New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

Because a significant amount of their sales are non fandom adults buying toys of the shelves for kids, and when they're looking at the shelves and See OP they buy that one because he's the hero, or BB because he's the one kids like.

Suck for Star Wars fans too who get Falcons and X-wings and never B-Wings or Tie Bombers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends what Inferno head they give us!

3. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He means from RID2001, More Beast Wars, the Unicron trilogy, updates to characters who haven't seen the light of day for nearly 20 years.

Generations shouldn't just be G1 it should encompass everything aside from the film's.

It's not 2009 anymore.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It mentions space battles on the blurb for the battle ground feature so not all earth based then??

• Like Like x 2
  5. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animals! Beast Wars!

One can hope...

• Like Like x 3
  6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There will **ALWAYS** be a truck Optimus and tank Megatron now. Anyone who complains about too much G1 must be blind. Hasbro's evergreen approach already suggests that these are the baseline, iconic images that they want to portray for the brand.

I get wanting more content that isn't G1 but also ragging on its its aesthetics imply more malice towards G1, and if that's the case then I'm simply not willing to support non G1 based product. That's up to you guys.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So I understand your desire for something new, but I think you may be advocating for fairness (which is totally cool), but in this environment (business) which fairness does not factor in.

Again, this fact STINKS, I wish you and everyone of fellow TF fans can get their figure (yes including our Bay movie buddies :)  ) but unfortunately it’s the reality of business; safe and consistent profits and G1 is both

• Like Like x 2
  8. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I’d be quite happy to get a new Overkill ;)  (and Slugfest!)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RID Ultra Magnus.
    Galaxy Optimus and Hot Shot.
    Cheetor in Cyberverse.

Seems like they are starting to, and allowing people to vote with their wallets, but the fanatics are acting like they're getting nothing but G1.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Hiatus from 3D print design. Need bigger monitor.

Holy crap! This Optimus is reusing some of Siege Prime's leg parts. The front of the lower legs and the feet are identical.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I want it to be called Animutants Biocombat, and be based on the 1996 Beast Wars packaging profiles which had Optimus Primal and Megatron be G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron, set in the then present day.

12. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want them to be called Furformers, and see if the BW fans take to calling themselves furries. :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reygn

Reygn Banned

Lego is the way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally broke down and bought the cell-shaded Siege Optimus, but this is getting to the point of fatigue for me. I primarily collection MP figures and I couldn't justify the price on 44 either.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I skipped on Siege Optimus, now I'm glad I did.

• Like Like x 2
  16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    On the topic on how there's little to no non G1 era representation in the brand right now,we know that Hasbro does give us scraps from time to time and we know we currently have BW characters in the MP line. We're aware that Hasbro hasn't really forgotten the other TF eras and believe me that's great. We also know that G1 isn't going anywhere and we don't want it gone either.

What's actually bugging us is that aside from that none of us non G1 era fans have any other option to choose from in terms of everything, not just Generations and MP toys. Compared to that of the G1 fans who have a MASSIVE library to choose from when it comes to options.

Right now the G1 fans have these

The new Bumblebee movie and planned G1 esque reboot movie series.
    Prime Wars Trilogy lines and web series.
    The upcoming Netflix WFC Series
    The Cyberverse series that's currently strongly G1 based
    The WFC line that's primarly G1 focused
    Both the original and rebooted IDW TF comics
    The Masterpiece line of course
    The majority of past Generations line having mostly G1 updates

Just to name a few. If you don't like one G1 take then there's another one you can like. but what do we non G1 ra fans have?

Basically little to no exposure and what we do got is either average or if they're great it's not enough. There's also the issue that not all of us can afford the MP BW products so that still leaves a lot of BW fans with nothing BW related. So is it any wonder why a lot of us are frustrated at this point? It's not like before where we had more options like in T30 where we had different eras to choose from but the fact that we don't have even that stings. The only non G1 Era lucky to have that luck is the movie verse both the Bay and Knight versions which are represented in Studio Series. Is it really so much to ask of Hasbro to start giving out products and media that aren't just G1 and the movies for a change thus giving the non G1 era fans options of what they want?

• Like Like x 4
  17. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    G1=where the money is.
    The only thing that rivals it is Bayverse figures. And I dislike about 95% of the designs that came from those movies. But they're not gonna stop making them. From my POV I say concentrate more on updating everything G1 and stop making toys based on the Bayverse. But from a bu$$ine$$ perspective that's not happening.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

This is absolutely the last G1 Optimus I am getting. Then again, I probably said the same thing about the last dozen or so.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Since it appears that he won't be putting in an appearance as part of Optimus's leader class figure is anyone else hoping for a micromaster Roller, possibly sharing his package with a micromaster based on Armada Sparkplug, since both are partners of Optimuses (Optimi?)

• Like Like x 4
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ignoring that almost all the non-G1 parts of the brand is just another flavor of G1...it's taken a long while to get to this point. Until the past few years (starting with the Prime Wars in earnest), G1 fans were generally relegated to side projects and homage lines. We lapped up scraps from Botcon and tolerated sewage dumps like IDW's "Regeneration One". Allow G1 fans their time to bask in the sun for awhile...because the 90's nostalgia wave is just starting to get its kicks on and then we'll all be complaining about the Todd McFarlane/roid rage collector toys showing up (along with being knee deep in Beast Wars again).

• Like Like x 3