New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Well, probably for the best since I’m critically low in collection space, but if this is any indication, it looks like I’ll be saving a ton of money this year...

Happy for people that want these, but what are essentially scaled-down, kind of cheapified Masterpieces have no place in my collection. Kind of reminds me of the upscaled legends toys at Walgreens.

• Like Like x 3
  2. merc g1

merc g1 Member

well said my friend "till all are one"

• Like Like x 3
  3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Desperate for Lawn League packs

News Credits:
    I just don't get the point of Grapple and Prime. Add a little somethin' somethin' new.

• Like Like x 4
  4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Spoon!

News Credits:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: 

"The releaved toys are as follows:
    • E7149 Micromaster Hotrod Patrol
    • E7150 Micormaster Military Patrol
    • E7157 Deluxe Ironworks
    • E7164 Voyager Grapple
    • E7166 Leader Optimus Prime with Trailer"

Pre-ordering as soon as they go up! :) 

I'm so weak. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    That's what these people always do. They don't really care about reality they just want to be constantly pandered to :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

The nightmare continues :p 

• Like Like x 1
  7. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Spoon!

News Credits:
    Marvel Comics Grapple created/built Omega Supreme on his own. They will display nicely together. :) 

You can never have to many Optimus Primes. :p 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Too true.
    So far the only interesting things in WFC are in the wave that's coming up around the holidays and Skyfire.
    I kind of retired from collecting with this line. Hopefully we'll get better things in WFC three.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'm glad I didn't get Siege Voyager OP. I dunno how I feel how the yellow eyes though. (Though I do have GUOP and I like that figure.)

10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A closer look at Prime reveals several Transformation steps removed, this is a whole new mold. The leg transformation and abdominal wheels are being replaced with a Matrix capartment and the fore wheels are going straight to the back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exhale.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

So... with the setting already moving to Earth after the first year, there won't be much source material for the pre-war setting of the comics. I guess that also means that the cartoon will quickly move to Earth, or maybe even skip the Cybertron setting entirely. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mccormicks

Mccormicks Autobot Ordnance

Hopefully the eventual Inferno retool of Grapple will get an Artfire redeco for Generations Selects.

• Like Like x 5
  14. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Spoon!

News Credits:
    That Prime with trailer makes me so happy! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    The conversation is coming up more often now about Hasbro's focus on G1. I'm among those who is bored of this despite thinking that these figures look fantastic. I've never owned G1 figures, so I'll buy this Optimus, but Hasbro really needs to take the franchise is a fresh direction, and even create new fiction using their toys as a driving force rather than relying on TV shows and comics. There's no reason why they can't reinterpret these characters through their toys just like they do with their shows.

While not that comparable, I find it troubling that many within the fanbase can criticize aspects of other TF media such as what's wrong with the movies, or what was wrong with TF Prime - one of the arguments ironically being how repetitive it was, and yet these same people will buy the same version of the same character that's 30 years old. I have no issue with G1 having a permanent, ongoing place in the toyline, but considering that G1 ended decades ago why is it the toyline for today? Why can't it coexist with fresh takes of the franchise that refreshes every 2-3 years? It really seems to me that it's the Japanese who dares to try something new considering the different ways they've interpreted characters over the years. How long has Hasbro kept Megatron a tank now? In the Unicron Trilogy he was a tank, a jet and a car and Optimus was 3 different kinds of trucks.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Desperate for Lawn League packs

News Credits:
    I don't mind having a jillion Optimus Primes, but they all should have something unique about them. With Siege everything was either A. Cybertronian alt modes or B. re-dos of toys that haven't had modern re-dos, like Apeface.

In the last ten years we've gotten MP Grapple and Solar Storm Grapple. Both of those are great Grapples, and Solar Storm Grapple managed to be a nice update to the character while also doing something new.

I dunno. I've been a (domestic) completist for 22 years now and this is the first time I'm seriously considering being pick-and-choosy about a domestic retail line. It seems like Hasbro is legitimately near-out of ideas. (Ironworks is awesome, though.) I mean if you like it that's cool I guess, but sometimes I think Hasbro could literally just re-release the same characters in the same designs every 2 or 3 years at slightly different scales and people would just continually eat them up.

Kinda bummed, honestly. This feels like Hasbro is just giving up and saying "Yep, we've only got collectors now. No real reason to aim at the kiddos anymore. So 84-86 all the way."

• Like Like x 3
  17. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

I think maybe we're reaching the straw that broke the camel's back on G1-accuracy.

I don't collect Masterpieces as they don't scale well with my CHUGs, but I can definitely see the argument. What is the point of a cartoon-accurate CHUG toy if there's cartoon-accurate Masterpieces? They're appealing to the same market.

I'm not fussed about show-accuracy as I just want something that looks good (vehicle modes that more-or-less look like something from Earth are a big plus) and I just want to collect certain characters. I've got my main cast of Decepticons, I've got (most) of my main Autobot guys. Now I'm just picking up the stragglers.

• Like Like x 3
  18. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    That Optimus looks great. No weird arm flaps. Both modes look clean. Weird he doesn't come with Roller. Grapple looks great, too.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. merc g1

merc g1 Member

people love to bitch all i heard when siege op was coming out is oh i dont like the top window things in vehicle mode or i dont like the arm kibble now that thats fixed they are bitching about another op there is no pleasing people. meanwhile if they dont want it no body is forcing them to buy it. cheers

• Like Like x 5
  20. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

everyone complaining about grapple yet we haven't had much with him, he had 2 other toys not including the orignal g1 toy, one a masterpiece which not many people would buy and the rts version that is 10 year old, optimus is one thing but grapple shouldn't be one of the one being nagged about having to many of them

• Like Like x 5