New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they could get away with the mini bots like Cliffjumper in a 2 pack and perhaps he could have a packmate not listed. Or knowing this line, he comes with a giant cannon or something. Plus him before Bee, maybe due to the amount of BB merch still hanging around at some stores.

Also what if the Prime with trailer was earth mode? I think I remember Warden mentioning in an early Siege video or con interview that Optimus and Megatron would get multiple versions over the course of the trilogy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is some suspicion, thanks to it's non appearance since, that this might be something Takara showed early that they shouldn't have....

The complete lack of recognizable retooling points to it being an all new toy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Man if we get Armada Prime, Overload and Jetfire I will be one happy camper.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah it just takes time. Plus they’ve got other projects like King Poseidon and Super Megatron which we haven’t even seen yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, I'm a bit underwhelmed with this as the first wave of the new line. It's surprisingly conservative! I mean, Wheeljack, Hoist, and Grapple is great news and I'm VERY intrigued to see how they're going to handle WfC's first Minibot. Buit ANOTHER oPtimus and Starscream, who would - from what little signs we have - appear to be very '84-esque. Disappointing.

And hey! based on the holy scale chart, shouldn't Grapple be a tall Voyager?

Speaking only for myself, of course, I'm with @Yaujta and understand the frustration.

Siege gave us near definitive versions of the characters, at the very least in bot mode. There was a feeling that the likes of Shockwave, Springer, and -rather crucially- all three Seekers were 'done'. If, like me, you're trying to keep your toy displays manageable and not have multiple versions of characters clogging up your space finding out they're doing Optimus and Starscream again in 'earth modes' so soon is a total drag. It's almost like getting a piece of work you've handed in returned to you with copious corrections "what? I have to do this again?". If the new version is, in the eye of the beholder, more definitive than the last then yes, the three Seekers you've just spent all that money on are obsolete and you'll potentially be trying to offload them to a buyers market. Which isn't a lot of fun.

And it does feel exploitative, to me at least, to be getting these new versions so very soon. I'd certainly have expected something along these lines AFTER WfC, but in Chapter 2?

There's a residual frustration as well, in that this means there's less space in the line for other characters we'd be waiting on (hi @Windsweeper feeling your pain rather acutely today). If this is indeed how we get the Coneheads, then that's going to make them a seriously expensive set to complete, as Hasbro's habit seems to be to only use the mould twice at mainline retail and further uses wind up as expensive exclusives. And out of the 3-4 Leader slots ANOTHER G1 optimus is taking it up. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, and it'll be something innovative, or even a new take on Powermaster Optimus (which I'll still probably pass on, with mild annoyance, but at least it's not just the S1-2 character again with a new accessory)

I know a lot of people don't really get, but I do. And I commend you for your commitment to the character you've chosen to play (the giveaway being the name, of course; each post is indeed...an Aimless Misfire). The added touch of this parody of the idiotic, entitled, solipsistic fan calling out others for being stupid is utterly inspired. Keep it up. This sort of hyper self aware humour is refreshing in an forum that can so often lean towards the dour and witless!

What? What do you mean it's not a parody?

Christ!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  6. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Another reason that I suspect he’ll have the massive cannon from More Than Meets the Eye Part 2. Screw it I'm gonna call it.

7. Syndicator

Syndicator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    These sound pretty alright, glad to see the Micromasters will be staying for WFC 2. Hopefully the fact we got Spinister and Wheeljack in the end means Needlenose will get a figure before long.

As for that Prime with trailer, I can see it being a retool of the Siege voyager with an earth vehicle alt-mode, with the trailer potentially being armour for him, but more likely just a combat deck. I suppose it could be that Armada Prime, but if that comes west I imagine it’d be a Generations Selects thing/Hasbro Pulse exclusive.

edit: also, if we get a Generations Selects Pyro from the Grapple mold (or rather the inevitable retool into Inferno) I will be a very happy man.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe cliff comes with one of those u haul trailers crammed with guns lol.

