Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

137 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Necromaster fucking nailed it. The people behind this show are delusional, and have no concept of what they’re actually trying to do. This trilogy feels like an utter mess because it clearly is an utter mess behind the scenes.

The egos, though. The utter ego that they’re producing something monumental when in actuality it’s more of a cinematic fart. But like a trailing zipper fart. It’s one thing for a show to have humble creators working away at a small scale and develop something wonderful (BW, TFA) it’s another thing entirely to want to be huge, definitive, and seemingly want to “explore” fringe concepts without putting in the work of building a foundation. It’s so utterly tone deaf to see these quotes align with the shot we got.

That’s honestly what bothers me most.

• Like Like x 9
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's extremely late for me to do a short review on ER I know but I have to echo the agreement that the series hasn't really grasped the idea of what makes a show actually adult and dark regardless if the characters come from fantastical backgrounds or not. It's a shame to see that since we DO have animated adult shows like Primal and Samurai Jack's 5th season that showcase on how you really explore dark and adult themes in a way that feels natural and not forced. I wouldn't be surprised if when time passes a lot more people will see this in a very negative light.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 You clearly don’t own a construct bot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    My reaction to this scene:
    TELL ME YOU FORGIVE ME!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rotek666

Rotek666 Well-Known Member

The part of the interview where they show the designer of Spinister his creation getting killed totally never happened. I mean the way beard guy says it it's like he just made it up. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love you.

Honestly, I could forgive all of this if not for :
    1. This, according to Hasbro, was meant to be the "definitive " TF show. This is the new standard.
    2. With the amount of fans with rose-tinted glasses- whose only standard of what passes as good TF media is "as many G1 references as possible"-clamoring "good job!" to Hasbro, the bar has been lowered. This is the kind of shit to expect from TF media from here on out. Personally, I believe the bar was lowered with Cyberverse, but if that wasn't enough for people to see, then Earthrise should be.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    God, with how badly they utterly butchered Sky Lynx, and deliberately so, plus Earthrise's desperate reliance on Memberberries, I am deeply terrified of how they're going to massacre not only the BW cast of characters but how they'll reuse memorable lines from it without any of the meaningful context or remotely decent delivery. How many times will Dinobot say "honor?" How flat and unexpressive will BW Megatron's "Yes" be? And beyond that, will Jake Tillman (who has zero range) be pulling double duty as Primal, who will invariably be written to be every bit as stupid as his namesake?

Earthrise was god-awful and the treatment of Sky Lynx is emblematic of "EVERYTHING MUST BE GRIM AND EDGY AND FIT THE MOLD." I'll have to make sure I avoid Kingdom like the plague, because while I watched Earthrise out of a morbid sense of curiosity, I just know Kingdom is going to make me deeply, genuinely furious.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

You ask these questions like you believe these characters will just be exaggerated versions of their cartoon selves when in reality, they're just not going to be recognizable at all. Predacon Megs will be a copy-paste of Decepticon Megs, Primal will be a copy-paste of the Primal from Power of the Primes, Rattrap will be a grim nihilist who sides with one of the Megatrons (because we need a "shocking" twist), Blackarachnia and Cheetor will be in the background, Waspinator and Rhinox may get shitty last-minute character models like Galvatron and Arcee did, (and also be background characters). Oh, and the Ark will transform and be destroyed within five minutes during the final episode.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    The only thing to look forward to is the chance that we might finally get some fucking color.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watch it end up like the Lion King remake. :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  10. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

I don't have so much a problem with Prime killing as Prime sounding like a homicidal maniac "I'll Kill You!" "Give me your face!" or just a generic action movie hero who puts bullets into people.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would not be surprised in the least if Kingdom BW Megs says “yes” after every last sentence, because that’s his thing, right?! And it’s only going to be around 6 episodes. Gotta really drive home his speech predilections!

Ugh, I know I said it was an improvement over Siege, and I still feel like it is. But that was a low, looooow bar to clear.

I think the best thing I can say, is that it only registers mild dislike from me. I derive enjoyment from poking fun at it if nothing else. Netflix’ Castlevania is pure hatred and I’ll never rewatch that trash. I might, *MIGHT* rewatch an ep or two of their TFs one day.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Frontier4

Y'know, for all my issues with Optimus in TF:p , when he actually committed to taking Megatron out, he committed to it. Right down to seemingly being willing to shoot a weakened Megatron on his knees before Dreadwing came in and saved him.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Prime Optimus was a hypocritical blowhard and he still has a stronger resolve and character than Netflix Optimus. Incredible.

How did we get such a great Optimus character in TFA and every series since has just completely fumbled his personality? Like how is it so hard for Optimus to just be a good human being (you know what I mean) without some egocentric self-righteousness or generic "war is hell" faux-nihilist outlook where he pontificates and gives lectures instead of just talking normally. Talk fucking normal Optimus God. Just because Optimus is known for speeches doesn't mean every thing he says is a speech. Speeches are also not supposed to be written as speeches. A good speech is dialogue that captivates the audience, and characters, into allowing the one talking to finish. A bad speech is slamming on the breaks for a lecture nobody wanted or cares to hear about. Netflix Prime is the latter.

tellmeyouforgivemee.png

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Frontier4

I don't remember him being a blowhard or that hypocritical, but just being too stoic and out-of-focus. But that was back when Hasbro was really doubling-down on Cullen's Prime being really stoic and steadfast as a leader, forgetting that G1 Prime had his moments of fun and levity amidst being a serious and capable leader.

It's a shame the only time Cullen gets to emote is when he plays Prime in the movies.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I can believe it. We already know none of the characters are going to sound or act like the characters when a conversation between WFC Wheeljack and WFC Ironhide sounds like this:

• Like Like x 7
  16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Blowhard comes from him just being too protracted and wordy, and making grand statements like everything he said was some profound wisdom.

The hypocrisy comes from his often times backwards morals. Like when Ratchet goes insane and tortures a Vehicon, and Optimus is less concerned that he scorched half a dude's face and more that he attacked a "servant class." Even though Optimus has obliterated scads of Vehicon miners in the past. (and Arcee even brutally decapitating one)

But like I said, even his questionable ethics pale in comparison to the outright criminal negligence and horrific leadership of Netflix Prime. Prime Optimus never got his troops killed from bad decision making, or made every single aspect of the conflict about himself. He was a boring, insufferable plank of wood, but he never made me actually question the sanity of the writers.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Frontier4

Sometimes the Matrix of Leadership is a bit too much...
    I think it was more kind of building up and Ratchet attacking a non-combatant was the last straw. But I guess that's what you get when your heroes have generic 'Cons to run through week-after-week.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But they're not non-combatants, that's the point. It can't be a "last straw" if it's not even a straw in the first place. Hence the hypocrisy.

19. Frontier4

Didn't Prime tell Ratchet that they only attack the soldier-class Vehicons, not the worker/mining class?

20. Polishtransformerfan233

Polishtransformerfan233 Well-Known Member

This show is WORST too little transformations, many shortcomings and few autobots and this Doubledealer face is ... some kind of joke, and scans of figures, I beg you, after all, you can see that such a Moonracer is a Redeco of Chromia, and why am I asking for what?! It's a joke, Moonracer itself was not a redeco but a new model and supporting characters, ladies are only redeco no known faces, e.g. Smokescreem or Trailbreaker or Sunstreaker.Coming back to the Moonracer why couldn't they make a new head model or use from Power of the Primes toy.Why don't you guys want to make new characters just use existing characters as toys, really laziness as you look.

• Like Like x 1