Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

134 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

Episode 3!
    -Bumblebee...and Optimus...have...a slow talking...conversation. Optimus...is...a boring...moron.
    -At least Bumblebee is reasonably likable now.
    -They looked like they were walking on a hardwood floor for a second. Weird.
    -Wheeljack's voice actor does a great Chris Latta impression. Also, Ratchet is back, and both of them...are doing...a bit of slow talking....too.
    -Nice reference to Nebulos. I don't think the writers have figured out that constant G1 references do not automatically make a good show.
    -Why is everyone...talking...so slowly?
    -That being said, while I still don't like this Prime, he seems less stupid so far.
    -You WERE a Decepticon, you hypocritical idiot!
    -Why is Elita so concerned about Seekers? They have armor made of tissue paper!
    -Ironhide still has a painfully generic voice.
    -That space bridge design really looks like some of its visuals were borrowed from Prime.
    -Optimus...is the..slowest....talker...in the....universe.
    -Bumblebee is enjoyable. Optimus is not...although hearing him say "Sometimes you have to blow scrap up" was kind of funny. (It would've worked better had he not been talking so slowly when he said it.)
    -The Seekers still have their flashlights.
    -Seriously, why are the Autobots so concerned about the Seekers? They always lose.
    -Both Elita and Blue Reflector (for now, Beflector) are actually making reasonable arguments, even if Elita's concern about the Seekers is a bit overblown.
    -There are female Seekers? What an interesting idea for a better show!
    -Jetfire is a hypocrite and a downer. What fun.
    -Optimus' slow-talking is seriously reaching ridiculous proportion. He says every line as though he's announcing some great epic act.
    -Why are there two Six-Guns (or red Cogs?)
    -Wheeljack talks technobabble. That makes me happy. I'm equally happy that his plan involves explosions and that he seems super excited about it.
    -Hey, look. A 1986 movie reference. Whee. (At least it's a reference to a more obscure line.)
    -Hahaha, I love how nervous Sideswipe is about Wheeljack's explosive device.
    -Wow, this planet (Nebulos) is gorgeous.
    -Optimus'...stupid...slow-talking....continues.
    -Six-Gun/red Cog gets a line.
    -RIP Red Cog/Six-Gun. We barely knew ye.
    -Scorponok is disappointingly small. And has a stupid voice.
    -Hey, look! It's Red Mirage!
    -The Reflector clones are seriously the best part of this show. There's so many of them, and they're all adorable.
    -Why would anyone listen to Megatron and Shockwave telling them to come to Kaon? They've already murdered loads of their own army; you'd have to be pretty dim not to figure out what's going on here.
    -See, Beflector knows what's up. Also, there's something hilariously weird (yet charming) about the Autobots and a bunch of Decepticon grunts teaming up to save other Decepticon grunts (and possibly some Autobots, but we haven't really seen any other than the main ones) from Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, and an army of Seekers made of tissue paper.
    -Why wouldn't you guys be in? You've been freeing Decepticons from...other Decepticons....since the beginning of the show!
    -This is one of the worst advertisements for Scorponok I can imagine.
    -Wow, this planet is so pretty!
    -Scorponok is really hard to understand.
    -Mirage's illusion powers return. His confidence in this Prime seems ill-placed.
    -And Optimus just knocked Scorponok down a shaft. RIP stupid, tiny Scorponok.
    -Never mind, he's back...and now he's in robot mode. He seems less tiny now, but the things he's saying aren't actually making any more sense.
    -The plot that's following Optimus Prime is really confused and disjointed.
    -And Optimus' voice is getting worse.
    -Megatron's obsession has reverted back to Optimus know that he's knows he's alive. And he's making EVEN MORE G1 references!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Longitudinalwave

