Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I'm terrified to know how much slower the dialogue would be if they stretched the runtime out further.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

At that point, they'd probably do like Evangelion did when that show ran out of budget and just leave the camera on. Lingering shots of no one doing or saying anything, just standing there.

3. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    who else never transforms? mirage, wheejack, bumblebee, elita-1, arcee, reflector, impactor, soundwave, shockwave, ultra magnus, or any of their model reuses (which there are probably hundreds of by now lol). it's crazy. this show had no budget or effort put into it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan

Yeah, this series is a bad joke played on the fans. It would be nice for someone who actually gives a shit to do a Transformers series.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lola

Lola Soap

IDW1 phase 2 in a nutshell.

Or rather hasbro does'nt want to give them, wich is weird considering they don't have any movies or TVShows to finance instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Lola

Lola Soap

Monty's animation were great. Problem is he finished action scenes without telling the writing staff, so they had to somehow bend the story to service the action and not the other way around as it normaly should be.
    Half of the episode were unnecessary and forgetable, introduced nothing new and did'nt service the story (well to be fair most of these were from season 1 and a few were from season 3). Season 2 thou was phenomenal, and the good parts of S1 and S2 were great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats G1 in a nutshell. 70% of G1 was filler.
    Im thinking that if the reason Bee and Arcee/Elita dont transform is because they didnt have cad files available then they shouldnt have been used. We had no shortage of toy charecters from siege that could have been used and cut out those 3 and boost chromias usage. So much of the logic behind this show is baffling. Who did we get new in Earthrise? Doubledealer and Quint? They couldn't even make this show properly tie into the current toyline

• Like Like x 5
  8. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure bumblebee being in it was a hasbros mandate. Arcee I dont know about...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Just saw Earthrise.
    This serie is getting bad.
    Were they saving cost of Siege?
    There was no Arcee and no Ironhide in Siege.
    And now suddenly they show up.
    It's like G1 s2 all over again.
    They show up without any explanation.
    At least if they had them in Siege, then we understand that they were there.
    I think there were more characters just showing up. These 2 are the ones i can remember the easiest.
    I bet Ultra Magnus will suddenly be alive on earth in Kingdom. While here we see his head on a table on Cybertron.

Also massshifting is happening again.
    Why is Wheeljack smaller then Arcee?
    They should be same size or half head smaller.
    But they made Wheeljack into Bumblebee size.

And Megatron talking in slowmotion, i'm getting sick of it.
    Probably to fill up time.

Alpha trion is in the show but we don't get a toy of him.

Also lots of parts we have to fill it in with our own mind.
    No explanation or anything and the next scene is about something else. And the last scene don't continue.

I will watch Kingdom when it's here.
    But i can say this, I'm not enjoying this serie as much as i thought i would.
    Just finish it quick, since netflix wants to save cost.

10. Rojixus

Arcee and Ironhide were in Siege though.

• Like Like x 5
  11. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

YouTube (Legacy):
    Earthrise is 5/10. The story constantly makes me wonder, what the hell just happened? At least Energon had story, and you know how much I hate that show.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tahjn2002

tahjn2002 Well-Known Member

My biggest nitpick upon a single viewing of Earthrise was that Galvy and Lynx were only in one episode and were essentially macguffins for that episode.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

