Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

216 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No!

87 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

90 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

87 vote(s)
    17.0%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

32 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Mr. E.

Optimus comes from the Latin world, optimo, which means excellent. Prime can mean leader. The full definition of Optimus Prime is "excellent leader".

This version of Optimus Prime should get his name changed.

Idiot translated into Latin is fatuus. Therefore, his name should be Fatuus Prime.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

Or Pessimus Prime. Pessimus is Latin for worst.

• Like Like x 7
  3. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i hope if we get netflix shows past kingdom they go for shorter anthology stories rather than large overarching stories that poorly cram it all together, instead of 6 episodes how about 3 with 1 for each continuity

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bee427

Bee427 Well-Known Member

12284a17-b1af-47c5-8d88-1c0e6b61081b.jpg Rip to the people (including me) who were holding out for Jazz in Earthrise. Maybe next season...

• Like Like x 5
  5. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

I mean... Megatron is open for business, so...

And made a damn good convincing argument too.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

For fans still upset about how movie Prime kills watch this! Can someone explain why during a war Optimus did not just shoot Megatron? Instead we get a worse than half assed discussion on faux-philosophy.

7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

No one is upset about movie Prime killing. Optimus simply shooting the Decepticons in combat (which he really should have done to Megatron after his inner justification rather than "will you forgive me") would be far better than what he does in most of the movies.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

That's cool? I guess. I mean I hear his Optimus and I'm tempted to stick pencils down my ear canals, but to each his own.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I wonder if and/or when we will get toys based upon the WFC Trilogy Cartoon-exclusive Characters (Shamble, Comms Officer, Dome Guard, and Security Officer). Would you buy them if you got the chance to?

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is called "Netflix WFC discussion". I do not see how you can discuss a series without TALKING about what happens in the show... IE, spoilers. :rolleyes: 

It was challenging for me to not to stop watching and go back to my Batman TAS bluray rewatch... :p 

Siege came out like... a year ago? Any TF fan who is interested could have watched it in like, 2 hours given how this is just 6 episodes. It's not like watching a season of Cyberverse...

I think that question deserved some sort of anime trope-y "I will NEVER forgive you!" answer. I wonder if Rooster Teeth being famous for doing fanfic-y faux anime has anything to do with the abysmal dialogue. They write in english but think in anime?

I never understood why they hang around at all with the 3 main kids, weren't they the bullies? That'd be like the Rangers taking Bulk and Skull with them everywhere.

Things would be like the "But what if it exploded?" Lloyd segments in Cinema Snob's reviews. :D 

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  11. Rojixus

Rojixus SAY YOU FORGIVE ME!

Yeah, a season of Cyberverse is a bit over three hours if I recall correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Zentropy

Zentropy Needs more greeble

Most of the events within a show aren't spoiler-worthy. Much of the content can be discussed without ruining the experience for someone who hasn't watched, and therefore doesn't need to be hidden. I would agree, however, that someone who hasn't yet watched really shouldn't be in a discussion thread to begin with, but regardless, the spoiler function is there for a reason. If not this, then what?

13. Too qik

Too qik Member

I've seen netflix WFC trilogy get a lot of hate on these forums but there's one thing nobody ever talks about with that trilogy, it was a missed opportunity to re-unite peter cullen and Frank welker once again. Imagine how much better the show would be with Frank welker doing megatron's voice the same way he did it in prime. And the same thing applies to peter cullen coming back to play Optimus prime. I'd just like to say I don't hate netflix war for Cybertron trilogy, but I don't like it either. I might actually like it though if it had some half decent voice acting. Honestly I don't care who plays the other characters in the show, just please at least get peter cullen and Frank welker to do there thing ok netflix?

14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    This has been talked about ad nauseum.

The reason they aren't involved is because Hasbro doesn't want to pay Actor Guild pricing for the actors. It's a lot cheaper to get Youtube voice actors and you're not beholden to having Guild members in all positions, including voice director.

15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

They feel the same.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Too qik

Too qik Member

I know that hasbro wants to save money but if they want to save money cut funds to one of there other properties that nobody cares about like gijo or my little pony. That's what hasbro needs to do if money is tight. Not ruin something that people actually care about. I also have the same problem with transformers animated and it's budget voice acting. I still like animated though because what it lacked in voice acting it made up for in storyline and plot. Netflix WFC trilogy has a "meh" plot at best, so to rediem itself it needs some good voice acting.

17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    :horse: 

The decision was made. The guy who is voicing Optimus is Hasbro's choice for the character, seemingly here forward due to him voicing Prime both in WfC and Cyberverse.

Also, this thread will probably be moved to the Animation forum...probably merged into another WfC thread...

