New 2020 Generations listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just seen the mercenary cards and looking at the art work the armored truck we were disappointed with....do you think it could be Octane?? TCG-W4M-003.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could be. That Octone/Octane design is very specifically different from every other design I've seen of him that my radar is pinging. In general regard to the five cards shown that have everyone speculating, I think Detritus and Mudflap both sharing designs w/extant figures makes them 50/50 to me (artist aped another character design for the card art vs artist knows the figure is coming and referenced the design). Lockdown, Deadlock, and Octane are all much more in the 30/70 range - those designs are specific and new.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you might be on to something here.

I’m hoping we still see some Cybertronian designs salted in with Earth modes from time to time. And then they showed these awesome cards when Earthrise was revealed. Detritus would’ve made a nice Generations Select and I’d buy that Mudflap if he was released as well. I don’t mind some of the Unicron Trilogy characters being salted in from time to time. If those unsubstantiated rumours about Generation Selects going to #20 are true, we hopefully will see some of these. Then there was that design I believe Guido Guidi did for a G1 Bulkhead based off Grapple’s mould. We saw what happened with Barricade.

8B3F2B7A-B0B9-44D7-9F44-49E468DEDBEA.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  4. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Wait, is there some speculation that Octane might be due for a new figure? Or am I just reading it wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the post about the mercs in the tcg they will appear in earthrise and the artwork on Octane looks more armoured truck than oil container so fits @catz teaser

But its purely speculative at this point

6. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    They were Ultra Magnus sized, with Swoop being the shortest at just over Optimus' height. They were big, but not that big.

The only reason I personally proposed a Commander Grimlock was not to make him larger than the others, but to give Hasbro a chance to update his Pretender shell, which I would imagine would make up for the price.

That's honestly the only way I could accept a Bulkhead that's that small.

• Like Like x 1
  7. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe Catz specifically said the armored leader was someone not yet covered by 3P, so that completely rules out Octane (a pity though as that TCG jet mode is excellent).

I am putting my bets on Doubledealer.

ps: I have no idea which thread I am, I can’t keep track anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah nuts :( 

9. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Where is this Catz teaser? Because now I'm curious...

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he said it didn’t have a 3P that he knew of and at first he didn’t realize it had an official update, but later said there was but it wasn’t very good. I thought the TR Octane was pretty good...

Doubledealer would still fit AND he’s a mercenary... since that’s going to be a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The lockdown art is based on the existing figure from the Hunt for the Decepticons line, I have it here in fact.
    15703088250539175524645237282570.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They should!

13. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Oh man that design is wonderful. Really fits the character AND it could easily be done as a retool of Grapple! Hope we get that, it would be really nice to have a G1-ish representation of Bulkhead in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    That's a fan-made design, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

I mean, so were Guido Guidi's designs for G1-style Barricade and Drift. He didn't do those as official art, he did it as a fan. It's purely because of the Barricade one's popularity that it was later used as the basis for an official Generations G1-style Barricade.

16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    And his drift design has been used in cyberverse

17. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Yes, but Guidi is a professional artist who has a working relationship with Hasbro, not a random fan artist on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry for the super late reply - i get what you mean about Hasbro going around in “circles” because that’s my opinion of them too! Its their selling tactic! They will always stop short of giving us a perfect version of a character in the mainline! LOL!

I mean look at Earthrise Optimus. Give him blue eyes, blue fists and a mini roller and he will be perfect with for me at least!

Sorry Hasbro, I don’t buy the mold excuse with regards to the fists.

You got the name of the original Gundam right..its model designation is the RX-78-2...in the “remake” aka Gundam Origins, its known as the RX-78-02!

Very good point on Gundam Wing and Seed too! However the circumstances are abit different IMO.

Wing’s popularity in the West is mainly due to it being the first Gundam series that was introduced to that part of the world - especially the US.

Seed...actually re-ignited interest in the Gundam franchise.

Coming from Asia, i recall after the Gundam series took a major hit after in the late 80s to 90s (my bad as i can’t recall the exact time frame)...until Seed came along.

Relying on nostalgia isnt just limited to TFs and Gundam...I think other franchises like Kamen Riders and Ultraman are doing it too. However, it seems that the above two have been more successful in creating new “faces”?

Tbh i can understand the burnout for 1984-1985 TFs. I mean in Siege we got 2 pretty good versions of Prime.

But IMO if Hasbro hadn’t “milk” us and gave us proper updates in previous years like they did in the first few years of CHUG, we won’t be in this situation.

However, I must acknowledge that in recent times, they have gave us definitive (IMO) version of certain characters. Example, Metroplex, Skyfire (Siege) etc.

But IMO, they drop the ball on some releases. Example, Tryticon being too short, Omega, Devastator and Predaking being Titan Class.

I actually like what I saw at NYCC where one of the Hasbro reps mentioned that for the last few years, they have been trying to Titan class figures a yearly thing...just like they did with Star Wars.

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    What was "disappointing" about Octone? His name was wrong? He had a headmaster? And I'm not sure people would be all that pleased with an Octone with those altmodes. It goes against the designs they've been going with for Siege. You wouldn't get a second Astrotrain, a new Springer, and then suddenly *this.*

Also, that's not an "armored truck." That's a tanker.

20. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing is disappointing. Im purely clutching at straws tbh.

It looks more armored than a tanker but thats my opinion. Chill dude

• Like Like x 1