New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire IT'S A RIP-OFF!

News Credits:
    Earth Rise? Seriously? :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Also. What is it with Hasbro and fucking releasing things during Cons? "Let's pile out all of these preorders especially ones that will put holding charges on your accounts at the start of NYCC." Jesus Christ Hasbro, wait till after the damn conventions so we can assess the ruins of our wallets. Get your shit together.

3. starquantumstratos85

starquantumstratos85 Well-Known Member

I just noticed optimus has hand articulation 

• Like Like x 3
  4. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Lisas Presentation 01102019133048.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  5. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally understandable.

I guess I don't mind because I reprolabeled all the siege guys from the ARK I've picked up so far to make them look more earthy and covered any cybertronian markings and hid as much of the battle damage as possible.

But that was my personal preference based on how I have my collection set up.

6. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

so while i'm happy to see modular deluxe battle stations and improving the core figures of smaller leader classes, i too am bummed about redoing siege characters, i really want this engineering on characters like the predators or turbomasters

• Like Like x 2
  7. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    Earth Rise? Hmph.

• Like Like x 1
  8. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    if we had actually gotten cool, creative Cybertronian modes, I'd be 100% with you, (and have been a lot more pro-siege) but we didn't - for the most part we got Earth modes with some sci-fi crap awkwardly bolted on to make them look "Cybertronian"... was like a low budget 80s sci-fi movie. Optimus is a semi... with some tubes and lights strapped on... i think this was largely because of the adherence to the Sunbow look, so they were kinda painted into a corner with what the robot modes looked like, which are covered with Earth mode vehicle kibble.

aside from the Micromasters and Weaponizers, i have a hard time not largely viewing Seige as a total waste of a year.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

Optimus fits in his own trailer.

Waaaaaaaaaaannnnnntttttttt.

Also, I'm shocked Ironworks is straight up now the micromaster base by using the weaponized body concept. It's perfect. Absolutely perfect.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grapple: PERFECT. Hasbro, please make Inferno too so I can finally be absolved from the guilt of not picking up their Henkei/United versions.

Ironworks: Cool guy, might be a good addition to Metroplex or Fort Max as a repair station.

Optimus Prime: HE'S GOT A MATRIX!!! F*CKING FINALLY!!! A PRIME THAT TICKS ALL THE BOXES!!! AND A TRAILER!!! Sure the yellow eyes are odd but they can be painted over, and NO BATTLE DAMAGE!!!

P.S. I originally thought it was odd that Prime's window-chest had such a 'shelf' over his grill stomach, but if you look closely at the pic of him lying down on the Combat Deck there's a wide rectangular slot just under his window chest. I believe that might be there to allow the abdomen to slide forward and look natural (like TR Voyager Prime's crotch) and the current stock photo is merely slightly mistransformed.
    20191002_023258.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Which of their parts are the same...?

• Like Like x 1
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm breaking my self-imposed lurk rule to comment on this. When I'm done, I'll return to that.

This is mixed-bag news. On the one hand, these are the figures people have been wanting. On the other hand, Siege was more or less bullcrap and we all fell for it. I understand why some people are blisteringly angry, I also understand why some people are overjoyed. I'm in the middle, here. I'm really not happy that we all (myself included) just wasted $30.00 on Optimus for no real reason. Yes, some prefer the alien look, but let's face it, we all wanted a G1 Optimus and he came as close as possible. Now this? They kind of screwed us and we're lying to ourselves if we say otherwise.

Yes, yes, no one's forcing us to buy these, heard it a million times before, got it. It's still a load of crap that they're doing this and deep down even you know it, too. We all do.

I'm glad we're getting these figures, I really am, but this method of releasing figures as they do is why people like me are getting close to the end of collecting. We're tired of this. It's not even a YEAR and we're getting a new, arguably more accurate, Optimus Prime. That's asinine.

Now that they've blown their load, what will they do on the 40th? C'mon.

Well, I've said enough. I'll shut up now and return to my hermit cave.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought about it for 10 minutes. I'll get two of Ironworks and any other MM base. One for the dope base mode and one for the robot mode. Let's keep them coming!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Battle patrol? Pics of them?

15. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Earth Rise.........not a fan of that at all.

Grapple is a must. Looks pretty awesome.

Ironworks may be a pass. Might have to wait and see him in person before decided.

OP is tough one for me. On the one hand, he does look pretty nice. And I'd be remiss to say that trailer would make for some wonderful photographs. But I'm not sure it would fit in my display. And if I'm not gonna display it, I shouldn't get it. This is one I will sit and think about a good while before deciding.

The Universe map thing I'm not too thrilled about. Because I know damn well I'm going to want to complete it, but I'm not going to want every figure from this part of the trilogy.
    This may change my stance on Ironworks and Prime.

16. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    So if chapter 1 was Cybertron, and chapter 2 is Earth, but we're putting together a map of the universe... then perhaps the next chapter, the one where the map is completed, goes back out into space? Colony worlds, perhaps?

• Like Like x 4
  17. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Can't Fight This Feeling!

News Credits:
    Optimus looks amazing and I'm not even a G1 person. I find it hard to believe he's even a mainline release.

I wouldn't expect Siege Optimus to be around here very often anymore. He's been totally replaced and outclassed just like SS 05 with 32. Man what a shame, he looked great and would've been absolutely amazing if not for his bizzare Cybertronian-but-not-really alt-mode.. of which this guy's corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mike OptiMaus

Mike OptiMaus Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I\'m having weird feelings, on the one hand, prime and grapple both look wonderful but I\'m bumping into the fact that Prime is a retool, hits me strange...but WANT THAT TRAILER.  And yes agree with others, narratively this feels an odd time to switch to earth...  Very sudden and leaves me concerned about what kind of Wheelhack we\'ll get and I enjoy the seekers we got, getting a remold of seekers to boot?  

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nebulos?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    They are promising.

Grapple is perfect, ironworks looks fun as hell and Optimus is what we should have gotten since 10 years ago. (Plus, movable hand, yaaay)

• Like Like x 3
  21. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes!!!!!!!
    I'm sure someone said it already, but cue the Inferno repaint!

• Like Like x 1