18. Too qik

Too qik Member

"Do not recite the dark magic to me, I was there when it was written."

The fact that he has done Optimus twice now means nothing. There have been plenty of other people who have voiced Optimus prime over the years but petter cullen will ALWAYS be THE voice of Optimus prime, and the only way hasbro can change that is once peter cullens time comes to join the well of allsparks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2021
  19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I don't even know what the hell Gijo is. This is the first I'm even hearing about it. My Little Pony on the hand is hardly a property that "Nobody cares about" you and I don't care about it but there is clearly a fan base for it. My Little Pony... regardless of our personal feelings about it, is actually one of their most successful properties. I really don't get it... I've checked out a few episodes that had Scott McNeil and John de Lancie because if I'm going to check out a show to see what all the hype is about why not start with episodes with actors I already like... and it's really just OK... like I don't hate it, it's something I wouldn't mind having on in the background if I got kids around who want to watch it but I don't see much else beyond it just being an average kids show for LITTLE LITTLE kids. I'm not going to watch it but there's for some reason adult men who love this show for little kids. The target audience is actually meant for little girls but I don't see a problem if little boys want to watch it too. I'm just confused what the appeal is for adults. But I can't say that no one cares about it just based on my own personal feelings. Clearly there is a fan base for this.

And Animated did not have budget voice acting. That was actually a pretty expensive voice cast compared to the current run of non-Union Actors. Animated actually had known names that had been in Transformers before. Shockwave, Blurr, Rodimus Prime, and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head were voiced by their original voice actors. Judd Nelson who voiced Rodimus Prime in the 86 movie and Animated is one of the most expensive voice actors in the series, I mean that's literally the reason G1 Season 3 had to replace him after the movie because they couldn't afford to pay him full time. And it's the same with Animated, they only were able to get him for one episode but that was an expensive 5 minutes just because they got Judd Nelson to do the voice. If they were hiring non-union actors no one had ever heard of that is cheap voice acting, that's what they're doing now with Cyberverse, Rescue Bots Academy, and the WFC Netflix series. It's also the reason the reason they didn't bring Peter Cullen and Frank Welker back, cause they're both union actors and not only is Hasbro cutting costs by going non-union but the actors themselves aren't even allowed to work a non-union job at a lower pay rate even if they wanted to. They'd have to be credited under a different name if they were going to do that because the union has strict rules against that sort of thing.

And yes actors do often do that, working a non-union job under a different name because they're in a union. For obvious reasons I can't tell you who they are. On paper joining a union is suppose to help you get more work at a higher pay rate but often times actors actually end up getting less work because they're not allowed to take non-union jobs anymore. They get paid more per gig sure but there's also union dues they have to pay and the strict rules about where they can and can't work. Some actors end up making about the same or less than they did without a union depending on what union they join. There's a few different ones Actors Equity for Theater, Screen Actors Guild for TV and Movies, I'm pretty sure voice actors have their own separate union as well. It's really more trouble than it's worth.

And now... I'm going to go look up what the hell Gijo is...

- = edit = -

Wait... did you mean G.I. Joe? Cause when I looked it up Google autocorrected me and brought up G.I. Joe. If that's what you meant then again... there is a huge fan base for that property. In fact there's a massive overlap between G.I. Joe fans and Transformers fans due to the crossovers since the original 80's versions both existed in the same universe. I personally don't give a crap about G.I. Joe beyond the limited crossovers with Transformers but just because I personally don't care about something doesn't mean no one care about it.

You might as well be saying they should cut their funding for the recently acquired Power Rangers property since Hasbro took that over from Bandai... I don't give a shit about Power Rangers but other people do and they're not going to cut funding to other properties just because we like Transformers more. If it was really something no one cared about they'd stop making toys for it rather than just cutting costs.

And Power Rangers is already pretty cheap to produce anyway since they're mostly reusing stock footage from Japan. The only way they could cut costs more is they stop editing Japanese stock footage together with new footage with American actors and just dub the voices of the Japanese actors That's the only way they can make an already cheaply produced series even cheaper.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    I know change is hard but I'm sure Hasbro has been wanting to move on from Cullen and Welker for awhile due to age. I seriously doubt you'd want a 95 year old Cullen doing the voice, either.

Jake Foushee does an admirable job - until he starts yelling. Some additional training and a better voice director would solve some of those problems.

Marc Thompson is good as Megatron in Cyberverse - I like him a little better than Manocha in WfC, I think, but that could be because of the methodical, plodding voice work as opposed to Manocha's actual voice.

Whatever happens, though...Frank Todaro needs to stay on as Starscream in all future projects. Good grief, that's the closest to Latta I've heard in a long, long time.

• Like Like x 1