• Like Like x 5
  9. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Could Prime with a trailer be a Machine Wars version, with an eventual Thunderclash repaint?

• Like Like x 10
  10. Fort Max

News Credits:
    That would be awesome. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  11. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Prime with trailer, maybe an Energon Optimus that can combine with Omega Supreme

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

So, NO BlitzWing? We got Astrotrain, Springer, and Apeface. But No BlitzWing.

13. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Can you say Galaxy Shuttle?

• Like Like x 6
  14. Fort Max

News Credits:
    As well as the speculation on what is here there are also some gaps, four numbers between the micros and cliff so that's most likely another micro set and three of whatever is replacing battlemasters for next year.
    There's also a single gap between the voyagers and leader prime so that's probably a second leader.
    That all matches then with the quantities we got for wave one of siege except that there is one more single number missing between the two voyagers, I doubt we'd ever get three voyagers in a single wave so I'm guessing that's a placeholder for a seeker repaint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

They had me at Hoist and Grapple. Now if they throw in a Huffer (Optimus retool Optimus retool Optimus retool*) then they might as well just hook that shit directly to my veins.

* since Cliffjumper's a Deluxe (show accuracy over toy accuracy I guess) then a big Huffer makes sense.
    Bonus points if he comes with a Hoist Titan Master/Micromaster/little guy so we can recreate this iconic scene:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  16. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IIRC many people felt similar about the first Siege wave, which at least had the introduction of Micromasters and Battlemasters going for it. Beyond Sixgun and Shockwave anything larger than that was pretty much what we'd had, all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    I'd love a Voyager-sized Armada Starscream. The T30 Deluxe was too small,IMO.
    Yes. I've been wanting Scout-sized Generations updates of Cliffjumper (with his own head) and Hubcap for years.
    Anything could happen,really. We live in a world where TR Powermaster Optimus was remolded from CW Ultra Magnus.

If these rumors are real, I want Cliffjumper, Wheeljack (Cybertronian mode from MTMTE Part 1,hopefully), and whatever "Ironworks" turns out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    See,...this listing could get interesting and yet even more awesome times 2. The thought of a Prime with a trailer,wheeljack and cliffjumper,Hoit,Grapple that's just awesome and cool.

19. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Oh my sweet summer child.
    I have 4 Hot Rods, 3 Bumblebees, 3 Starscreams, 2 Ultra Magni, and 2 Octopunches (that last one was a mix-up in my BBTS order, but it still counts) and a heck of a lot of Optimus Primes.

The addiction to this plastic crack will wear down your defenses eventually, and you will submit.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are never satisfied with with Classics seekers. First the deluxe was too small, then the leader was too big. We need a voyager, so they gave us the terrible PoTP design and then the decent Tetrajet design in Siege. I'd love a good earth-mode voyager, especially if he had both null rays and short bombs (and toss in Arkeville as a headmaster).

Cliffjumper could be interesting. I've said it before but WfC Trilogy updates to minibots should be a legends figure with a large accessory that integrates onto them. Bumblebee could be an earth car with a shell that makes his hovercraft mode, Huffer & Pipes could have trailers....

Hoist and Grapple should be fun. They haven't got the Trailbreaker/Hoist design quite perfect yet, if it gets a swap-able hand/welder for one arm that would be nice. RtS Grapple was pretty good but felt stubby in vehicle mode and this could set up a better Inferno (with wings around the head!).

Prime with a trailer... Since almost every Transformer is now packed in robot mode, this implies an Optimus with a "super" mode. Meaning possibly another try at Powermaster Optimus (with a cab that separates this time) or maybe that Armada Prime that Takara was working on that wound up shifted into the main line since it had too much development cost to be left as a Select type release when it could be sold to a broader audience.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 2
  21. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Oh, I certainly am!
    MPs for plane seekers, Siege for Cybertron jets. So happy. :) 
    I'm still fond of my Henkei seekers.