Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

217 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. No!

95 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

98 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

103 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

35 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

I assume it's G.I. Joe misspelled.

2. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Is waiting for the TF7 set photos

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I got this comment on a clip of earthrise that I uploaded could someone translate it? EE7425C3-83FC-49A2-BF1A-47FB593E9ECE.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  3. Bee427

Bee427 I'm here-er and I'm queerer

I don't think this was written in any language...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

Transformers. Wfc earthrise elita.one takes out.
    Prison Tristen he last harrison he cog orderd coalition of governments
    Elita one kiss [REDACTED] face

Best I could do. Clearly an advanced level of cryptography.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

See the edit in my last post.

6. CorePrime

CorePrime Well-Known Member

Saw some trivia that episode 6 shows quick clips of the crew on earth, including Spike? Unless I'm crazy... I didn't see that? Where was that?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Is waiting for the TF7 set photos

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I don’t think it that it was shown

8. Bee427

Unfortunately, no. I would have liked to see Spike, though. The end of episode 6 is where we get a glimpse of Dinobot.

9. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That whole thing is nonsense anyway. There are plenty of shows that use non-union actors with great voice work. The problem here is they don't seem to cast very good actors in these recent Transformers shows.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished watching Earthrise. It was an improvement over season 1. The scope of things seemed bigger, and the universe more expansive than before.

Two things:

1. The voice acting is still very slow. By now I’ve just come to expect it. But it’s still a mark against it.

2. I don’t know how Prime keeps the support of the Autobots, when he’s thrown victory away multiple times now by refusing to kill Megatron, going so far as to order Wheeljack to save Megatron’s life & then later begging Megatron for forgiveness. If I were an Autobot, I’d want someone else leading the troops.

Anyway, it held my interest & was a definite step in the right direction. I’ll be back for Kingdom.

• Like Like x 8
  11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watch using the Netflix app, set speed to 1.25 or even 1.5x. the dialogue is painfully slow.

As I said with Siege, I think there are good ideas here... But the execution leaves much to be desired. Earthrise did not alter that sentiment.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I still think the biggest problem is that the voice direction is poor. Couple that with the abysmal writing, it makes me feel bad for the VA's.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Bee427

Something about the trilogy that baffles me a little (not necessarily hate) is that the show and the toyline seem to be telling two different stories. There's the Paradron medics pack with Ratchet and Lifeline, the Botropolis rescue mission pack, the Ultra Magnus spoiler pack with Rung, all concepts that the show didn't use. Makes me wonder if the Fossilizers will see any screentime in Kingdom when it comes out.

• Like Like x 6
  14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It was decent, a step up from the first series, but I can´t get over how for a planetary civil war, it seems their entire civilization is reduced to a few skirmishes of a dozen bots. I mean, a large scale war should look like something like WWII. You could at least throw some references to generals from each side off-screen commanding armies and reporting back to Megatron or Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  15. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

So far the main thing that puts me off wfc isn't the animation but the voice acting. They just all sound he same. I'm not expecting but miracles but if your gonna voice someone like ironhide or Skylynx maybe watch a few classic G1 episodes or at least a few clips and get an idea of the voice the audience will be expecting from you instead of just angry yelling or trying to sound broody and sinister all the time and failing.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Bee427

Definitely. I don't think WFC is as terrible as some people say, but the voice acting/voice direction were absolutely the biggest problems with it. I think Jake Tillman and Jason Marnocha honestly do a pretty good job as Optimus and Megatron, but they did need to be told to go a little faster. I liked Elita, Jetfire, and Red Alert's voices too, but everyone else sounded a little too similar to each other to really be distinctive.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Finally finished watching part 2. Wasn't what I was expecting. But some scenes tide into the original show and movie.

18. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    I finished Earthrise and it was fairly enjoyable. I don’t think this show is great but I do like it.

However, out of all the episodes I have seen in any Transformers show, season 2 episode 4 was one of the best ever I have seen. That was pure gold.

