Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Bet Dinobot is a Predacon for four episodes and then switches sides and dies in episode 5 doing something heroic any other character could have done

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Assuming he doesn't just get ganked by Bumblebee half-way into episode 1.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    See, I'm of the opinion that BW Megatron and Primal will kill each other, Dinobot gives a speech that isn't even all that good (and is, of course, delivered at three words per second) and then all of the Maximals and Predacons decide "oh cool we should follow him now" if that Golden Disk card is anything to go by.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PGaither84

PGaither84 Just a guy

NOTE: I had a well thought out reply and my phone decided to refresh the page and I lost everything. So,after the deflating loss of what I wrote, here are the bullet points.

• I watched the show this morning and was very disappointed.
    • There were multiple opportunities for good ideas and characters that were just wasted.
    • It was a forgettable mess. I have no desire to rewtch any of it and just finished it because of the sink cost fallacy. I also wish I could watch on 1.5x or even 2x speed. They speak so slowly, it is painful.

Netflix has shown the ability to create good shows when they care. This felt more like a business deal where Netflix gets a cut of toy sales and all they have to do is make something on their end, so they put as little effort in writing and direction as humanly possible.

• Like Like x 6
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That or they straight up rip off Armada Starscream sacrificing himself to reveal the threat of Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    "A deed once done cannot be undone... but I am a warrior still. There is nothing to regret. EUUUUUUAHHHHH-" *fires eye lasers at Scourge*

• Like Like x 8
  7. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Yeah that'd be great, ruin the childhoods of two generations of fans in one fell swoop.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The only real positive I had with the Dinobot reveal was how much nicer the animation on him was compared to the other models in these shows so far.

I'm not expecting ANYTHING good out of the BW stuff. And if I get proven wrong I'll be more than happy to eat that crow but at this point I highly doubt that'll happen with the quality so far.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really going to be thrown off when I hear the beast cast speak in different voices for the first time (I doubt Netflix will get most if any of the original cast since they didn't get Welker or Cullen who wanted to come back because of costs). POTP probably prepared me a bit for Primal due to Ron Perlman sounding like he literally couldn't give a shit either due to miss-casting or the voice direction, but the others will be something on first hearing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

Thinking on it, of all the Autobots Prowl really didn't get anything to do. Ratchet got technobabble, Ironhide was nominally the 2nd in command, Arcee is the token girl on the main Autobots team (and was involved in some of the action, I think?), while Hound, Mirage, and Sideswipe at least got action scenes. Prowl got nothing.

Also, I forget, is Cliffjumper still on Cybertron? I think the last time saw him was when communication was shorted out with his group of Autobots. Or was he part of the Ark evacuation? Did we get an off-screen Cliffjumper death?
    I thought the CG on his dino mode looked good. I'm not sure what that means for the Maximals but Beast Wars Megatron is probably going to look good too.
    Isn't Kingdom Dinobot a Predacon?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

Last we saw him Cliffjumper was at an Autobot outpost hit by Shockwave's virus, we never saw him die. He'd still be on Cybertron, since there was never a chance for him to board the Ark. But at this point, he's probably dead.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not taking about the CGI, I just meant I felt no positive emotions seeing my beloved childhood character make his return to animated media because of the lingering disappointment of Earthrise overall and the imminent dread that he'll simply be butchered like the rest of the character personalities in this show.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Necromaster

News Credits:
    I felt something approaching relief when I saw actual goddamn color when they panned down to Earth's surface. Does that count as positive emotion?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

At this point, it's probably the best you'll get.

• Like Like x 3
  15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just finished Earthrise...got through it a lot faster than I did Siege and found it much easier to watch. Overall these are still very reminiscent of the Prime Wars Trilogy shows as far as the pacing and dialogue go...I’m enjoying them more, though. The characters still don’t seem alive...hopefully that improves in the next installment.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Has anyone who seen this show actually liked it? Even the casual reviewers I am seeing aren't even liking it, so that makes you wonder, if even the easy going masses don't like this, how bad must this show be, but more importantly HOW BAD WILL THE NEXT SHOW BE.

THINK ABOUT IT
    They didn't even put that much money or effort into this series, imagine a series with less funding and less effort because of reduced toy sales and general unpopularity. Hell, I'm seeing that a lot of people didn't even know it came out. God, I don't even want to imagine how bad the next show could be.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  19. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:

Jeremy Jahns Did his review. Normally I don't care too much but it's interesting to hear a more casual fan give a report and pretty much thinks much the same as everyone else.

I think over compressed describes these shows pretty well. It's called Earthrise but it barely features Earth and already they are skipping to beast wars.

If this was a properly produced show with an animation budget and 26 episodes per season it would've had more potential.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

It occurs to me that, in terms of pacing, Siege and Earthrise are opposites of each other.

Siege is an hour of plot stretched out to fill two hours.

Earthrise is 16 hours of plot compressed into two hours.

• Like Like x 9