Episode 4
    -Optimus' voice is so bad! He's not slow-talking anymore, but he sounds more like a bad Peter Cullen impression than ever.
    -Scorponok's head seems a bit too large for his body.
    -Optimus is a useless loser with a horrible voice. It's so incredibly terrible.
    -Shoot, Bumblebee! Optimus is no great loss!
    -Seriously, Megatron, you can have him. Just go away so we don't have to see you two anymore.
    -This is such a weird, boring take on Scorponok.
    -This is the worst Optimus voice in any show. Energon Optimus sounded leagues better than this!
    -Oh, hey, there, Ravage and Soundwave. Nice to see you!
    -Optimus, you sound stupid...and stop trying to reason with Megatron. He's gone off the deep end both morally and mentally.
    -Megatron's easily defeated Optimus yet AGAIN!
    -Optimus, WHY are you trying to reason with this Megatron? Why are you such a useless moron?
    -Scorponoks are a race now? Why? What does this have to do with anything? Why is Scorponok in this show?
    -WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
    -Thanks for the technobabble explanation, Wheeljack. Your voice isn't as good as it was last episode, but you're still fun.
    -Oh, no. Optimus isn't dead. We were so close!
    -WHY ARE YOU UNBURYING MEGATRON?
    -Oh, hi there again, Ravage.
    -Starscream continues to be his wonderfully hateful self. He's 100% G1 cartoon Screamer, and it's great.
    -Megatron bleeds pink paint.
    -"Is...something...funny?" Your stupid voice is funny.
    -Why are you helping him? Why are you such a moron? Why is Optimus such a useless idiot?
    -WHAT IS HAPPENING?
    -This...conversation...is so...laughably...bad. It's making me crack up, but I don't think that was what the showwriters intended.
    -Will one of you just kill the other? Or better yet, can you both kill each other off?
    -"Help! Me and my BFF/worst enemy are trapped in here!"
    -WHAT IS HAPPENING? I usually like Optimus/Megatron teamups, but this one is just so STUPID!
    -There's being an idealist, and there's being a moron. Megatron should not have to tell Optimus to kill him. Ever.
    -WHAT IS GOING ON? WHAT IS THIS? THIS IS THE WORST OPTIMUS/MEGATRON DYNAMIC EVER!
    -Why are you teaming up with this genocidal madman who kills his own men?
    -Wow...that scream was...something else, Megatron.
    -Hi, Soundwave, Ravage, Starscream, and Reflector. I'm so glad to have at least a FEW characters acting normally.
    -In a better show, that scene could've been dramatic (though I did like Soundwave coming over to help Megatron). After that cringeworthy Optimus/Megatron conversation, though, it's just...there.
    -Starscream's still great, though.
    -Can we please, please, PLEASE stop referencing the 1986 movie?
    -Okay, Megatron shutting down Starscream by shooting him in the face, then saying "He'll be back." made me laugh.
    -Scorponok from nowhere!
    -I usually love these kind of team-ups....but this one is just so poorly set-up!
    -"Aim for the head!" No duh, Sherlock. That moment kind of reminded me of Headmasters, in which we learned that...Galvatron's weak point was his head! Who would've thought?
    -Oh, so Ravage sniffing Starscream to see if he's dead, then getting thrown off him, is now a running gag, albeit not as funny as it as probably supposed to be.
    -Wheeljack's reaction to Optimus telling him to repair Megatron is the same as mine.
    -It sure was convenient that those green ropes were just lying around so that Optimus could ride Scorponok like a horse.
    -Megatron is betraying Optimus. Curse his sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    -"I'm gonna kill you!" "You're like the Quintessons!" "Forget killing you, I need to go on a rant about being a slave!" Wha?
    -Scorponok has finally become somewhat coherent...but he's just so random. Why is he here? What does he have to do with anything?
    -Does your idea involve explosions? They usually do.
    -Oh, he turned off the artificial gravity, causing everybody to float through the air in a slightly goofy fashion.
    -WHY? HE TRIED TO KILL YOU!!! YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST OPTIMUS PRIME EVER!
    -Starscream is the only character whose actions are making any sense. Though he scheme is just one more aspect of an already hideously bloated and confusing plot.
    -I don't know where you are, and frankly, I don't care.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Longitudinalwave

