Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

36 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No!

9 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime wars cartoons aren’t bad as long as you go in to it understanding that it was intended to be a quick distraction type of thing and was distributed for free

• Like Like x 4
  2. Metro Prime

Metro Prime Going the Distance

I found Prime Wars to be agitating as a fan. The episodes were too short (web series suck) and even still it felt like 2 minutes of story stretched out to 11.

I found myself skipping weeks just so I could at least watch a good run of it at a time.

The entire series felt like an unfinished product. Like it was supposed to be much more, but was left incomplete and raw.

I'm sincerely hoping the new WFC series on Netflix will get the Voltron treatment. That show was beyond excellent and left me continually wanting more, for it to continue for years to come.

I really hope Hasbro is paying attention. Give us an excellent toy line (Siege) coupled with an excellent cartoon series and a serious cinematic universe update (Bumblebee) and we will buy it up in spades.

• Like Like x 7
  3. matthew pess

matthew pess DabVader

Ok
    So i have a theory as to why only 6 episodes, now hear me out, remember when transformers first came out it was just a 3 part miniseries then became a full series very quickly so i think this will be like that and if well received it will get 45-60 episodes just like g-1

4. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt it’s got anything to do with homage to G1, but the idea that this is potentially a test run for more episodes is absolutely correct. I think it would have to be extraordinarily successful to yield 45-60 episodes though. That’s be remarkable.

• Like Like x 2
  5. matthew pess

matthew pess DabVader

No I wasn’t saying homage or anything like that maybe if they play it right they could potentially set it up as a direct prequel to g1 (but I doubt that highly), i was just insinuating that it was a trial run and that g1 was that many episodes, but I do think this will be a prelude to the main series tho

• Like Like x 2
  6. Superhans

News Credits:
    That’d be great. With enough viewers, there’s no reason why we couldn’t have 2-3 spinoffs and maybe even a couple of shows running concurrently. The key words being “enough viewers,” which is why I’m suggesting that everyone here watch the show (A) immediately; (B) start to finish; and (C) multiple times. That, plus social media buzz, is what Netflix looks at.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Fresh Marvel G1 Fan

I'll do my part and make sure my friends all watch! Lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. Superhans

News Credits:
    That’s the key! Also gotta get those Bird Box type memes trending.

• Like Like x 1
  9. matthew pess

matthew pess DabVader

I don’t think that the social media buzz is a problem so far with all the positive word of mouth the toys are getting for the most part, But I do gotta say being a year out from the initial waves may be an issue with people who see the show and go looking for wave 1-2 maybe even 3 might not be able to find them easily

10. Superhans

News Credits:
    That’s absolutely going to be an issue. On the social media, I think it’s fair to say that it’ll see a lot of buzz within the fan community (although it’s impossible that everyone will love it and history has demonstrated that some will hate it). The question is whether it penetrates outside of the TF fan community to people who love, say, Stranger Things, or Black Mirror, or the anime stuff or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

Interested at the moment but I'll need to some designs and other info before I get optimistic or cautious on it.

Have wanted a TF Netflix series for a while but don't want this to be a monkey's paw.

• Like Like x 2
  12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I mean, this kind of thing is always hope for the the best, be ready for the worst.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Superhans

News Credits:
    We’ll probably see an initial trailer or similar late summer/early fall. SDCC might be too soon but maybe NY. I think it’ll debut first quarter 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  14. matthew pess

matthew pess DabVader

It most definitely be first q2020

I just hope hasbro doesn’t pull the plug because toys didn’t get a immediate boost (but idk why they didn’t have this in pre production a year ago so it would coincide with the toyline is beyond me)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Active Member

I want to have hope, but the minute the initial news release said that the showrunner and members of the writers' room are the guys who had their fingerprints all over the Prime Wars trilogy. That fills me with something that is distinctly not hope and positivity.

16. matthew pess

matthew pess DabVader

I hear you but machinma was already shuttering its doors and didn’t really care that much but on the other hand rooster teeth is cutting its teeth and doesn’t want a stain this early in there career and have been fairly consistent in there quality of shows like rwby and genlock

• Like Like x 1
  17. Liege Nemesis

True, except the biggest flaw I found in the PWT shows was its writing, and that's the thing that's a constant between there and this new trilogy. They can fix the production design, animation, voice cast, and other issues with the earlier series, but if it's the same people writing this batch of shows that wrote the last batch, they're already starting from a position of weakness.

18. matthew pess

matthew pess DabVader

I hear you but from what I’ve seen and heard its the animation side that’s moved over to this not the writing staff from what I know they went away with machinima

19. Blackout32

Blackout32 Anthrax - Persistence of Time

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes. So when it comes out can ANYONE contact me and let me know. I'll have too sign up and get a month of Netflix to watch it then cancel it after i finish watching it.

20. Liege Nemesis

Transformers Origin Story Coming to Netflix as Animated Series in 2020

relevant from that story:

Not listed in that quote is that Krstic was one of the co-writers for Combiner Wars with DeSanto and two others. Also for as much as you can trust tfwiki, they currently list that DeSanto will be a co-writer for this series in addition to being the showrunner (it's not listed in the quote, but he co-wrote all 3 Prime Wars series).

• Like Like x 1