New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Hoist still can’t graduate to Voyager yet I see.

Bring on Earth Starscream!

• Like Like x 1
  2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper is the very last of the minibots left to be made in the legends class scale. he is the only missing 1984-1985 autobot outside of the minispies and the omnibots. you can give him a new head and make hubcap, finishing the 1986 minibots and gives another car mode to finish the throttle bots that we have 1/6 of.

I have no issue with upsizing the minibots, I bought Classics Cliffjumper back when he came in 2006, I bought deluxe warpath, reveal the shield windcharger. I was fine with larger versions of the characters, but hasbro decided to set a standard for the size of the minibots with the thrilling 30 toyline, and cliffjumper is the final one to make and we can basically move from that size class.

we have gotten 3 different deluxe cliffjumpers, let us finally finish the damn minibot set.

besides, you are yelling about vehicle mode scale which absolutely never matters in transformers. As long as their robot modes are in decent scale that is all that matters. I say this as a collector of generations since day one with Classics in 2006, let me finish this, we are so close to having every major character remade from 1984-1987 and beyond. I am fully fine with hasbro doing whatever they want, as long as I can continue to add a couple pieces to that collection every year.

your pointless anger is entirely misplaced and you'd do better to do something more constructive with your time.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Yep, we haven't had a properly redone earth Cliffjumper ever outside of Alternity. He, Gears, and Huffer are the 84's by far most in need of proper updates at this point.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Quiet Koala

Quiet Koala New Member

I think Wheeljack in 2020 is definitely going to happen. A Hasbro Pulse representative actually replied to my request that they make Cybertronian Wheeljack, Jazz & Bumblebee for the Siege line. He said that they couldn\'t do it for legal reasons (I think they lost temporarily lost the trademark) but that  I shouldn\'t give up hope. So I guess they got the trademark back and I\'m hoping they can finally make G1 Episode 1 Wheeljack, Jazz & Bumblebee in their cartoon-accurate Cybertronian vehicle modes. 

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    at least with gears and huffer, who could seriously use a redo, they at least have g1 heads

poor cliffjumper has gotten the shaft for so long.

6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fuck that. I'm still waiting for a Cosmos that isn't Legends class.

• Like Like x 2
  7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I don't care about the Coneheads and never have, but a voyager Armada Starscream would be awesome. Especially if he has Swindle and his shoulder cannons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

To be fair, Ironhide couldn't graduate past "tallest deluxe." So, sadly, Hoist (and likely Trailbreaker eventually) wasn't getting anywhere near voyager.

The funny part is, if they make Hoist as tall as Ironhide...I think that makes him about as tall as T30 Hoist? A bit more, maybe?

9. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

The question for me isn't why is Cliffy a deluxe (I love the idea of him being a deluxe, actually); the question is wtf are we getting an Earth mode Starscream already?? Please please PLEASE don't tell me this line is merging and mixing Cybertronian and Earth modes. This appears to be the case since they gave Astrotrain his Earth modes,88 but still. I really really hate this idea. If they can just finish the 84-85 Autobot roster in Cybertronian modes then I'm all good. If they mix them up and go with half the Autobots in Earth modes and half in Cybertron modes, this will be a freaking blunder on the level of how Disney effed-up Star Wars.
    ....Ok, maybe not that bad, but I'll be really pissed. Please tell me Hasbro knows better than to do something like that.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Honestly y'all, I wouldn't worry too much about them redoing all of the Seeker's we've gotten on the new body, since the only ones that would really necessitate having Earth jet vehicle modes are Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp; Redwing and the Rainmakers more need the Tetrajet mode. Of the ones we've already gotten, I only expect to see Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp remade on this new body, with them using both Seeker molds going forward wherever necessary (the Earth jet one for Coneheads and other Seekers that actually appeared on Earth, the Tetrajet mold for Seekers that primarily appeared on Cybertron).

My guess is they'll try to find a happy medium between the two robot modes; maybe some of the proportional slenderness of Trailbreaker with some of the kibble of Hoist.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this means hasbro will flip the script and make Bumblebee a Repaint/Retool of Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also speculated to be the new name for Ironfist/Fisitron.

It would be funny to me if they did a swerve and tried to reconcile Starscream and Jetfire exploring prehistoric earth with other stuff and gave him Nightscream’s bat mode. Or Ghost Starscream who was on earth millions of years ago with a jetmode. If you’re following G1 lore chronologically, Ghost Starscream from the future is the first Jetmode Starscream.

It’s PROBABLY just G1 style jet Starscream. But I’d love a ghost deco of that for my S3 shelf regardless.

Astrotrain does point to extras that are always accessories when relevant. My biggest concern here is how much shorter the trailer would be if you don’t do this as Commander class and try to keep Optimus in scale with Siege Optimus. Then again, might be doable IF you release Roller and his repair drone as separate releases.

Maybe he gets a shorter trailer. Roller as a Deluxe Weaponizer. And Apex as Voyager who turns into a trailer extension with repair bay.

You might say, “But then he’d have an extra set of wheels and a repair drone on the wrong side.” But not if Apex extends the section of the trailer closer to the hitch. A hitch-side extension with the repair drone works. You have it be a Godbomber styled robot who becomes the repair bay and has a trailer hitch on the bottom with a third mode as a hitch-side box that lengthens the trailer.

13. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I don’t wanna sound like a negative nancy or anything but I REALLY hope that the “Starscream Earth” isn’t real. The Tetra-jet mold is probably my favorite Transformers mold ever and I really wanna see Hasbro make more of the Seekers throughout the rest of the WFC trilogy as Tetrajets. I’ll be extremely sad if they come out and say “I know y’all loved the tetra-jets but forget that! Now we have F-15’s!” I just would rather have them show up after WFC is over. Everything else looks cool though

• Like Like x 4
  14. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

This coming from the same guy who was bitching about how the G1 cartoon gave Wheeljack eyes. I do hope you're trolling, cause if not, you're pathetic. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    You can come up with ways to make an A-10 and a Beetle be the same size for some reason. Or imagine them different sizes.

Imagination is the key to our hobby.

16. TFfangeek

TFfangeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we have all gasped at seeing a figure of Cliffjumper announced in a toy line before Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Yeah, I really want those three, and I don't care if they're deluxes and out of scale with all of the minibots we've gotten lately.

18. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Seriously? That happened?

19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Woot! Moar Micromasters!!! Ironworks, Hot Rod Patrol & Battle Patrol!!!

So like... you do know who Ironworks actually is, right?

That question is for anyone that mentioned Ironfist ITT.

No. I want my Minibots to change size when they transform into alt mode. I want them to be widdle Autobots in bot mode. I want mass-shifting to continue on until well after its haters die off.

Deal with it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Ironworks being a new name for Ironfist doesn't make any sense to me. Why rename Ironworks as Irontread if they can use his original name? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Ironworks as Ironworks and rename Ironfist as Irontread/Ironclad/Fisitron?

• Like Like x 5