasTak's legends and larger bots.
    We're mostly paying for labor, both in design and in assembly/manufacturing.
    Labor cost rise isn't a conspiracy, and neither is charging more for a more complex, labor intensive product.
    There ARE cases of where a given figure is blown up to a larger size to increase perceived value, but bigger ain't necessarily better.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  3. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I'd wager a large chunk is in the tail end of that. Tiny pieces are more difficult to assemble, which takes more time. Add that to the point that these are complex items with low production runs (in comparison to 1st party), and small market reach. It's no wonder that they can be pretty pricey.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

i dont know what she told you, but bigger is always better.

The exhaust KO is bigger, has paint op, part counts and is cheaper than some of these legends right? KBB MP10V is on par with some of these figures in terms of price, talk about a non complex, non painted, cheap low quality ko voyager with no accessories and no retail box. there definitely arent tons of examples, these are just outliers.

Youre mostly paying for their profit. Margins, thats what its about. why so many new legends? Its because they are making money. BUT yeah, Im sure they arent doing it for money since the profit margins arent there. We know the chinese dont like to make money. Its definitely just being done for the love of manufacturing. AND Im sure cheap labor in china is hard to find.

At 10-15 dollars a piece, they are making decent money, enough for a chinese KO'ed Mercedes. At 25-50, they are just raking in the loot for those big shadow companies.

Those chinese people didnt see people pay 50-100 for MP21, at least TT tried to throw in that abomination, that high quality mint spike, just to make it seem worth it. They also didnt see others paying 50-100 dollar for other single minibots from hastak shadow 3rd/4th party subsidiaries. Nope, it has nothing to do with it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kung Fu Roo

if 10-15 went to 15-20 to adjust for inflation, id be like sure, okay, cool. However, considering how china deflates their currency etc, a jump to 25-50 is some semi-extreme anal penetration, without lube.

6. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not so sure about Iron factory looking silly. Have you seen their latest teases? The BW pairing in particular look mind-boggling amazing:
    C40DDAC2-2690-4513-B63A-BE3461E08A8C.jpeg F40604E9-0D41-4AD5-B85A-D1BD062BB7EB.jpeg
    iron factory Megtron&Maximus Magnus&Optimal Optimus&BW Megtron&More
    IF’s own G1 ish Megatron from that thread is no slouch!

• Like Like x 4
  7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Ill take megatron and those datzun brothers :)  while i have a good bit of legends decepticons i could use some autobots.

8. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Definitely living the dream now with that Megatron.
    My god it's beautiful.

And those mp cars are solid as well. Highly impressed and can't wait to get that Megatron !!!

10. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    ...but but butt bigger is better, rite?

I mean, maybe your position is more nuanced than "price is primarily determined by raw materials cost and we're being played for suckers," but I'm having difficulty seeing beyond that, outside of some folks' perception of value (which kind of goes against the tren d you're decrying anyway)..
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 6.41.55 AM.png
    I'm not even sure which items you're comparing when you say "10-15 went to 15-20", since initial prices and cost rise varied widely across the third party market. You wanna clarify?

(This seems kind of an off-topic digression, but we haven't even argued a page's worth yet.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kung Fu Roo

i used "10-15 went to 15-20" for some bs inflation thingamajig . im not specifically comparing that to any one item, i was generalising.

btw, every real woman told me bigger was better. it hurt my feelings, but it made me a better man in the process. do i want to clarify? not really. ill just agree to disagree. im not really into penis measuring using an opinion ruler. instead we can just let this thread get back on topic.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  12. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I want to know more about that Jazz, but for some reason Googling "New Age Legends Jazz" is giving me very...different results.

• Like Like x 2
  13. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have they said how big he is yet? I just combed through the thread but I may have missed it.

15. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Can't tell how fast Newage is, but I expect the release order to be Cosmos x3, Datsuns x4, Jazz x3, Ironhide x2, Megatron. Probably will get Jazz by mid year and the other two by end of quarter 3.

It does look like they are doing Sunbow scale just like the MP line.

The Bumble/Carbot ratio being 6cm/7.6cm is similar to MP's 12.5cm/16.5cm ratio.

Newage is a good alternative to MS Toys if they don't like the Nylon plastic.

I am expecting a blue Soundwave from their Ironhide mould.

[​IMG]

16. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'm going to make a mildly educated guess and say he's going to be around DX9 Dutch's height. They are really going to great lengths to pose their product with that figure. Not getting into what company New Age is or isn't or whatever, but if they're using Dutch Prime as a stand in with their legends figures, I would assume that Megatron would have to work with him as well. So figure around the 10.5cm mark? Depending if they want him the same height or a touch bigger.

Lots of "could be totally wrong" here. But it just seems to fit the picture.

• Like Like x 2
  17. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, there is some bad info being spread around

Actually, in a Legends scaled collection, the convention is that your standard rank-and-file autobot warrior "carbot" is a Legends class, 3.5", figure and others scale up or down from there.

Beyond that there are a couple ways to go. You can be super strict about exact scale ratios, but I think it makes a lot more sense to have a scale where the sizes grow a bit slower.. leading up to metroplex and fort max being Titan class instead of as big as a house.

Your entire premise falls apart because standard 3P legends figures have never been $9-$15. Hasbro sure, but not 3P. Some of IFs legion class fembots were ~$20, and some other more basic dx9 or UT figures were around $20 because they were packed together, but legends figures have always been $25-$35, and up from there for the larger ones.

KOs of hasbro and 3P figures will ALWAYS be cheaper because they have no or greatly reduced design costs.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    Waiting patiently for alt mode pics. Robot mode is several degrees of awesomeness.

19. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have we determined how tall he will be? I’m curious if he will scale with Magic Square Optimus.

20. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    Not officially, no. New Age is seemingly scaling off of DX9’s Dutch, who is about 10.5cm. Their upcoming Megatron would be about that height most likely.

• Like Like x 5