Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I would like to see if they bring back some of the cast from Beast Wars for chapter 3.

Definately David Kaye as Beast Wars Megatron.

Also like to see if they bring back Scott Mcneill as Dinobot. If not him, then someone similar like Dee Bradley Baker.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To this day we still don't know what Surrender Stations are, which did sound interesting in Siege.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah...IMO the VA for Optimus sounded too different when he was er, angry.

Also concur with the VAs for IH and Ratchet...IH sounded too young.

Agreed with you guys. I can understand that this isn’t G1 but IMO Sky Lynx was “wasted” in this series.

• Like Like x 4
  4. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    Okay, so I just finished the first episode and here are my thoughts....

The good
    • The animation; things look beautiful, especially the lighting.
    • The character models, I love everyone's look except for the weapons which literally have hollow parts. I guess the toys are way more accurate then I thought.

The "meh"
    • Voice acting. Some voices are great like Megatron, Elita-1 and Bumblebee, others are good like Starscream, Jetfire (who's a Decepticon?!), and the rest are pretty average/okay.
    • The dialogue. Some lines are great and some are flat out messy. Why did they talk so much during the first Autobot-Decepticon confrontation? Hope all the battles don't go like this...
    • The plot; it's a little interesting but hopefully things pick up in the next one.

The bad
    • Optimus Prime. I get he's not a hero yet but geez this guy is something else. One second he sounds like a Peter Cullen impersonator and the next he's raising his voice and sounds borderline Megatron.

Overall a 6/10 so far. I know it's hard to judge just based on one episode but we'll see how things progress.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have some questions about some characters that have appeared in the WFC Trilogy Netflix Series.
    I'll add a spoiler tag here just to be safe.
    What models did the Autobot Security Officer and the Decepticon Shamble use? I know Autobot Comms Officer uses Cog's Model as a base and that the Mercenary Dome Guards used Impactor's model, but which models did those 2 characters use?

6. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't help but think that if the principles were completely new designs not based on pre-existing G1 characters, this show would have already died on its arse with very little fanfare.

Nostalgia is a powerful armour to wrap weakness in.

But I'm loving the toys and they may not have happened without this focused drive, so fuck me I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Just finished Earth Rise, and god this show is boring. Oh, can't forget the cringey ass voice acting. Optimus Prime's voice is the worst. I couldn't even be happy to see Dinobot at the end, cause I know how badly they're gonna screw this up.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Holy crap just finished Earthrise and it was great! Those last few episodes alone were really really good! The tension throughout was wonderful. Lots of great moments with suspense of not knowing what was going to happen really added to the thrill of watching it. The new characters introduced were all pretty much amazing. To avoid spoilers I won’t get into those particular characters and twists however. The voice acting was very good most of the time which was nice. Episode 5’s new characters had me hanging on their every word! Well recommended.

The tension in my stomach while watching was phenomenal. This is what I look for in a show or movie. Not something to miss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You forgot the blue text.

• Like Like x 5
  10. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Banned

Why... everybody...talking...so...slow? Why...Galvatron....appeared...for...a...few...minutes? Why...Megatron...keeps...Starscream...around...even...though..he...fired..him?

• Like Like x 3
  11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, wait, does this mean that's why Scorponok's boxart has a (not so well hidden) Megatron shoot at him, and why he has no Decepticon symbol? Because they already knew Rooster Teeth's plan to make him some weird factionless monster randomly put on a space station?
    scorponok-box-big.jpg

Why is this a spoiler, what models did they use? Shamble was a Reflector with a peg leg. Pretty much 90% of Cybertron's population are Reflectors. :D 
    I assume Autobot Security Officer, you mean the redshirts that went with Prime to be killed by Scorponok? They were, quite literally, wearing red shirts as in being red Cog repaints. We saw similar ones last series too.

Series has been out for weeks now, and at 6 episodes it can be watched in a day. No need for spoiler tags.
    As for why, well, I am guessing they all went to the Shatner School....of... over....acting.
    Galvatron was there just to likely foreshadow Unicron being in the final series. With Megatron having the Matrix he can in the future control Unicron... though I am guessing he would not be transformed into Galvatron then, ever, so... yeah it made no sense.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.
    Tension? I was falling asleep during most of this, AND I watched it sped up 1.25 rate. Even so it was a chore to watch. Last time I was so bored was when watching Headmasters later episodes when they just visit random planets and nothing happens...