I hope Kingdom does all things right.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I finally forced myself to watch the rest of Earthrise after seeing people on non-TF boards calling War for Cybertron the Transformers cartoon we always wanted and didn't know it.

Nope. Still not seeing why that would be.

We keep getting reference after reference thrown about events that would be truly exciting to see happening, but not seeing the actual events even in flashback form. Skorponok scurrying around like a mouse when he's ten times bigger than anybody else in the scene was hysterical for all the wrong reasons. Sky Lynx was pretty cool, though again it would be nice to have seen WHY he was judged so harshly rather than just be told he deserved to be judged harshly. Optimus Prime is a full-blown idiot time after time, yet still has the respect of his people? Megatron wants to save Cybertron, by literally killing every single occupant. Except, saving Cybertron isn't nearly as important as going after Optimus Prime and making sure everyone knows everything that's gone wrong is Prime's fault. It would be nice to get what that backstory is, as they haven't even really managed to explain it through dialog. I mean, aside from Prime being the biggest bone-head in Transformers history.

There's a whole lot of telling and not a whole lot of showing when it comes to this show. And that's bad story telling even when you're writing. Paint a picture, show the action, give us a reason to care.

Seeing Dinobot did give me a brief chill. I'm scared how tepid Beast Wars will be treated. I can't say I hate what they've done thus far. That would be ascribing far more emotion to my reaction than it deserves. It's just so bland it's hard to care about it.

• Like Like x 7
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    What I don't get is how they took Sky Lynx, a character so ridiculous looking with an even more flamboyent voice and personality, and robbed him of everything that made the character enjoyable and memorable and made him a dour, serious, quasi-mentor figure for Optimus.

Like Sky Lynx was the moment that broke me, and the moment I realized the people making this just don't care about Transformers in any way. They actively avoid having fun, being interesting, or in any way putting to screen things that could be considered entertaining. How they managed to butcher a character with so much charm and whimsy baked-in to his design and character is flabbergasting. You have to try to fuck up that bad. His whole back story is just stupid as well, banished to purgatory for, what, arrogance? He's Sky Lynx! He wanted the Matrix? Since when does Sky Lynx want the Matrix? It's almost like they wrote his character to be someone else, and at the last minute threw Sky lynx in there to (completely fail to) sell his toy. (why doesn't he transform? Or at least separate into his two components?)

And I'm not against reinterpretations of characters, but if you're going to rob a character of all the distinction and original qualities, you have to replace it with something. It's the same reason people hate many of the movie Transformers, because they took characters with voices and personalities and made them into generics. But Sky Lynx is worse, because he's not generic, (in the sense of a pointless character, he's very much generic in personality and portrayal in ER) he's still an integral character with plenty of screen time, but he spends it all divorced from the entire character he's based on. Worse, the character they gave him is completely ill-fitting, because we're getting super serious, droning dialogue out of this goofy dragon thing that looks stupid with its little puppet jaw flapping. You cannot take that seriously, and that's the point of Sky Lynx. He looks so goofy, but thinks he's so smart and amazing. (and even more outrageous is that he's usually right about that! He's not just boastful and comically incompetent like a lot of characters with his archetype)

It's the arrogance of "we can do better than a kid's show" mixed with the utter failure to do better than a kid's show that baffles me. I could've sworn media grew out of this immature fascination with making formerly colourful and outlandish characters and series "grimdark edgelord" shit because of how embarrassing it was, but Sky Lynx just goes to show how truly immature this show was.

Like God damn, this whole series is one stinking turd, but Sky Lynx really bothered me because he's a character I actually really like who's been in basically nothing of substance since G1, and nothing about what made him likable was on display in Earthrise. And he's dead now, so that's an extra kick in the nads and a bit of insult to injury, not that I would've liked to see more of this miserable interpretation of a beloved cornball with the weirdest transformations in all of the franchise. He didn't even have his accent.

No fun, no fun at all.

• Like Like x 9