New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    *slips in*

For someone who's still searching for Perfect OP, this new OP is a welcome addition...esp after skipping Siege OP due to its overdo paint damage.

*slips out*

• Like Like x 6
  2. enots0407

enots0407 Wheeltracks

Ebay:
    Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Thing is they are constrained to budget, it’s much more profitable to make a mold/character they can milk than one offs. Not great for us like but I just don’t think that it would in the long run help us get what we want. You know a fair few will ask for a new and bigger Metroplex. (Unicron part 2)

4. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

If they doing the rebirth out of this trilogy that means a good Galvatron is on the way. Can’t wait. I hope we get Rodimus not hot rod, RODIMUS PRIME out this line too. Earthrise.... could possibly lead to scorponok as this lines Titan. Hope so. Either way super excited

• Like Like x 7
  5. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Astro-Creep

News Credits:
    It just occurred to me that we'll be getting a Voyager sized, modern tech Prime WITH a trailer, for the same price point as what they wanted for G1 Trailerless Prime.

Seems like a heck of a bargain in that context.

• Like Like x 17
  6. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    can we talk about the possibility of slicer and exhaust from wheeljack since his basically confirmed at this point and if track also comes out, road rage and loud pedal, or any possibilites we have with these new guys instead of complaining about optimus prime

• Like Like x 4
  7. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

in terms of siege charcters that could be improved a lot, prowl and megs,the latter isn't terrible but deserves the level of articulation seen on earthrise prime

8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm absolutely here for Slicer and Loud Pedal. More Decepticon cars, please!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Because we're mostly not the same target demographic :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

That's how I am too. That's why I haven't gotten Classics Optimus or Starscream, because as much as I like those figures, in recent years I felt like they would release something better. This is also why I'm not getting Star Convoy, because IMO the POTP mold could be a lot better in general. I still respect what it was trying to do in the first place.

I hope to god we get new Dinobots. Getting a combiner is cool, but not my cup of tea in this situation. Please let there be a Leader (or possibly Commander class, not sure how that will scale) Grimlock and the other guys be Voyager class.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same. Real estate is getting really tight for my S1-3 CHUG shelf.....
    20190920_15352811.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  12. carnerd3000

You know what? I'm shocked we haven't gotten a new Tracks toy yet. I like the RTS version, but for some reason it bothers me that he doesn't look like a Corvette, I don't know why.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Since we are getting a newer, better Astrotrain can we dare to hope for newer and better Blitzwing? Octane? Sandstorm?

• Like Like x 4
  14. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New Modular Mode[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Because they’re doing a new one in every line. It’s Overkill!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I do appreciate when they push the boat out a bit, like they recently did with GU Optimus' & PoTP Optimal, and I'll gladly sing Hasbro's praises for those figures and any other chances they take!

I genuinely hate to sound negative on the boards at all. I want to buy new Transformers; as I'm sure we all do (even a new Optimus when it appears). I don't care if you're a die-hard for a certain niche of the franchise, or what you like to collect; we're all different and we all do this for fun (in theory, looking at the boards sometimes :p ), but a line that has survived on creativity and toy engineering can only stay healthy so long, if it traps itself in the past. I don't want that for this franchise, but the lack of any ambition or creativity to push new boundaries with the storytelling and designs is enough to cause some worry by this point.

This is a fantastic looking G1 Optimus, and the Siege engineering it partly shares is bloody great....but it's nothing we haven't seen before, and the Transformers junkie in me wants something/ANYTHING new.

As a lifelong G1 fan (though Beast Wars overtook #1 spot over the years), I wanted a return to the "vintage" characters & designs for years through Beast Machines to the point we got Classics. We had it; we got Classics, Universe, Generations, Combiner Wars, Titans Return, Power of The Primes, Siege and now Earthrise. We shouldn't stop with G1, but it needs to be brought into balance with the other 28 years of the brand's legacy.

TL;DR: I, as I'm sure is the case with many others, don't want anything in particular to be made, just more variety from across the brand's history (including G1 and everything else). And we're not getting it.

• Like Like x 5
  17. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    What class was next to the listing? Commander Class or Leader Class? Do you roughly recall the name of the site?

• Like Like x 1
  18. carnerd3000

I agree. I'm fine with TR Blitzwing and probably Octane, but Sandstorm could look a lot better IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm mostly happy with my Legends Blitzwing, but if we got a new one that went hard on the "triangle wedge wings" transformation scheme of the original toy/animation model, then I'd be all in.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly, octane is great, very happy with how he looks and blitzwing is decent, he could benefit from a redo but we've already had him twice. Sandstorm and Broadside are the triple changers most in need of another shot.

• Like Like x 2