Nevada Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by code blue, Dec 28, 2003.

1. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They had both at the comic book store in Meadows mall last I was there. For around $7.99 each. But haven't seen them at regular retail yet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Not bad. I'll have to check this week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Grabbed the last Singe from the Meadows comic shop. There were no Rungs, so some lucky so and so got him first.

• Like Like x 1
  4. analogue

News Credits:
    Well, 1-1 is better than 0-2. I'll keep my eye out for a Rung for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Oh yeah! Definitely not complaining about the tip! Wanted to make sure that nobody else was going looking for a rung

• Like Like x 1
  6. analogue

News Credits:
    No worries, I'm just glad at least one was there.

FYI for all: There have been lots of Cyberverse Sharkticons at the last few Targets I have been too, they are located on an endcap, so they aren't in the regular Transformers section.

7. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Been looking out for Rung and Singe but I'm not convinced Decatur Walmart even carries Battle Masters. I've yet to see any the past 6 months. Any leads?

8. analogue

News Credits:
    I think it’s been reported that Walmart isn’t carrying the battle masters at all. You’ll need to check Targets, and I haven’t seen either of those yet, except at the comic store in Meadows mall.

May be easier to grab those online.

9. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I haven’t seen Battle Masters or Micro Masters at Walmart since wave 1 and they were clearanced shortly after they appeared. I’m looking for tue Rung and Ratbat sets as well and all the Targets near me restocked wave 1 and 2 recently so I’m likely going to have to try and track them down online at some point now. I like Target, but its sad that’s only our only consistent option now.

10. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Based on what I've have been able to tell, analog tends to find some new releases on the Northside. I have noted that the Target on 5th Street up north tends to get regular stock of new things. After that it is usually Boca Park, then sometime much later I usually see them on the flamingo Target on the west side. I have found the rat bats and new micromasters at Boca before. Did not know anybody was looking for them. As far as singe and rung are concerned, analog was able to find both figures at the comic book store in the Meadows Mall. Funnily enough, the actual toy store in The Meadows Mall never seem to have anything and when it does it is a much worse markup than the comic store for some reason. That said by the time I got down there they were out of rung. Based on my conversation with the young lady working there, it does not look like they are getting any restock anytime soon for Siege figures. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bubbah

News Credits:
    Thanks for the recap, thats about what I was feeling too. Haven’t been to Boca in a while since it normally gets cleared out pretty quick. Flamingo/Grand Canyon I was just at last week and they had 4 or 5 pegs of wave 1 and 2, same as Spring Mtn/Rainbow unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  12. analogue

News Credits:
    As @ProtectronPrime said, I get pretty lucky with the Target/Walmart’s in my area. If anyone’s looking for something specific, just let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Same here. I'll grab whatever if I see it for anyone. This is a rough town for collectors due to limited inventory and we have to compete with scalpers.

Also if people are looking to split costs on the Cyberverse BAF release and/or trade or buy 3p figs locally let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bubbah

News Credits:
    Appreciate it guys. And same here, My luck goes on spurts so I’ll happily help if I come across anything someone is looking for.

And completely agree on this being a rough town. Scalpers seem to have gone through the roof lately. It’s actually taken the fun out of store hunting. Luckily Pulse has been really good with most mainline figs minus the smaller guys.

15. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    I think it's because there are more indie stores now. The meadows mall now has two indie shops, Rogue Toys has 2 locations in town and there's at least 2-3 eBay douchebags that I've seen personally, not to mention the 2-3 other "collector shops" I've seen floating around that seem to all have stock less than 3 years old.

Anyways I'm after rung. Not bothering with the studio series or earthrise guys much any more because Amazon has pretty competitive pricing and release dates that beat the stores by a few weeks at least.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Found 2 Cyberverse Quintesson sets in Boca Target.

Nothing new Siege or SS related.

• Like Like x 1
  17. analogue

News Credits:
    Walmart at 6464 N Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89131 has a line G1 Astrotrain. The box is smashed, so not worth it unless you only care about the figure. Mostly just a heads up that they are hitting the stores here in Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Checked the Target site today and it's indicating there are no more Rungs in Vegas. That said, there's at least one ebay seller in Japan selling him for under $15 FWIW.

19. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Wouldn't it be best to wait for the reissue of him that's coming?

20. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Probably. There's been approximately just under a half dozen figures I never got to see in the wild since the advent of Thrilling 30. I don't have much time for store hunting, so the best bet for me would be to actually wait until some e-tailer lists it. That said, if you fall asleep at the trigger you can miss out there, too (happened with the Gen. Selects Seacons for a lot of people, for example).

So for people that don't feel like waiting and don't want to waste any more gas wandering around the Targets in the area in hopes of grabbing a guy that is likely being aggressively snatched up by scalpers and/or lucky collectors and can't be arsed to wait for the next line of releases which again are likely going to be aggressively snatched up by scalpers and/or lucky collectors, there's one guy in Japan selling it for $15.

It's an option that the Nevada community might want to know about even if nobody actually exercises it.

• Like Like x 1