I tried my best to enjoy Earthrise, I went back and watched Siege after watching it to refresh, then watched Earthrise again and honestly it's just abysmal. The voice acting and direction were somehow even worse this season, the only decent ones being Bee and Megatron, and of course a stellar performance again from Todaro's Starscream. The plot was awful, every Autobot that isn't Optimus, Bee, or the fembots sounds lifeless and exactly the same, save Jetfire who still sounds like a 70 year old smoker. It's just plain bad. At least Siege was fun at some points.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's exactly why. Using the toy CAD files wasn't an artistic take to bring the toys alive or whatever they made up. They had to use the CAD files to stay within budget. I'm convinced the show had the same budget as the Machinima series and the reason WFC looks slightly better is due to them not having to model new designs (aside from a few who aren't even rigged to transform) and instead using that budget for the animation (which honestly still looks drab and boring to me).
    They were in there. Though, honestly, I don't remember when Arcee showed up and you probably forgot Ironhide was even in it as he doesn't sound anything like him.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So dont use them. The show is suppose to be fucking transformers. And thats on hasbro if they demanded Bee is in it but didnt have a cad file available. Bee is their cash cow and he is ONLY in the walmart line of repaints. Fucks sake if that makes any sense. If you want to rerelease something in kingdom, thats a FAR better pick than arcee or wheeljack

• Like Like x 2
  16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    So something that just occurred to me about Kingdom, given how this story's going, is that one of the big moments in it is suddenly very obvious once you think a bit about it and the toyline. I'm sure plenty guessed it by Siege even so I doubt this is new:

The allspark's gonna grant life to the Ark at some point in Kingdom's climax and turn the tides against the Decepticons/Predacons/Unicron/Whoever.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Rojixus

She was there to help Bumblebee steal those energon cubes from Soundblaster.

• Like Like x 4
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, it isn’t. They could’ve easily made up a Cybertronian alt mode for him, not like he should logically have a VW mode nor is his robot mode even accurate to that toy.

It is pure and simple laziness that the characters don’t transform. A complete lack of artistic integrity.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

Does anyone know how long RoosterTeeth’s contract with Hasbro is?

If I remember correctly, once Kingdom releases, they’ll have done 2 complete Transformers series. And both, of course, have so far been overall metric ass. I’ve already decided that the POTP trilogy is significantly better than this. I’m sorry. At least it’s entertaining, and I’m not just slugging through it because I got cursed to be a Transformers fan.

I honestly would have loved Power of the Primes, more than just enjoy Megatron’s fantastic portrayal, if Windblade made like Victorion and got murdered. I have no problem with Windblade as a whole, but her voice acting and writing in the trilogy were so putrid. Hi I’m Windblade!!!!! I’m important!!!!! But even with a lack of a Windblade murder scene, the POTP season was solid. The first 2 were definitely ass outside of Megatron though. I do like Overlord’s VA, had some real personality to him. Can’t say the same for anybody not named Jason Marnocha in all of WFC. I would say that the VAs doing Deeseus were solid, but then it just became one person lol (who was still good don’t get me wrong).

And the final dagger is that POTP is 100% free to watch and doesn't require a Netflix subscription. Why is premium content worse?

I honestly don’t know if a different studio can do better with Hasbro’s general mandates and directives. Prime and Animated may have been flawed, but man, they were significantly more entertaining than this. I don’t why I keep coming back to this thread to rant. I’m just disappointed, I guess. It’s like I’m forever linked to this suffering. Definitely dramatic, but mannnnnn why is it so hard for people to make good, licensed, and actually competent Transformers media?

Prime, Animated, and Beast Wars are shows that you could honestly recommend someone with zero franchise experience to watch, and they could possibly enjoy it. Even the Bay films are slightly enjoyable to the average viewer, much less Bumblebee, which is universally loved. This show literally has zero value to someone who doesn’t like Transformers.

388CF3D4-C30C-488C-A0F2-95FED7DF7A70.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Primal Consequence

Primal Consequence Active Member

I finished watching last night and the second season left me disappointed. I'll echo the sentiment that it feels too short. Siege was good, but felt rushed. Earth rise was basically piss farting around in space with a lack of purpose, and could therefore have been compressed, given we didn't actually do much. I do enjoy some aspects of the characters (Bumblebee, Red Alert) whilst others don't deliver for me. The biggest shortfall being a G1 fan, aside from the fact that rarely do they actually transform, is that it would at present appear as if after 2 "seasons", with 6 episodes to go in "Season" 3, we will now shift directly to beast wars and side step the interaction with mankind, i.e. the original G1.