Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

138 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    There isn't a season 4, there might be a sequel sho but that's it.

2. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Whatever the reasons are, that created the WFC trilogy, glad they did it. Whether its to test the waters or some other reasons. Netflix is shooting for different series' left and right, so I hope fans backed this so there is more Transformers animation coming to complain, praise and everything in between. Hopefully a more developed and longer episodes maybe 45mins to an hour if the WFC Trilogy had great ratings. So put that thumbs up ratings for TF in NFLX to help the fandom.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Legacy could theoretically continue the storyline of WFC. We will have to see I guess.

4. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Well-Known Member

God I'm still mad at how pointless elitas subplot was, like FUCK that was the only semi good part of this trilogy, but I did like the romance between prime and elita, and they haven't done that subplot since like animated I think

• Like Like x 5
  5. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    You might've gotten him mixed up with Campbell Lane, Rampage's VA. He passed away in 2014. No worries, just felt that needed clearing up, seeing as I hadn't seen any news of the sort.

Linsay Rousseau deserved a better show.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    In my country they cut out from the entire scene from episode 5 where Blackarachnia and Airazor escape from the exploding ship. Like it flat-out was not there

Homophobic censorship strikes again lmao

• Like Like x 4
  7. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

I wonder the “kiss” scene is a reference of Airazor’s Japanese Dub.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    He already voiced Optimus previously in Cyberverse, and was actually pretty good in that show. His abysmal performance in the Netflix trilogy is entirely to blame on this series' terrible voice direction.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace UN-LIM-IT-TED POWER

Slaughter the unbelievers thusly

10. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I agree. Todaro was one of the few good voice actors on the show who did a good job. I prefer him as the voice of Starscream honestly.

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

It's kind of ironic, I do consider myself as someone who sees the WFC trilogy as sort of a "loveletter" to fans of both the original cartoon and Beast Wars. Yet, as a fan of both of those shows, I found either of their worst episodes to be far more entertaining than this series did.

Like I said in the Masters of the Universe Revelation thread, I appreciate the effort. But I'll stick with the 2002 MYP He-Man series, as well as Transformers Prime, if I want to re-watch a version of either franchise.

• Like Like x 7
  12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Completed Kingdom while the family was out and tbh I preferred it more than the first 2 trilogies…maybe because there was more action or my expectations were really low! LOL!

The VAs choices were “off” again…especially for BW Megs…he sounded too young.

Liked the scene where Rhinox gored Megatron…reminded me of the the Marvel G1 comics (issue 25?) when Headstrong did the same to Megatron.

Sad to see the deaths when the Autobots returned back home, surprised that Airrazor’s moment with Spider lady wasn’t cut in my country too.

Tbh I can’t fault the producers for not er, following up on certain elements of the old shows (BW included)…the lack of time, budget etc. But they did get most of gist IMO.

I’m just grateful we got a new Transformers series and we got to see the faves from G1 & BW mythology.

I’m very thankful there was “no bait or switch” tactics which “another” franchise suffered (tbf the remaining episodes haven’t been aired yet) and for that I’m thankful.

My kids will enjoy this series because they get to see Optimus, Megs, G1 TFs, BW TF…I’ll been watching the G1 and BW series with them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

You know, that's probably the closest to my own view. I wasn't a fan of the latest MotU series because of the huge changes to established character's personalities. I mean, I get that it was trying to be more 'adult', but they made a lot of the central characters unlikeable and the 2002 version was infinitely better on every level (more mature, better characterisation, overarching narrative). Still, it's a modern masterpiece compared to these three Transformers series. They're so bad; I only finished out of morbid curiosity. I only watched TF:p rime for the first time last year (maybe the year before) and had to return to it for a palette cleanser after WfC...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  14. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Finished Kingdom, quick review of the whole trilogy
    PROS:
    -Queer Blackarachnia YASSSSSSSSSS QUEEEN, great character, great personality and unlike most BW characters, actually had an impact in the whole Kingdom story
    -Good designs, I love the style and how they look with the kibble and all
    -Starscream, again just a great character and for me the definitive version of Starscream, especially at the end
    -Fanboy Megs is a refreshing version of BW Megs, I like it too
    -Dinobot is a good homage to OG Dinobot
    -Elita One was amazing on Siege but...
    here we go, CONS:
    -everything, starting with Elita, how wasted this character was and she was easily the best character in Siege, her whole subplot is meaningless
    -all deaths from Siege to Kingdom are dumb, starting with Skywarp and ending with Elita, all of them are dumb, moonracer, Ultra Magnus, Jetfire, etc, etc, Elita being dead or alive doesn't change anything, only Cog and Dinobot's deaths were part of the main plot
    -All Maximals and Predacons are background characters
    -Nemesis Prime was meant to be the final boss or something since ER or what? he just shows up, he's beaten and gets killed, Galvatron too, but somehow they're alive, they're eaten, their subplot doesn't make sense at all
    -the whole saga is bad we cannot lie to ourselves, a good idea, bad execution, they needed at least 12 episodes per season, 6 episodes per season for a story like WFC is just a bad joke I don't know what they were thinking or expecting, and unlike many others I don't blame writers, voice actors or the animation studio, the total lack of direction and love towards the franchise killed this trilogy, I don't know if Hasbro or Netflix did it, but they just cared about less episodes and more Prime and Megs every episode
    poor fembots will have a hard work lol, but I still cannot understand that ending "ok we stop fighting, you go South we go North see ya soon when Unicron comes to kill us"

• Like Like x 3
  15. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Cobra Kaitron

Why did they build giant statues of Cog and Reflector before doing anything else? Shouldn't they use their limited resources to repair shelter, power, and communications. And maybe sort things out with Megatron before building the statues?

• Like Like x 6
  16. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant even remember if he did anything to begin with. I thought he died twice in Siege :lol .

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mawwiage.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I definitely thought the 1st two parts were much better. Kingdom seems like a poor attempt to throw in as many BWs characters they can for no reason. Well I suppose there's a reason, to push the toys.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't remember Cyberverse having character development, at least nothing worth writing home about.
    Because he had the emotional range of a brick in that show. Not much you can do with that. He finally got to emote more in WFC and he sounded like a youtube fan-made stop motion video from 2008 made by a 12 year old.
    I wouldn't say "problematic" but more LGBT representation is definitely needed. I don't think remaking films or shows and making certain characters LGBT is the solution unless there was already some basis in the original characters for it.
    That being said, WTF is that article talking about saying Blackarachnia and Airazor had a "hauntingly beautiful" romance?
    Like, honey, there was more chemistry between the showrunner and good writing, it was non-existent. Whoever wrote that article clearly didn't see the show.
    He doesn't want to.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    On episode 3 and Optimus goes "we will contenue" rofl

It's better than the first two series so far. So far. Maybe it's just cause I know what to expect now lmao.

Edit: wasn't too bad. Good enough to make me wanna buy Airazor, Dinobot, Blackarachnia and The Ark.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021