New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Hasbro wants non-G1 fans to become G1 fans.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I find this line somewhat disapointing, i was hoping this who cartoon g1 heavy thing would of been placed in the realms of MPs only, that way i can get updated looks on the characters, its why i like the older classics toys more. but ironworks is someone im keen on :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I think at this point the franchise lives on nostalgia. For that matter so do Marvel, and DC, and pretty much any of the franchises like that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    That too. That's what Cyberverse is DEFINITELY about - that way kids 40 years from now will be asking for their Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Windblade, Megatron, Starscream, etc.

5. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Also part of me wishes they hadn't just done a G1 esqe Omega, and instead gave this line an animated esqe one that turns into the Ark.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Some are even afraid to move on *coughstarwarsfanscough* TLJ rules!

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Sure G1 was the reason why BW have existed but BW was also the main reason why the brand was able to thrive to this day and not end up as among a lot of the other 80's brands that died in the 90's in the first place. So I don't get why you feel that attaching BW to Transformers was a mistake considering that there was already TF fans going at each others throats long before BW came to be. There's always going to be fans in fighting so even if they did as you wanted it wouldn't have changed a thing. If anything it brought in new fans and helped introduced people to G1 who before wasn't aware of the connection until later in in the series. Having it be a separate line wouldn't have the same effect if at all.

Also as someone who's also a fan of things that are either overlooked or even hated I'm more then aware of what that feeling is like just so you know.

Sure G1's a hot seller right now but for how much longer? The G1 steam is eventually going to run out sooner or later so you're going to have to eventually start giving out more options for those who are ready for something else gradually.

Thing is though how do we know Hasbro has any intent of moving on to include more TF eras other then G1 into the modern market? Aside from a couple of scraps and hints of what may come they showed little to no signs of them making plans to further move on to future TF eras. We're at a point where we should've seen more hints of that but we're not. Maybe I'm getting impatient and I'm hoping that's the case in the end since there was a time the G1 fans were in a similar position. but so far Hasbro seems more then willing to remain in G1 land even when it'll start to lose steam. Until there's proof of Hasbro doing otherwise a lot of people aren't convinced that Hasbro will eventually move on from G1.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

:confused2 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking." TFW2005 Supporter

I have never had a better understanding of the cliche that rules are meant to be broken.

10. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    There may be some people targeting the aesthetics, but it's not that, it's the repetition of the same aethestic that's the problem. G1 Prime is iconic, and I love the design, but I don't need every representation of Optimus this decade to be that same thing in different sizes.

A modern Optimus shelf display will just look like the same figure in the stages of shrinking/growing at this rate (ala Ant Man).

It's great that those figures exist, but how many G1 or stylised-G1 figures have we had released across the same timeframe they came out?

I really do hope that they continue to at the very least mix different-era alt modes into the Earthrise line, like they did with Siege Magnus.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw a different suggestion that I quite liked for a deluxe weaponiser roller that doubles as Groundshakers ATV micro base.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I don't see how we can get a better Optimus Prime in Generations after this.

I actually hope that for the third part, we get a new, much more accurate Ginrai/Powermaster Optimus with a cab that he combines with. Having Ginrai with these better proportions would be so much better than even the Takara Super/God Ginrai revised version of the previous Powermaster mold!

• Like Like x 2
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

Still sore that he never got a mainline figure in Animated originally. Imagine if the Siege version had an interior for micro/battlemasters

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nickster563

Nickster563 More of a mystery nut than nightbeat

*Sees new Earthrise Optimus Prime*
    *Looks nervously over at the Classics, Potp, and Siege Optimus’ I already have*
    793A0784-D6C1-47BC-AFF9-FEA984C71605.png

• Like Like x 9
  15. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    diverse sizes, and figures for each character in the movies is a thing of the past as well, we are stuck with only the \"in scale\" of studio series(and not even those are accurate) while i like some of the figures siege offered, more often than not it was just THE SAME THING with an slighly less earth mode, and now, AGAIN we get EARTH, they didnt even release the characters that need cybertorn modes the most, g1 wheeljack and g1 bumblebee the very first designs seen in the cartoon...
    and now, earth, wonder if we will see something new, fresh a new take on...nah its the same g1 as always, and to the person that says g1 is where money is at
    where did you get that from? collectors DO make a portion of the revenue but not the bulk of it, thats kids, and kids depend directly on what is shown to them so if hasbro decided to do a series gee i dont jknow about bulky designs that collect pokemons thats what kids would buy and that would be a success...so if they are churning out the same old tired g1 designs over and over again, in series in comics in EVERYTHING, and its the only transforming robots kids find in stores guess what will happen? they will buy those and of course it will make a good portion of the revenue BUT NOT BECAUSE OF THE DESIGNS NOT BECAUSE OF THE NOSTALGIA, NOT BECAUSE G1 SUPERIOR EVERYTHING ELSE INFERIOR; it will be because, its the only thing kids are exposed to in terms of transforming figures

also yes, i think they should diversify i love my movie figures but i also have generations, figures from the trilogy and i would love if they released more beast wars and im not only talking about the show designs i mean, like they did back in the day, all sort of designs everywhere, (that happened with the beast era toylines, and the movie toylines, i dont recall the trilogy having too many designs outside of the show, unless they were repaints or remolds, heck even release the unreleased animated toys?, maybe do the designs that never got anything not even a prototype?

so many posibilities, and all we have is...the same old tired g1, not even a reinvention like even siege tried to do, why dont they just release the entire series as masterpieces and forget doing any other toys ever again? also, mp10 happened for each movie bumblebee figure that has ever happened at least were different molds...mp10...the same over and over again, and optimus g1 design doesnt change....much, we have seen that figure design so many times, one could count from the original diaclone

that as a response to all other people have been saying, about the figures shown, optimus looks good, and probably would be the best g1 voyager(because the leader tag is only because of the trailer i wish a version without it was made available), grapple looks BORING AND SIMPLE AS F, and deluxe ironworks, probably works with micromaster ironworks...ok bad pun, but honestly...dont know what to think, i dislike partsformers, even if they form weapons or homage mini playsets, still hoping to see starscream, we havent had a decent representation of starscream ever(classics is crap else people wouldnt have tossed it away as soon as the next interpretation came in), the tetrajet looks awesome in robot mode but damn i hate that vehicle mode, the potp...exists and elita is the only good use of the mold, wait, i have the cloud version, why do i need another voyager starscream?

16. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Oh my, am I the only one who likes that new Grapple? I've always been a secret fan of him

• Like Like x 7
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    I would almost guarantee Roller getting a Deluxe Weaponizer. Prime's trailer is big enough for him to ride inside.

• Like Like x 4
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ya know, we get G1 prime over and over and over again. For once I want something new and different. I want muh Armada. Energon, Cybertron, Animated, and Prime representation. You know- other stuff we've already had.

optimus face palm.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  19. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I would love a Deluxe roller!

As for the trailer being big enough, I don’t know if it is. If you look at the repair bay image the trailer is only slightly taller than Optimus’ robot mode. If we assume Optimus is the same size as his Siege design it puts the trailer at around maybe 7.2 inches length, 3.2 inches in height, and around 2 inches in width, a bit of a tight squeeze for a deluxe car.[​IMG]

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

To be fair, an updated Armada Prime with the full on combining trailer that actually has articulated legs in place of a combustible motor gimmick seems like a reasonable expectation for Armada fans.

• Like Like x 12