Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No!

111 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

138 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Saberblade

Saberblade Such Heroic Nonsense!

Ebay:
    Once Netlix WFC is over, what's next? any other cartoon shows in the works? I feel that Netflix WTC was somewhat rushed IMO.

2. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

There's a new cartoon being made by Nickelodeon and a Botbots show being made by Netflix.

3. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    Well we know that we're getting a show based off of botbots later this year on Netflix, and nickelodeon is releasing a show in 2022/2023, other than those two I'd think we might get a show for the next trilogy.

4. Saberblade

Saberblade Such Heroic Nonsense!

Ebay:
    BotBots looks to be a show aimed towards kids age of 4

5. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    It could not be, it's got an actual plot, smth most children's shows nowadays don't have.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

LOL, all the current TF shows aimed at kids (Rescue Bots, RiD15 and Cyberverse) have better writing than all the "eDGy" and "mEAnIngfUl" current stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  7. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cyberverse getting a miraculous season 4 on Netflix would suggest they don't have a lot of plans in place. Cyberverse itself is meant to be an ad-hoc show, so the stopgap is getting another stopgap is funny.

8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you talking about? Cyberverse was not a stop-gap show, it was a show made by Hasbro's acquisition of an irish animation studio and it had a toyline featuring the same amount of unique molds as the RID2015 toyline in similar time frame. It was, by all means, a serious kid-aimed production using a serious amount of assets even if they cheaped out on the voice acting budget.

It is also odd to say they don't have "a lot of plans in place" when they already have both a Netflix show called Botbots in the works and also a new series at work in collaboration with Nickelodeon Studios right now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    Oh I meant stuff on YouTube that's made with 3¢

• Like Like x 1
  10. jungle penguins

News Credits:
    The show editor has stated there was no show bible and that they wrote the show as they went (the latter is common but usually even shows where they wing it, have a story bible of some kind in place, like every other Transformers show). That to me is a red flag to the production. The use of existing evergreen designs (with cool revamps) also makes me think they blitzed through production to get it out in the latter half of 2018. (because what in the actual heck was the Prime Wars trilogy).

I should've said "plans ready in time", cause their Nickoldeon show is a ways away? With Botsbots being more towards the Rescue Bots demographic.

11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None of that means the show was a "stop-gap" though. Lauren Faust herself said that when she was allowed to do a series bible for the My Little Pony show she did for Hasbro that was a thing she had to go out of her way to do, indicating that series bibles are not really something Hasbro mandates in general. Evergreen designs were used in comics at the time and also are being used right now for a mobile game being developed and various other products, so those designs being used doesn't mean much other than that Hasbro wants the appearance of characters to stay consistent. Do not be surprised if the Nickelodeon show also has elements of those designs. Plus there is the fact that Cyberverse has clear Aligned continuity bible and Bumblebee movie story elements in it's development, so even if it had no pre-made bible "of it's own", the writers were clearly given reference setting material by Hasbro.

Prime Wars was a project that, from what we were told, came from Machinima approaching Hasbro pitching a series, and Hasbro asked them to make said serious related to the Generations toyline. Prime Wars would've existed irregardless of Hasbro's major plans for the kid toylines, and frankly, they are bad because they are badly made by people that are bad at their job, not because they were rushed. Prime Wars actualy came out fairly late too for most of it's segments, so clearly they weren't making any efforts to "be on time".

Calling it a "stop-gap show" just seems odd to me since the show lasted the same amount of years most transformers shows do and even had toys aimed at collectors introduced for it's third year that they would not have done if they were seeing this as a throwaway non-event.

The Nickelodeon show is slated for 2022's later months, 2022 being a movie year means that it's middle will be based on the product leading up to the Rise of the Beasts movie with the last of Cyberverse's product hanging around from late 2021 to early 2022, so yeah, you might be able to call Cyberverse's fourth season a product they decided to commission because they needed something for kids for holidays 2021, but the show as a whole I wouldn't go as far as call it a stop gap, specially since we don't know how COVID must've affected plans.

On the topic of demographic, I don't think we were told that Botbots is for Rescue Bots demographic, from what we were told, it's a normal comedy cartoon and not an educational pre-school thing. The toyline is definitely not pre-school aimed since it features small swallowable figures.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jungle penguins

News Credits:
    I guess I'm interpreting the rushed nature of the project as Hasbro just wanting to throw it together despite the team doing an excellent job with the rocks and sticks they had. The Machinima and Rooster Teeth stuff feels like it had a longer than expected development but that might be confirmation bias.

The Prime Wars thing is a joke, the last part of that released somewhere in the first half of 2018 so with Cyberverse being the latter half, that was a time of very low confidence for media.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

So in just a few days we will get to see how much they ruined BW. Going off of the early previews from our fellow members, I’m not expecting Kingdom to be respectful to the source material. (Which means a big fuck you to Rooster Teeth)

14. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    yeah, 0 percent

• Like Like x 1
  15. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Sorry can you clarify your post?

16. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    They did not ruin Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Not the cartoon, but the characters.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  18. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Did it ruin Beast Wars: Transformers?

19. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Says me as well. I have the DVDs, no one can take them from me and no one can ruin them for me. Let people produce whatever inferior imitation of Beast Wars they want, I have the real deal already.

20. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

In terms of Kingdom ruining the 90s cartoon is not what I’m referring to. It’s butchering established characters by altering their personalities and giving them bad voice acting. Beast Megs is a already a casualty.

• Like Like x 1