Episode 5
    -Hi, there, Alpha Trion. Your cape sure looks like it's made of fabric.
    -Random Sky Lynx is random.
    -They...both...talk...really...slowly. And Sky Lynx is acting far more like Grimlock than like Sky Lynx.
    -Alpha Trion can open portals in space-time and banish people? Wha?
    -Just what this show needed. ANOTHER random, confusing plot element.
    -Optimus is back to slow talking.
    -Seriously, this plot seems much more fitting for Grimlock than Sky Lynx.
    -The show has to be REALLY confusing for non-fans to watch. "The Dead Universe" and "the staff of Solus" are both things that only die-hard fans would be likely to know about, and they're just dropped into the plot with very little build-up or explanation.
    -Also, Alpha Trion banished someone to the Dead Universe? That seems...at least a bit morally questionable, doesn't it?
    -And now it's time for a random trippy vision! I think.
    -WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT IS GOING ON?
    -Seriously, why does Sky Lynx think Optimus is worthy of the Matrix? He's an incompetent moron!
    -Sure you will, Optimus. Sure you will.
    -This...conversation....is....so....."EPIC".
    -Starscream! YAY!
    -Megatron beating up Starscream! YAY!!!
    -Oh, Starscream, never change.
    -Barricade is still boring and pointless. Megatron is still super obsessed with Optimus. In other words, business as usual.
    -BUGGA BUGGA WHA?
    -It's PS2 Galvatron from nowhere!
    -Seriously, Alpha Trion, it's pretty messed up to stick a guy in a place like that.
    -We...are...very...serious....and ponderous...
    -And now we're getting into some random mumbo-jumbo about the power of thought and fate and stuff. It's really weird.
    -Seriously, this is so ludicrous. Sky Lynx is not the type of character who works well as a serious, brooding type.
    -And now Galvatron and Megatron are fighting. It makes no sense, but at least it's more entertaining than watching Optimus...and Sky Lynx...talk....like....this.
    -Never mind, now they're talking...like...this...about...destiny...too.
    -I think of myself as an optimist. I love redemption arcs. But this one is a very poor fit for Sky Lynx.
    -And now we have a random, but very pretty, shot of Saturn for no readily apparent reason.
    -Apparently Sky Lynx is a Jedi now.
    -Flashback time! Because we needed EVEN MORE plot in this already random, overcrowded story.
    -Okay, I officially have no idea what's happening anymore.
    -I don't understand!
    -Hey, look! ANOTHER 1986 movie reference! I'm a big fan of the 86 movie...but SERIOUSLY?
    -Nemesis Prime? Why? What? I don't understand anything anymore....
    -No, he can't. He's an incompetent with a stupid voice.
    -This show has as many trippy visions in one episode as Beast Wars and Beast Machines had in their entire run.
    -Galvatron's model is still really bad looking.
    -No, the other Matrix.
    -I think both Megatron and Galvatron have the same voice.
    -Galvatron is Emperor Palpatine; Sky Lynx is Yoda. Got it. What does this have to do with anything that happened earlier?
    -WHAT A TWIST! Megatron and Galvatron are the same guy! And he's enslaved to what's obviously Unicron! What a surprise!
    -If Sky Lynx tells Optimus to light our darkest hour, I will throw something at the wall.
    -Seriously, when did this become Star Wars?
    -Megatron is powering the Nemesis with the power of BURNING JUSTICE!
    -RIP, Sky Lynx. You deserved better.
    -Hey, look! Unicron! AND MORE 86 MOVIE REFERENCES!
    -And a Beast Wars reference? At least that's a bit more unexpected.
    -Man, there was no logical reason for Galvatron to be in this plot.
    -Hey, look! Earth's finally shown up in Earthrise! It only took 5/6 of the show!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 273 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    This is absolutely hilarious.

These are 100% true. This is the worst attempt at making Optimus prime flawed. He has the IQ of a carrot, hell even bumblebee toy can lead the autobots better than he can View attachment 28906324

