Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

224 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

135 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    They can't even come up with enough content to properly fill 6 episode seasons. How much more would they drag things out to fill 12 episodes?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

There is more than enough material to fill up 10 seasons with 26 episodes a season. So much has been glossed over and barely touched at all. You could spend an entire season or 2 just covering Megatron's origins while simultaneously showing Orion Pax's rise to Optimus Prime. That novel Transformers: Exiles by Alex Irvine would be a great place to start.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon "It's all right, I'm an emergency vehicle!"

Watching this in a Netflix party with friends made this alot more bearable to watch, occasionally we switched dubs for fun. The show managed to cram in the Mercenary faction, Quintessions, Unicron, and the Dead Universe without any of it feeling eventful. Deseeus started out interesting, then he killed off the interesting parts of himself. Sky Lynx's backstory was interesting, but his VA somehow made a space bird-dragon sound boring, and then got killed off. I was rooting for Cog, then he got killed off. Skytread was cool, then he got killed off. The Cybertron scenes felt like it should've happened during Siege, I liked Megatron's conflicting feelings about shutting down sectors, and maybe a race to launch both the Nemesis and the Ark in Siege might have been a better plotline than Earthrise (Where it seems like the Nemesis suddenly caught up after Doubledealer messaged Cybertron)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thing is, none of the others were in favor of the Autobots here.
    Theres no reasoning behind whag happened.

5. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

That's the thing - I've watched a good portion of Cyberverse and I didn't hate him in that - I really think it's that he's pushing so hard to sound like Cullen/G1 Prime. Combine that with the writing and poor voice direction and here we are.

I think they dropped plenty of themes and story opportunities here that would satisfactorily fill out a 12 episode season - that's another problem with this show; they drop all of this mythology and character/story ideas only to gloss over/kill them in like, two minutes - I also think not rushing through them would have also given the writers a chance to, you know, figure out that some of these ideas didn't work and drop them entirely. I think that with normal-paced/natural, well written dialogue and a better fleshed out universe there would have been a much better show.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I too find him to be decent in Cyberverse, especially in the later seasons. For example, if you skip to where Prime shows up in this episode (timestamp 5:32), he sounds fine for the most part. For whatever reason, he's extra awful in WFC. I blame the voice direction more than anything.

• Like Like x 3
  7. shockwave2005

Yep. I think it mainly has to do with the writers/showrunners/voice directors thinking that in order for this show to be appealing to older audiences, it must be as gritty as possible, have everyone be as intense as possible, speak as slow as possible, and cover up whatever fun there is with as much dread as possible.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

This show is filled with a lot of good ideas and pretty poor follow-through. If this really is made by Rooster Teeth, that's basically their M.O. and I'm not surprised.

You only need to go as far as the Judge cutting off four of his faces to know this wasn't going to end well. Just WHY would you self-mutilate a character like that unless you REALLY can't think of how to write a creature with five personalities? (hint: don't)

• Like Like x 4
  9. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Precisely my point. It isn't that there isn't enough material for the time, it's that these writers can't fill even 6 episodes with it. Bob Forward and Larry DiTillo could have done two 26 episode seasons with these story ideas easily. But giving the WFC writers more time to work with wouldn't help because they can't even use the time they have now effectively.

No amount of material would be enough for these writers to use the time effectively, because the writers' lack of skill is the issue.

• Like Like x 4
  10. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What happened with the rating change? Siege was Tv14 and Earthrise was Y-7

11. DinobotPrime

DinobotPrime Well-Known Member

I was confused by that as well. I thought Earthrise was darker with like Megatron talking to Magnus’s severed head and Deseeus cutting their faces off, but Seige had a swore so TV-14?

• Like Like x 1
  12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    After watching the 6th episode of Earthrise, the main takeaway I got was the sheer amount of "ho-yay" tension between Optimus and Megatron in this series is just insane.

133462333_841259093364485_2507069473524125499_o.jpg

I especially like the scene where Optimus and Megatron attempt to pounds on each other so hard that Optimus yells "SAY YOU FORGIVE ME!!".

• Like Like x 3
  13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I had kind of a busy new year's, so I just now got around to finish watching the Earthrise episodes last night. I feel like this series has potential, but man hearing Jake (whatever his name is) as Optimus is just absolutely cringeworthy at times. I can't figure out if it's the writing or if it's him reading the lines that's the problem, but my lord it comes off really rough.

14. shockwave2005

Ah. Gotcha. I see your point.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I'm terrified to know how much slower the dialogue would be if they stretched the runtime out further.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

At that point, they'd probably do like Evangelion did when that show ran out of budget and just leave the camera on. Lingering shots of no one doing or saying anything, just standing there.

17. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    who else never transforms? mirage, wheejack, bumblebee, elita-1, arcee, reflector, impactor, soundwave, shockwave, ultra magnus, or any of their model reuses (which there are probably hundreds of by now lol). it's crazy. this show had no budget or effort put into it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, this series is a bad joke played on the fans. It would be nice for someone who actually gives a shit to do a Transformers series.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lola

Lola Soap

IDW1 phase 2 in a nutshell.

Or rather hasbro does'nt want to give them, wich is weird considering they don't have any movies or TVShows to finance instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Lola

Lola Soap

Monty's animation were great. Problem is he finished action scenes without telling the writing staff, so they had to somehow bend the story to service the action and not the other way around as it normaly should be.
    Half of the episode were unnecessary and forgetable, introduced nothing new and did'nt service the story (well to be fair most of these were from season 1 and a few were from season 3). Season 2 thou was phenomenal, and the good parts of S1 and S2 were great.

• Like Like x 1