I wonder what lame youtube voice actor they will get to play Dinobot. Maybe he will randomly have an australian accent too...

The toys are clearly what came first, and the show is just an afterthought...
    I mean Siege was "Cybertronian G1 + leftovers + 1989 Micromasters + Targetmasters + combining weapon pals for the formerly released Titans"
    Earthrise was "1984-85 G1 + 1989 Micromaster Bases + 1990 Micromasters + ramps + 1986 movie characters"
    Kingdom is "1985 G1 + 1986 movie characters + Beast Wars Season 1 characters + bone dinosaurs + 1984 characters in small format"
    Rooster Teeth was just told of the character roster and they basically did whatever they wanted with them, as evident by characters being completely miscast, like Doubledealer not being a double agent, Sky Lynx being a mystical guru, Scorponok some random monster instead of a headmaster Decepticon, Omega Supreme a deus ex machina, and Ultra Magnus a dumb pacifist.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The creative team said how Hasbro were closely involved with the series but they gave them total creative freedom when it came to the story and tone, as well as all three chapters were written and finalized at the same time or each other. So yes they did know.
    Heaven forbid he likes the show.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a reason Wikipedia links IMDB or Allmovies for movie articles, not Rottentomatoes. Because that system is terrible and untrue. So what, if some crappy movie nobody saw has only two 100% reviews, it will be rated highly? What a terrible system.

That is the audience this show caters to, the guys our age who think geeks/nerds are like the ones Big Bang Theory shows them to be. Who vaguely remember the G1 / BW shows from their childhood and as you say, just clap when they see anything done with those designs. After all, in 2007 it was largely the same people who were clapping when Transformers graced the big screens because they didn't know better.

I think you can imagine them like this:

"Say you'll forgive me, Megatron-senpai!"
    Ah just shut up and kiss, you two. :D 

I bet Hasbro is really regretting that total creative freedom thing now. Did they learn nothing from the Machinima fiasco?

People who genuinely think this is good need to make an appointment at Arkham Asylum. :p 

Not just each other... I mean Starscream even tried to kill Megatron and take over. When Megatron (without explanation) survives, he just does a Kirk impression (well, MORE of a Kirk impression, given the ridiculously Shatner-esque way he talks) and tells him to get off his bridge. That's it???

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was just being safe.

15. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Looks like Matpat will be returning to Transformers after all! And this time, he'll play a WHOLE ARMY OF PREDACONS!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I only watched ER this past week. Earthrise aired Dec 30. That's what... 11 days ago? Not everyone jumps on this stuff like a starving hyena. I think spoiler tags are completely appropriate, and will be for some time now.

• Like Like x 2
  17. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Did.... did someone just says AN ARMY OF COMBINERS!?

I'm sorry, but I had to. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

How much time?

19. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I finally watched Siege last weekend and followed it up with Earthrise. They were.... Fine. Yeah, thats the word I'd use. Fine. The pace of the series is the biggest problem, especially the dialogue. Did these bots get their acting lessons from William Shatner? They always... Talk like.... This. You know? It.... Gets kind of..... Boring.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    I don’t know how anyone could not like it honestly. Physical clenching of the stomach muscles while watching almost everything once the dead universe shows up is a high mark for any show or movie. If a show can physically move me while watching then it’s a win from me.

I am a bit of a snob when it comes to my entertainment. I go out of my way to watch more art house films that attract my interest and other outliers that can challenge the regular viewer. Not saying Earthrise was the end all of great shows just saying that with the very high marks it had easily pushed it into a very great watch territory.

The emotions and actions these characters had to go through were huge and I can’t imagine a viewer who can’t see the gravity of everything that was going on. The weight of a dying planet pressing down on Megatron, forcing him to go against his better judgment (we saw a huge turning point for this character when he went to check out that refinery place!) changing him into something he feels he needs to keep going. There was huge and riveting things here. And this is just a quick example of the weight and strength of this show. I could go on but I firmly stand by a highly recommended.