Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

136 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Hey now that’s not true, Chromia transforms in one episode!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

This problem can be summed up in one scene from Episode 2:
    Optimus Prime tells the Autobots to roll out.
    Optimus Prime, Prowl, Hound, and Sideswipe: transform and drive away.
    Ironhide, Wheeljack, and Mirage: run.
    Arcee and Bumblebee: stand on the back part of Optimus' truck mode while he drives.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack was using his Earthform and Bumblebee and Arcee are a result of the CAD files situation.
    Why in the world Ironhide and Mirage didn't is beyond me. Maybe Polygon Pictures really did get a really low budget compared to Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

The pausing and speech pacing are just.... ugh.

Also- why does Chromia kill SkyTread? He helped them escape prior. And he literally waves in the scope wait wait hey guys I helped you please don’t shoot me and Chromia proceeds to clock right between the eyes. Just kinda bugged me I guess, but only another plot inconsistency among many. Still can’t decide if this is worse or better than the Prime Wars trilogy, but this series doesn’t have that wonderful snarky Megatron sooooooooo.....

• Like Like x 9
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What else did you expect from a show that only has $5 more dollars in its budget than Machinima's trilogy?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
    What the f*ck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Same reason Optimus demands Megatron forgive him right before he's about to murder him, I guess.

• Like Like x 8
  7. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Maybe she wanted it to be more convincing than a punch in the face

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Stryker729

Can’t get accused of treason if you're dead. Certified big brain moment by Chromia.

• Like Like x 8
  9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

What is even more terrible is that the reaction of the rest of the Autobots is, at best, "yeah whatever lets go" :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

Don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit there? It was $3.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stryker729

More composed thoughts: (VA- Voice Actor)

Yeah honestly this show does absolutely nothing for me.

The Prime Wars trilogy was bad, but laughably bad. Some parts of it were just hilarious, and Megatron is pure entertainment.

This show, on the other hand, only offers the weird sexual tension between Prime and Megatron. Everything else is painfully boring, and all the characters are as bland as possible. The only actually eyebrow raising moment was Deeseus going insane and cutting off their faces. Megatron talking to Magnus’s severed head wasn’t bad, and I like how they try to show his internal struggles but goddamn the show is dreadfully dull. Some of the ideas are appealing but execution is awful.

Everything about Scorponok was lame. I swear they just kept milking the model for screentime. The “u r a Quintesson Meggsy” validation speech was more of a “how can we explain the subtext to the viewers because we did a really shitty job of stringing together our themes” type of dialogue. Also, if Scorponok was from a different planet, why does he have a Decepticon symbol smack dab on his chest?

I hated what they did with Sky Lynx. His vanity and arrogance are supposed to be his quirk, not his defining ideology and drive. He isn’t a good character for the role they intended, and the VA wasn’t a good fit.

This complaint carries over from Siege: so many of the characters sound exactly alike. Ironhide, Prowl, Mirage, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Cog feel like they all could have been done by one actor and you wouldn’t notice a significant difference.

Cog’s arc was just pathetic. So he murders the mercenaries in cold blood, even though they saved their lives on Charr, but doesn’t pull the trigger on the homicidal, insane Quintesson. Nice going there dawg. Really showed us Autobot honor and integrity.

Jake Foushee is not a good Optimus Prime. Sorry. No offense intended to his talents as a VA, he just isn’t a good Optimus Prime.

I’m sorry but SAY YOU FORGIVE ME!!!!!! really feels like a sexually repressed cry for help.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Rapidfirestormer

He didn't. It was modified with these... mandible things, on the top and bottom.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stryker729

That’s my bad then, but I’m gunna blame it on the fact that I watched this on my tiny phone and it looked to be a generic con symbol. Must have missed the shot where there was a clear view on it.

But that still begs the question- how does he even seem to acquire a “modified” decepticon symbol? Do the Autobot and Decepticon symbols significantly predate the war, and were perhaps Quintesson identification badges?

Also speaking of the Quintessons, that “advanced reasoning” scene was hilariously bad.

Apparently

basic common sense = “advanced reasoning”

sigh.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rapidfirestormer

Don't worry, I didn't notice the difference until episode 4.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive been saying this since Cyberverse but no one listened, and now here we are.
    And this is another thing I'm confused about.
    Is it ever explained WHY Deseus wanted the Autobots dead? First he says he freed the Transformers before the great war from the other Quints, and then suddenly he wants them dead for no reason. Did I miss something?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cant say anything that isnt already said. Jake is a terrible optimus. Forgetable voice that doesnt stand out from the rest of the autobots. For that matter its also a terribly written optimus. Sky lynx and scoponok were wasted. Where was nemesis prime? I mean if youre going to release figures in a Netflix inspired line, they should probably be present. Speaking of which...hey we finally got scrapface at least

17. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

I can't wait for Kingdom to reveal that the whole war started because Optimus never got over Megatron rejecting him and tried to have him killed. Optimus would rather have Megatron dead than see him in the arms of that slut Soundwave*.

*And for the record, Soundwave has a completely professional working relationship with Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possibly the murder face was one that dissented and didnt want them freed?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

So why did Galvatron show Megatron the Golden Disk? Is the plan for Megatron to reconnoiter with Beast Wars Megatron and the Predacons with the Matrix in hand because, if anyone knows about changing the future, it's Beast Wars Megatron?

I guess the plot for Kingdom is going to be the Autobots and Maximals teaming-up to retrieve both the Matrix and Allspark from the joint Decepticon/Predacon alliance. And then maybe Galvatron/Cyclonus shows up as the final boss...maybe? Although it'll be kind of funny if the conflict between the Maximals and Predacons is the same as before except now they've somehow stumbled even more into deep @#$& thanks to time travel than they did before, since not only did they show up at the same spot of the next phase of the Autobot/Decepticon war but the same planet and time where the Allspark is.

I'm assuming with the Maximals we'll get Primal, Cheetor, Rattrap, and maybe Airazor while the Predacons will be Megs, Waspinator, and Blackarachnia. Kingdom Dinobot is a Predacon, right? So I guess he might start out there before maybe becoming the next Jetfire.

20. Skyquake21

Skyquake21 Well-Known Member

But listen guys, if its anything we leaned today is that Red Alert is always alert

• Like Like x 5