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Longitudinalwave

Episode 6!
    -Oh, hi, Cog.
    -You've only JUST NOW figured out that you should probably kill Megatron?!
    -Why is Bumblebee smarter than Optimus?
    -And now we're back to MTMTE Part 1 references.
    -SOUNDWAVE! EEEE!
    -And here comes the fight on the Ark before they crashland into a volcano on Earth.
    -Wow, Starscream is painfully incompetent.
    -Optimus' voice. Uuuugh.
    -SHOOT HIM ALREADY!!!!
    -Stop monologuing and just SHOOT HIM!
    -Cog plays the role of Hot Rod from the 1986 movie....and then dies. Well, that was pointless. RIP Cog.
    -At least Starscream's still fun.
    -Doubledealer? Where's he been all this time?
    -He's not on either side. It's kind of in his name. At least he's been consistent.
    -See? THIS is how logical Autobot/Decepticon teamups should go. It's not that complicated!
    -Oh, thank goodness. We're finally back on Cybertron.
    -I just now figured out that Shockwave has probably been left behind on Cybertron (as per G1).
    -Elita One is WAY smarter than Optimus.
    -Shockwave's appearance behind Elita is actually a decent kind of jump scare. Although I have no idea when he had time to find/ invent cloaking tech. It is kind of cool to get to see him and Elita fight one another, though.
    -Oh, for pete's sake! You sound like two kindergartners having a playground fight!
    -SOUNDWAVE! EEEEE!!!
    -Oh, Doubledealer's going to be the reason the Ark crashes on Earth!
    -Oh, hey there, Bug Bite and not-Wheeljack. And...RIP Bug Bite and Not-Wheeljack. That was totally necessary for the ongoing plot.
    -Seriously, this Elita One/Shockwave fight is way more fun than the Optimus/Megatron fight.
    -This is actually really cool! It's well choreographed, their voice actors don't suck, and they aren't just monologuing at each other.
    -RIP Chromia. If you actually had done anything, you would be mssed.
    -Oh, hey, Spinister. Guess you really didn't die in Siege.
    -ANOTHER 86 movie reference? WHY????
    -Optimus is such a moron.
    -Yay! Megatron's stealing the Matrix! Maybe we'll get lucky and the Matrix will kill him!
    -What?????? Deseus? WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING?
    -Her using Doubledealer as a puppet is creepy, but this is just so random.
    -At least Wheeljack is cool.
    -Oh, hey, Cog's still alive! Cool!
    -That slab Elita's on was clearly borrowed from Prime, too.
    -For someone who deleted his own emotions, Shockwave sure is angry about being interrupted.
    -I love Cog! He's gonna die, isn't he?
    -Elita is great. I like her so much better than Optimus.
    -I guess Chromia wasn't dead...but it sure seems like kind of a jerk move for her to shoot Flywheels after Flywheels helped them earlier.
    -Is Spinister dead now? I'd assume so, but then I thought he died in Siege and he came back from that, so who knows?
    -Oh, no. Not Optimus and Megatron! Go back to Elita and Shockwave and the Reflectors!
    -I'm just tuning out everything they say at this point.
    -STOP MONOLOGUING AND JUST KILL HIM!
    -Nice save, Bumblebee! Maybe you should be Autobot leader. Anyone would be better than Optimus.
    -Are the Decepticons still on the Ark, or did they leave?
    -There are so many Autobots who have no purpose in this show.
    -That's what I figured. RIP Cog and Doubledealer.
    -Earth looks pretty, too.
    -DINOBOT! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    -Wow, they sure left the Cybertron plot (which at this point is the only one I care about) on a cliffhanger, didn't they?

Thanks. :D 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who felt nothing positive when they showed Dinobot at the end? Like if anything I just dread how badly they’re going to screw him up, too. (And the other BW characters)

I really can’t understand with the “I saw something familiar and I clapped!” mentality this show banks on. It’s like the “member berries” thread. I’ve seen Transformers plenty of times, if all I was looking for were familiar faces and the same cliched lines repeated, I’d just watch the old cartoons.

• Like Like x 13
  7. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

NO YOU ARE NOT! I have been dreading Kingdom for a while now because I know the Beast Wars characters are about to be mangled beyond recognition. Earthrise has just confirmed my suspicions beyond a shadow of a doubt. My only hope is that only one or two Beast Wars characters show up.

• Like Like x 8
  8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

It's almost like the writers didn't care about Jetfire's arc from Siege. Wait, no - that's exactly what happened.
    And yes, Earthrise Exhaust is the visual manifestation of how much this show just. doesn't. care.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Longitudinalwave

My nostalgia brain is strong, so I did geek out for a few seconds when I saw him...but I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing what they do with him. Although I can't imagine how they could possibly make a WORSE show than Earthrise.

