Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No!

111 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

138 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finished Kingdom and what a slog.
    Netflix needs to fire that director!
    When one VA talks...all....the....time....like....this it's an artistic choice of the actor but holy s#[email protected] they were all doing it. Which only tells me that the director is making the choice.
    "Okay, now in this scene I want everyone to talk slower."
    "No slower."
    "Slower still."
    What a mess!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wiseguy6316

Wiseguy6316 TFW2005 Supporter

The ending was so bad. So Megatron and BW Megatron both survived despite killing several main Autobot characters and Unicron isn't tied up. What a terrible instalment, possibly the worst in the Trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

I did like how the Beast Modes were handled and that the Maximals and Predacons actually transformed compared to the G1 cast.

4. DinobotPrime

DinobotPrime Well-Known Member

So I’ve enjoyed the whole WFC series for the most part, but I enjoy most of the shows and movies I watch. I think this one is my favorite. It’s not in my S tier of shows but it’s probably a low A. I think an A- is about right. I enjoyed most of the show. I will say that surprisingly Kingdom Beast Megatron kinda grew on me. This isn’t BW Megs. He’s not good enough for that. I actually like him just in the show, if I ignore all other portrayals of him. Dinobot continues to be my favorite character besides Optimus, and while not as good as Code of Hero, I thought his sacrifice was pretty well done honestly. I might be in the minority on this site but with all the talk of armada and prime being in the next toy line, I wouldn’t mind if the next show fleshes out the all sparks multiverse line, tying in the armada and prime inspired characters and the WFC characters. And also if they do continue this show then Rodimus better be in the next one

• Like Like x 3
  5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Gotta love a sequel bait for something that we knew would be the final installment 3 years ago.

Anyway, Dark Multiverse as an advertisement for SG yeah yeah, can we get the Go-Bots, though?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And thanks Hasbro for spoiling the big Ark reveal by releasing the toy ahead of schedule. That story moment probably would've impressed me otherwise.

(although it did kind of give me flashbacks to the Atlas reveal in the Voltron finale)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MrLemming

MrLemming Well-Known Member

Just starting Kingdom tonight, and there are some things I’ve noted thus far:

Dinobot’s voice is an odd one, I mean Tigatron sounds more like him than he does.

I’m finding I’m cool with the voice of Blackarachnia, is a fittingly femme fatale sounding voice.

Dear god Primal and BW Megatron’s voices… just… no…

Spoiler, sort of -
    Megatron’s freaking life story is now what the Golden Disc contains? The hell?

How is Prime still Prime despite not having the Matrix?

And as earlier stated, Roster Teeth started out copying the toy models 1:1 and just opted to say “F*** this…” sometime last season. Rattrap looks fairly close if you ignore his tail position, Airazor is dang close, Primal and BW Megs are somewhat. But then we hit Cheetor, BA, and Rhinox; all of whom have fairly large differences. Cheetor’s shin color and flattened chest head, BA’s head looking more like she’s wearing a helmet and seemingly not having the backpack, and Rhinox’s chest jaw being far smaller… And why are Tigatron’s fangs hanging out so far apart like a vampire!?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So, Blackarachnia kissing Airazor took me by surprise.

Unfortunately, that was the only part of the show that didn't bore me out of my mind.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Starcron

Starcron Well-Known Member

Quick answer: No! But I wish they would have made the villian win this time around with how dark they were trying to go. Megatron would have gotten a tipped hat from me if he won. Then again I wish Makuta won in Bionicle... Oh well.

10. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I was getting some Mortal Kombat vibes when Optimus was told Megatron had to win.
    Shame they literally decided against that in the immediate next scene.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Here comes the snow...

Found the Decepticon.

• Like Like x 5
  12. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Just watched Kingdom episode 1 at 1.5x speed to make the pacing bearable, lol. :p 

Maybe didn’t need to, since it was pretty damn neat seeing G1 and BW Transformers on screen together!

Had a dumbass smile on my face the whole time. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    God, tell me about it.

14. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weirdly this is the only time I actually felt afraid of Unicron...Thanks Starscream, now I'm having trouble sleeping. I do think maybe they might make a continuation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chubzhac

Chubzhac Member

Twitter:
    The whole series feels like a bunch of unfinished plots put together. Its been a problem throughout all three parts of the show but it's especially noticeable in Kingdom.

It felt like the story was setting up BW Megatron to betray Megatron and use the golden disc to his own advantage but halfway through he just become a sycophant to his namesake. The megalomaniacal leader of the Predacons is happy to just step back and let Megatron push him around.

Another example would be the intro for episode 4, which feels like a leftover from an earlier version of the script that wasn't updated. The Maximals act like they have no idea what the Allspark is, even though its been established that Primal hates Prime for taking the Allspark offworld and leaving Cybertron in ruins. Rattrap also mentions that Cybertron doesn't need the Allspark to support life in the future but then Cheetor makes him drop the subject and it never comes up again.

Another complaint I have is that the inclusion of the Beast Wars cast feels like an afterthought. BW Megatron gives Megatron the golden disc and Blackarachnia creates a device that can decipher the disc. Aside from those two plot points you could replace the Beast Wars cast with anyone and the story would still mostly play out the same.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG]Polygon Pictures did great. The VAs could be better, but given the fact that Netflix was already unwilling to fork out enough cash to Rooster Teeth for Union Voice Actors, they were decent with what they were given, especially with that story.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Besides the awful voices & acting , I thought the rest was pretty good.
    No humans.

18. RavageX9

RavageX9 Tripredacus Agent

My wife said drink everytime someone says Allspark. I did not last long.

• Like Like x 10
  19. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really really liked Dinobots characterization. I genuinely liked Airazor too. Definitely gotta get a Dinobots toy.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    considering the union talent Netflix employs for their other content I’d say it was less Netflix wasn’t willing to pay and more rooster teeth wasn’t willing pay then anything.

you see the cast of masters of the universe and some of the big name actors attached to their movies…yeah I don’t think it was Netflix. Especially since some of the voice cast were rooster teeth employees or former employees.

• Like Like x 4