Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

136 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 240 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    And....................………....... the.................award...................... goes...................................... to

• Like Like x 4
  2. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What?? It's a overly dark series. That makes all Transformers look like A Holes. I Hope Kingdom some how stop all of that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Felixkoch2312

Felixkoch2312 Member

sermonize

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus REDisPOWER

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    "IT'S THE BOMB!"

7. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I know everyone likes to dunk on WFC's writing/direction, but I think its animation/fx mostly ranges from competent to pretty good. And that's all the award's for, after all.
    I don't watch enough current cartoons to really say if it ought to win out over its peers, but I think the show winning an animation/fx award isn't insane.

• Like Like x 12
  8. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    Oh, you don't know? Pacific rim is a live action movie with the same premise. There are 2 movies as of now and I was wondering if the black is a sequel to uprising.

9. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've enjoyed the Netflix TF seasons so far.

It's the first time ever in non-comic materials that I've felt like they were actually part of a war.

The dialog may be slow for some but I felt like it had more weight to it in general.

If anything I feel that a third season won't be enough to complete this saga given the current run time per season.

• Like Like x 4
  10. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

They can\'t even do a good transformation. I find this funny. 

• Like Like x 8
  11. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

"-The Transformers will return after these messages"

• Like Like x 7
  12. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

WE ARE NOT THE DECEPTICONS!!?!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

Promise me you'll forgive me for accepting this Annie Awards! Promise me!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Yuuki

Yuuki "Rule of Cool"

I guess I'm an outlier, but I actually really enjoyed what I got from Siege. It still isn't the return to form I've been hoping to see, but it's a fine self-sustained story of the conflict between the Autobots and Decepticons on Cybertron, and that is kind of nice to see as a change of pace for the series in terms of animation. (We're going to ignore the machinima series) Takes itself a bit too serious in its presentation, but eh, it's trying to be a drama and I'll look at it from that way.

What we have though I like in terms of small characterization. Optimus is a nice take on the character for me, showcasing his conflict as a leader in this war and his urgency to end it for the sake of his people. I really like his relationships with both Elita and Ultra Magnus and their history with him, how neither fully agrees with him as commanders, and while Elita believes in their cause, and most importantly him, Magnus has seen the conflict go on for too long to believe this is the right direction anymore. I like that, a lot.

On the opposite side, we have Megatron being someone who started this rebellion for just causes but quickly became a tyrant and dictator, it's a very good parallel and I do really like how both him and Optimus are portrayed here.

But if there's one thing that this show got absolutely right, it's how the writers showcased how differently the war affected everyone on Cybertron, and I really like how the characters have to come together from different parts of this long-lasting conflict over the course of the show, and how that's clearly reflected in everyone. Bumblebee as an unaligned informant just looking to make it on the planet, Ratchet an unaligned doctor who doesn't agree with either side, and I especially liked Impactor's turn in regards to meeting Ratchet. Jetfire's turn is a serious standout too, since he could've easily been obvious shallow fanservice for his and Starscream's relationship in G1, but here it's utilized to showcase how far gone Megatron has been straying from the cause he and the rest of the Decepticons fought for in the first place. That's some cool story-telling!

Everything else? Well, Roosterteeth did a bang up job with the animation. Character models look great, the action is well choreographed and that sweeping shot of the protocols migrating to Bumblebee especially stands out in memory.

Also, I didn't expect them to actually showcase the C.O.M.B.A.T gimmick! Bit weird they chose the one character whose toy flat-out can't actually attach a backpack though, but hey, the thought's there and it made for a neat little scene, I really didn't expect them to adapt that for the Cogs, and I did especially appreciate Arcee of all characters getting more fire power (even if her toy isn't actually designed to do that).

Now, I will be upfront about a caveat; I did not watch this with English audio. I heard terrible things about the directing beforehand leading the performances to be stiff and unnatural, and coming from the machinema series, I did not have much faith in the original audio. I'd watched a PV of the Japanese dub and I liked what I heard. I think for this directing? It works much better due to both the language differences allowing for more dialogue to be spoken at once, leading to less moments of awkward silence and pauses, and imo, more expressive directing on the part of the Japanese side coming from pretty prolific VA's. Given how Roosterteeth is advertising this as an "anime" I have to wonder whether this was always the intention and why the English performances come off stocky and unnatural. It's also why I haven't seen Earthrise yet, because the dub is not available yet.

I do hope it will be though, because for what this is I am really enjoying the ride here and I will continue to patiently await the other dub language options.

Now, anyone know when we're getting those other dub options? :D 

• Like Like x 7
  15. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

OMG! AHAHAHAHAHAHA. *deep inhale* AHAHAHAHAHAHA

That scene was the scene that pushed me from thinking “this is boring” to “this is awful”.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

I liked Siege too :D ! The English version isn't as terrible as everyone says it is, but it is a little slow. Bumblebee, Elita-1, Starscream, and Jetfire's voice actors do an especially nice job, though, as well as Jake Tillman and Jason Marnocha.
    I really liked Earthrise. I suggest giving it a watch even though the Japanese dub isn't out yet. If you liked Siege, then Earthrise won't disappoint. I feel like I'm the only person on this website who thinks the "tell me you forgive me" scene was actually really good. Optimus, Megatron, Elita-1, and Ultra Magnus all have a really interesting dynamic throughout both seasons. It's one of my favorite things about the show. And I do think it deserves that Annies nomination.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 240 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I do too, but that “tell me you forgive me” line was stupid but other than that the scene was pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. harrisongibb

harrisongibb Well-Known Member

I feel like a lot of the issues with this trilogy could be shored up if they weren’t confined to 6 episodes per season. There are a lot of interesting ideas introduced that feel rushed or pushed aside too quickly.

Conversely, maybe they tried to pack too much in when they didn’t have the available running time bandwidth. Either way, I’ve enjoyed it for the most part.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    If they weren't confined to 6 episodes per season then we would get 13 episodes per season and then there would have been 1000 more Refraktors and 500 more Gray Ironhides.

• Like Like x 2