In speaking of Earthrise, I guess I should probably go ahead and do a wrap-up review post of the series as a whole.
    I felt like the Cybertron plot, where Elita's team of Autobots teamed up with the adorably hapless Reflectors to fight Megatron and Shockwave, was actually pretty decent. It wasn't perfect by a long shot, and Jetfire was really, REALLY annoying, but on the whole, that part of the plot was a solid 6.5/10.

The problems came with...all of the rest of the show. There was a lot of humor in Earthrise, but most of it was unintentional. Things just kept happening, and the plot was very random and disjointed. There were too many villains and way too much going on all at the same time. Sky Lynx and Scorponok were poorly handled and didn't really fit the roles in which they had been placed. Deseus, the Quintesson, didn't have clear motivations and acted inconsistently. Galvatron just showed up, and subsequently just vanished, with no apparent rhyme or reason. Everything felt like it was happening both too quickly and too slowly at the same time, which is an impressive feat. They referenced G1, and particularly the 1986 movie, to a ludicrously excessive degree. Many of the Autobots seemed almost wholly irrelevant to the plot.

But ultimately, the show's biggest failing was its handling of Optimus Prime and Megatron. This show had the worst Optimus and Megatron of any show (even what I've seen from the Prime Wars Trilogy!) Neither one was interesting or likable in the slightest, and they both made things worse almost every time they were onscreen. What's more, their inability to kill one another was very, VERY frustrating. They were so bad it was both almost painful and actually kind of funny.

I can also honestly say I've never been more confused by a Transformers show in my life. Starting about midway through episode 3, it felt like things just stopped making sense. Overall, the non-Cybertron portions of Earthrise are a 2/10 if you're watching them straight, but a 10/10 if you're watching them ironically. It's one of the unintentionally funniest things I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    IT BROKE NEW GROUND!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Longitudinalwave

They did!
    [​IMG]
    Not consistently, mind you, but they did!

• Like Like x 8
  12. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

Not really feeling it for Kingdom cartoon... considering they have to bring the BW characters, they need a ton of new models, and Rooster Teeth makes shit when it has to do that (for WFC).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 273 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Is it just me or does galvatron look a lot more chubby?

14. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    You'd think decepticon #178 would be like "these showers don't sound so cool, imma head out." It's not like they're known to be universally loyal...

Overall, I guess I liked it. A step in the right direction. Everything was very C+ across the board, though. Much dark, so edge. nobody transforms and it felt like maybe 11 unique transformers in the whole thing. The voice acting ranges from passing to terribad. The plot ran like the last couple seasons of dexter. Oh look, here's a potential, interesting story angle. Allow me to ruin it for you. I love Sky Lynx to death and squealed when he showed up. Now let's go on a spiritual journey, leading to some standoffs, some Mexican, some not.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Bet Dinobot is a Predacon for four episodes and then switches sides and dies in episode 5 doing something heroic any other character could have done

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Assuming he doesn't just get ganked by Bumblebee half-way into episode 1.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    See, I'm of the opinion that BW Megatron and Primal will kill each other, Dinobot gives a speech that isn't even all that good (and is, of course, delivered at three words per second) and then all of the Maximals and Predacons decide "oh cool we should follow him now" if that Golden Disk card is anything to go by.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PGaither84

PGaither84 Just a guy

NOTE: I had a well thought out reply and my phone decided to refresh the page and I lost everything. So,after the deflating loss of what I wrote, here are the bullet points.

• I watched the show this morning and was very disappointed.
    • There were multiple opportunities for good ideas and characters that were just wasted.
    • It was a forgettable mess. I have no desire to rewtch any of it and just finished it because of the sink cost fallacy. I also wish I could watch on 1.5x or even 2x speed. They speak so slowly, it is painful.

Netflix has shown the ability to create good shows when they care. This felt more like a business deal where Netflix gets a cut of toy sales and all they have to do is make something on their end, so they put as little effort in writing and direction as humanly possible.

• Like Like x 6
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    That or they straight up rip off Armada Starscream sacrificing himself to reveal the threat of Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    "A deed once done cannot be undone... but I am a warrior still. There is nothing to regret. EUUUUUUAHHHHH-" *fires eye lasers at Scourge*

• Like Like x 8