New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

I love that product description: "War for Cybertron has begun!.... Bots and Cons have LEFT Cybertron..." :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  2. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I’ve really enjoyed Siege but I’m gonna feel like a sucker if they end up redoing many of the same characters with earth modes now :/
    The Micromaster base figure is a cool idea, I don’t think Ironworks in particular looks amazing but I look forward to seeing how it’s pulled off in other figures.

3. Joburg Guy

Joburg Guy Occasional poster, serial lurker

Dammit, this looks like another year of buying all the toys. Thankfully I dont need this Prime so thatll3at least save a few bucks.

Hoping the new seeker mould isn\'t that gorgeous, cos that\'ll break my resolve over that. 

Loving what I\'m seeing so far!

4. Veleno

Veleno Solar Plexus Clown Gliders

Grapple is great and I love Ironworks, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Optimus.

5. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

So Prime is basically Siege Prime retooled with an Earth mode? I appreciate the more streamlined wrist design, and I'm all for a yellow-eyed Prime, but I didn't like that backpack the first time around, I'm not gonna like it this time. I do like the trailer though, not sure if that's worth the price of admission.

Ironworks is very grool. Happy to see them continue the weaponizer gimmick. And they're Micromaster Bases! Never thought I'd see those back.

And Grapple. Sexy, sexy Grapple. Hello beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Looking forward to earth mode Prowl and Barricade.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

How could it still be called War for Cybertron when the toys are based off Earth vehicles now?

8. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I liked the cards for POTP,TR,and CW. The blacklight code was neat so now we get puzzle pieces to a map of the Transformers Universe? O... k.

Better be a Cybertron version of bumbbee somewhere in this line but the earth in the title makes me think they may not after all. There also goes my long shot dream of another Scrounge,and Straxus

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Because the fight is still for Cybertron, they just need earth's resources for energy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SaiyanBot

SaiyanBot Well-Known Member

Definitely wanting that prime (and I do think it\'s a Seige re-mold) I avoided the Seige OP.  And I hope they release a megs to match.... I want replace CW megs...but I still love POTP Prime (a poor man\'s MP prime imo)

• Like Like x 1
  11. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I can’t say I’m surprised that they’re doing earth stuff. Hasbro, at least to me, completely half assed the “Cybertronian designs” concept in Siege so I had a feeling they were going to eventually abandon that concept so they could go back to rehashing full on G1.

These look good, but since they’re straight up G1, I’ll be able to resist them. My wallet has breathed a sigh of relief.

• Like Like x 3
  12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

So if this is a trilogy series that starts on Cybertron for the looks, then the war on Earth, what will the third series be based around? We already have past and present... So is Beast Wars for the future? Doubt it though

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I am ready for Sureshot and Pointblank!
    I am ready for Sureshot and Pointblank!

I can't believe what I'm reading here! People are complaining about people who are tired of Prime?
    You only got yourself to blame for wanting him over and over again and continually claiming every line needs him.
    It's completely natural that more and more people are getting tired of seeing the same old characters again and again.
    Now when are we getting a new Doubledealer toy? :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

Hey you jackasses still realize siege Optimus isn't worthless, now we have a pre earth and an earth Optimus so it balances out.

• Like Like x 4
  15. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

So what other Micromaster bases should we expect? There's a bunch to choose from. Airwave? Greasepit? Hot House? Yes please to all of those.

Megatron is gonna be an interesting case. I don't really see him adopting an Earth tank (though I might be wrong). Classically Megatron has usually been the sole character to keep his Cybertronian mode, even on Earth. I know that's not G1, but he really does seem like he's above "disguises".
    Having said that, I think Earth Rise would be the perfect opportunity to bring back his gun mode -- as a Battle Master.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

I hope they give us Dai atlas

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Leaked listings from a few days ago say grapple is a voyager

• Like Like x 4
  18. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

They're just gonna give megs a tank mode like always

• Like Like x 1
  19. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Damn now that you mentioned it, now I'm wondering if there'll be a cell shaded version of this Optimus coming eventually

• Like Like x 1
  20. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, this is what, the 3rd G1 Prime in 13-14 years? At least for me it is, at least ''original'' Prime. I've used the Classics one for quite a while now, I was still debating whether Siege Prime would replace Classics - now I can end that discussion. If anything will, it'll be this one.
    I'll still have Powermaster OP and God Ginrai and Fire Guts Ginrai for other representations. I never saw the need for POTP Prime, it never ''fit'' anywhere in my collection.

• Like Like x 3