New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Mishap

Mishap Well-Known Member

But Hasbro could use Fisitron.
    I'm going for a different take: since Ironworks was a Micromaster base, this will be the replacement for deluxe-sized Weaponizers in this line.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    At first glance I thought I saw Micromaster Hot Rod which would be great if it's a slightly bigger, more complex Micromaster that is complex enough to warrant $9.99 price point, eh maybe someday with a Titan Class Star Convoy

• Like Like x 1
  3. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Here comes our boy for that new toy release

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  4. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

If I ever have to read the words "take this with a grain of salt" again, I will throw a table at my phone. But I'm intrigued about what these guys will look like.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be neat if the leader Prime was g2 style, then we could get a proper Scourge/Nemesis. Or better yet, it's Machine Wars Prime, & we get Thunderclash.

It's a bit ridiculous that we are already getting an earth mode Starscream, just for the reason that it's taking up a Voyager spot that someone more deserving could get. But at the same time I can't get too upset, more money to use on someone else!

Wasn't expecting Cliffjumper off the bat, I figured he would end up being an exclusive of some sort. Also very interested in seeing how a minibot translates into Siege scale. Smaller with lots of accessories? Or standard deluxe size?

I'm most interested in Ironworks. If it's a bot that turns into a base, deluxe seems like it would be too small. I'm banking that he'll transform into a mobile weapons platform of some sort, which the micromasters can pilot. Which would be totally awesome.

• Like Like x 5
  6. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh god PLEASE be a new Earth Seeker mold.

• Like Like x 6
  7. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Earth Mode Starscream is probably going to be used for JUST TC, Skywarp , and the Coneheads seeing how the current design team is super anal ( Look at the lack of paint on the Rainmakers).

If they were technically in the cartoon and didn't have an Earth alt-mode, they aren't getting one. Sunstorm, though, can get away with it since Dreamwave. He has an Earth jet mode there, right?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Am I the only one around here that doesn't think the tetrajets are obsolete with the announcement of an earth mode seeker? They were in those forms in the first episode of the cartoon and the rainmakers were still in tetrajet forms in Divide and Conquer. I bought those toys to represent those appearances. Earth modes will compliment the tetrajets in my collection, not replace them.

• Like Like x 13
  9. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I hope these rumors are true and yes I know we have G1 Primes but I like to have a proper updated G1 Prime with trailer and the one from POTP wasn't really good looking and well I'm not talking about Masterpiece since that's a next level but a regular G1 Optimus with Trailer but everything else looks good and hopefully this so called Earth Starscream would be a proper F-15 since both the Classic and Masterpiece did very well.I know this all just rumors but hopefully this stuff is true.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Oof, another Starscream after all the Seeker repaints we just got would be a dick move. Hopefully it brings something different to the table if it does turn out to be real, maybe another Unicron Trilogy homage.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megatronus

Megatronus Decepticon

News Credits:
    The most exciting thing for me here is that Micromasters aren't going away. I will admit though that a dedicated classics Cliffjumper and a good (sorry POTP) voyager Earth-mode Starscream have been due for a long time, so those are nice to see here.

Also, I'll echo that Earth Starscream existing doesn't invalidate the Siege Seekers in any way. Siege Seekers go with other Cybertronian toys. Earth Starscream will go with other Earth-mode toys. It's a good thing to have multiple options to fit different collectors' wants and goals.

• Like Like x 9
  12. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the new Wheeljack will be that boxy Cybertronian van from the very first episode.

• Like Like x 7
  13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, I hope to God the new Starscream doesn't have a fake chest.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kind of bummed if we're getting earth modes, especially do overs again so soon, but really excited about wheeljack

• Like Like x 5
  15. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    E7166 Leader Optimus Prime with Trailer? :drool: Giggity, give it some decent paint for the love of Siege, please and TY.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    8 days till NYCC, maybe we will see this new Prime there?

And hopefully we see the new 2020 Commander that Catz has already seen

• Like Like x 2
  17. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    Wasn’t Irontread in the Micromaster pack supposed to be the actual Ironworks character? I think this could indeed be an Ironfist.

I’m happy that Earth Mode Seekers are coming. I only have Red Wing and Skywarp (got him for the Battlemasters), so if this means Coneheads are coming, I can wait to have the 6 “main” Seekers all with an earth mode, which I personally prefer.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Same--Earth style Starscream was what I wanted. I'm hoping they just do a straight-up F-15, but I'll take it somewhat stylized. Also hoping no fake parts (as I don't think that would be necessary this time), and he'll at least be bigger than his Classics self, so that's a plus.

And Cliffjumper...interests me. I still have the classics 'Bee repaint-into-Cliffjumper figure with a painted WFC Cliff head on it (clicks right onto the ball joint), with Toyworld Bii as my 'Bee. Don't know if I'd change him out (and if he's a really heavy Cybertronian mode, easier decision), but I like this idea. "Minibots" as deluxes in this line would be a buy for me on quite a few figures.

The rest are meh. Knowing how they'll be sized, I just can't get excited about them.

And you'll always need Cybertronian jets for those trips back to Cybertron from Earth, so some can exist even beyond specific collections. But yes--options are cool. Buy if you like, skip if you're happy with what you have.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I actually skipped the WFC Seekers so far in the hopes we'd see earth modes. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same figure with a different vehicle shell, since the entire jet mode was actually detachable from the robot mode on the WFC figure.

Jet modes can be hit or miss for mainline Transformers so I'm hoping this one is good.

• Like Like x 9
  20. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Maybe it's a Micromaster station at the deluxe price point???

• Like Like x 4