Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

203 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No!

68 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

83 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

60 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

29 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Just finished, I loved it.

(besides the lack luster, forgettable character voices; I posted about this in the other thread)

Anyway....so who is the spoiler character coming in the Walmart box?

• Like Like x 3
  2. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you about the sun bow cartoon and that’s why I qualified it as basic premise. Of course no one in their right mind would copy a poorly executed children’s cartoon (toy commercial) exactly. That’s also why I compared it to the film braveheart, the basic conflict of the average man against oppression. Take the fundamental concept and make an actual working story around it.

To a western audience a dockworker is a much better starting place than a policeman or librarian. Your take on the dockworker is pretty shallow. The librarian is solitary, shows no strength and leads no one. The police, besides the current division surrounding the job, is part of the government apparatus and can have undertones of power lust. Dockworkers do an important job with no glamour, work hard, exhibit strength and can easily shown to be respected by their peers. More people can identify and relate with the dockworker than the other two.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Just watched the whole series back to back. My thoughts:

• We waited a year and a half for six episodes? Two hours of TV? That's what we waited for?
    • The characters were all pretty flat. I didn't feel any attachment to any of them. They just felt like props for Optimus and Megatron to react to. They had no real agency of their own, unlike other "mature" TF shows like Prime and Beast Wars, where the characters felt like... well, characters.
    • The only characters with any depth were Ultra Magnus, who died halfway through, and Jetfire, whose whole reason for defecting was "I don't want this genocidal madman I work for to commit genocide". We never saw Megatron's young, idealistic side. All we saw was him as a genocidal madman, so Jetfire's reasoning feels flimsy.
    • Judging this as the "mature" TF show it's marketed as, I appreciated that the conflict was basically between "enslave Cybertron" and "destroy Cybertron". Except that decision didn't weigh on Optimus at all. For a mature war story, you'd think they'd delve a LITTLE into the psychological ramifications of such a decision. But nope, Optimus' whole decision was "Megatron bad. Megatron not get Allspark. To hell with the consequences". BLEH.
    • Why was it necessary to say Soundblaster was a failed clone? We've SEEN the same body-type get reused in this show multiple times. Hell, not ONCE did anybody think, "hey how come there's two Impactors guarding Soundblaster's black market?" We KNOW he's not Soundwave, we're not idiots.
    • The Sparkless zombies were totally pointless. So, the thing that gives Transformers their Sparks is guarded by things without Sparks, which have no reason to be moving about without Sparks?
    • If they have a spaceship that they're trying to launch, why did they need to divert Energon to power up the Spacebridge? They got the Ark in the air, so why not just fly away in that? It's redundant.
    • What was the point of the Alpha Trion protocols, exactly? Bee didn't DO anything with that knowledge, and then that knowledge was taken away from him.
    • Ironhide's voice actor was too young. WAYYYYYY too young.
    • WHAT was the point of the Ultra Magnus """"spoiler"""" toy? Rung wasn't in the show at all (no Battlemasters were).
    • I liked the art direction. The highways reminded me of the Fall of Cybertron/War for Cybertron games by High Moon, and the Decepticon base reminded me of the Nemesis from Transformers Prime. Those were nice touches.
    All in all, I wasn't a fan.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    That was actually addressed. They needed the Space Bridge because the Ark would be shot down before it could get out of orbit.

I think the only purpose they served was to give the Autobots the location of the Allspark and then be written out straight away.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I personally can't take his take on Optimus seriously, his performances as Shockwave and Soundwave were great in Bumblebee. They should have used him in the show.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Well, the quality aside, the point is, there are actual people on this forums that have actually been in Transformers. We have lots of active members. Saying that we're all bitching on a bunch of forums, while not creating anything, really does say a lot about how little a person actually knows about this forum.

Not like 'you're not in the industry, so don't bitch' is any kind of real argument, anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kwanzaabot

So then why did they need the Ark? One or the other, both is unnecessary.

8. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

Instagram:
    I'm really liking the Decepticons, now that I'm rewatching it. The gag of Barricade getting bullied by Megatron is great. I love how they made Megatron a great public speaker, able to rile people up over nothing. I really like the fact the Starscream hasn't gone fully snivelly traitor yet. The look on his face when
    Skywarp dies in his arms is so full of emotion
    . And his ambitions start small, with just wanting to be leader of the seekers, you can tell he cares about what happens to his comrades

• Like Like x 1
  9. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I guess so that they're not stranded on the other side?

• Like Like x 1
  10. kwanzaabot

Presumably they don't want to come back to Cybertron. They're being actively hunted down by Megatron for inciting rebellion.
    Most refugees don't try to go back to certain death if they can help it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Yeah, but they also don't want to be floating around in space with no spaceship. For all we're told the Space Bridge is just a blind jump into the middle of space and there's no indication that it specifically dropped them off on another planet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skyfire98

Skyfire98 You can’t beat the original!

Alright thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand the gripes made about the show. As earlier pointed out in my earlier post, the inconsistent voice acting and the dragging of the series’ pace in the first 3 episodes.

This show also falls short to other TFs show but IMO its a step towards a more serious show. The writers need to find a balance like say, in Beast Wars. Where there are moments of heroism and comedy.

Personally, I don’t find Omega Supreme to be a deus ex machina as compared to other shows. The writers could have easily written Optimus’ escape. But they chose to use Omega to “show-off” his power.

I also didn’t like how Ultra Magnus’ character was handled...if he is to be KO...at least let him have some bad ass moments, fighting someone...after watching the show, I doubt his figure would be appealing. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Skyfire98

Skyfire98 You can’t beat the original!

So what was the ending about? Anyone care to explain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Yeah, too bad we know absolutely nothing about Skywarp beyond being another generic seeker for it to mean anything.

• Like Like x 2
  16. xd Accrocate

Instagram:
    Judging from Starscream's face, probably someone important. Even if we don't know much about him, it's still incredible how much they manage to convey.

17. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I can't say I really noticed any emotion on Starscream... and his actions further in the episode seemed to suggest that his feelings towards it was mostly "Goodie-gumdrops! Finally a reason to displace Jetfire!".

• Like Like x 9
  18. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    I just rewatched that scene.
    Starscreams literal expression is this but with lips. No exaggeration, and another example as to why the art style has its flaws.
    300px-Surprised_Pikachu.jpg
    I'd love to add a screenshot but Netflix won't let me.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

I just assumed the other Seekers were clones of Starscream since they (or at least Skywarp) also sounded like Starscream. Although that could just be because all the generic Decepticons sounded so samey.

20. xd Accrocate

Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot (271).png

• Like Like x 3