New ‘Hasbro Stories’ Campaign Celebrates Personal Connections to Hasbro’s Iconic Brands

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Feb 8, 2017.

1. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Hmm....

I'll see if I have any stories worth telling

3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    "I bought toys. They were awesome. The end."

• Like Like x 6
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I hope we get some info on hashcon and any club and exclusive toys and fiction at NY toyfair.

6. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I wonder if we will hear any of the factory worker stories? Like from a few years ago?

Maybe we will hear from Don. He can tell about how much he loved his Megatron design being used without permission or compensation.

These things are nice, but they are phony at the same time. It needs stated.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I just want to say again that Hascon sounds like a terrible idea... lazy, for one, if nothing else.

If they're dead set on being an entertainment powerhouse, then they need to bust ass and make several conventions,
    one for TF, one for pony weirdos, one for all that other 80's junk people barely remember...

None of this lumping stuff together. Anyway, these stories... I can see it now, some emotional backdrop for
    Brian Goldner to trot out and talk about "engagement" and "lovemarks" and other marketing terms lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

So does this mean we\'re gonna get more movies like Battleship?  I\'m sure we\'ll have people standing in lines around the block for Twister: The Game movie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Interesting. Any indication of how or where we send in our stories? 

10. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Pretty sure I've seen Twister: the game movie.
    .. Tho that may have been an instructional yoga video. I can't be sure.

Also, if they DO make it, and it doesn't star Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt, the world has gone mad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I'm willing to share some info and I'm interested in how this will play out.

12. Daggor

Daggor Well-Known Member

A nice idea, but I suspect we\'ll just see all of the \"superfans\" we usually see populate this promotion.

13. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    And by that, you mean that Hasbro can and will warp whatever is submitted into some absurd fairy tale about how great the God Hasbro truly is. :banghead: 

I have so many problems with this seemingly warm and fuzzy idea:

1) No compensation? Not even a prize pack or something? Come on, billion-dollar-revenue corporation!

2) Hasbro marketing is already notorious for warping unpleasant facts into amazing victories (i.e. "we did double digit growth in TFs over last year!!! WOW!!!" Except that 2015 was a really bad year for TFs, so that's an incredibly silly comparison - almost as silly as their 2015 stockholder report that claimed 2015 was an amazing year for Hasbro... compared to 2005!!! :lol )

3) A "comment submission" box is nothing more than pillow talk that need not materialize into anything relevant. Hasbro can do this and claim brownie points, but the end result may be the exact same as NOT doing this comment box. :rolleyes2  So more marketing BS to shareholders, and we see the company running the exact same course: the same products, the same distribution problems, the same out-of-touch-with-our-actual-customers scenario.

In other words, you should NOT trust any initiative by Hasbro, as these have proven to be so much fluff in the past.

I want to see how Generations toys are selling, compared to the other lines, and I want to see Hasbro acknowledge the Generations line. Cause when TF5 comes out in theaters, the shelves will be flush with product, and that's an obnoxious middle finger to the real fans that have supported this company and have kept the TF brand afloat during the non-movie years. I refuse to ignore the situation here, and favoritism toward movie product is starting to get really old. Even Rescue Bots get product on shelves faster than Generations. Which leads me to conclude that Generations must be their poorest-selling merchandise... or I would conclude that, if not for the fact that they keep making more and more toys for it.