Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

136 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pardon me for going against the grain, but I fucking loved Sky Lynx in Earthrise.

• Like Like x 6
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    May I ask why?

3. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

I loved him in theory, I think they really dropped the ball in execution and also cut his story too short.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    "An epic" is giving the people working on this more credit than they deserve, to be blunt...

There are good ideas buried in this series, but what's burying them is so laughable, frustrating and/or tiresome that it's not exactly easy to see this ending any better that the last two entries.

At this point, I have a feeling I'll enjoy Kingdom the most of the three mainly because I'll be going into with very low expectations; And they weren't exactly high for Siege or Earthrise so for those to still be varying level of disappointing still is worrying.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    :D 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anywhere to download this ? I have netflix and I watched it but want to download it and edit the hell out of it to make it work with my households head canon

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I want to see somebody edit it like Combiner Wars: HI I'M WINDBLADE!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 242 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Try using a screen recorder app on a laptop and use IMovie

10. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

was that a thing? Where can I watch that and did they do the same for Titan returns and potp?

11. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

"Oh that's cute, you think you're important!" -Optimus 2016

They have a preview for their Titans return one, but from what I can tell they never uploaded it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love that the creative team gave this conceptually bizarre character, a four-legged space shuttle thing, a redemption arc. For context, I’ve never had any attachment to any previous interpretations of the character. But now, I do. This unique individual thinks he deserves the right to bear the matrix because he’s uniquely powerful, and therefore arrogant. The exile literally forces him to meditate and see life from a different perspective. This weird looking creature, with potential to be seen as the “other” by Cybertronian society was seen as an actual threat by Alpha Trion, almost as if Sky Lynx bought into the idea that he should be feared. Sure, that’s conjecture, but I think there’s enough there hidden deep beneath the subtext, at least for me personally. And honestly, the “other” concept isn’t a necessary reading on the character, but for me it enriches the redemption arc.

Then Alpha Trion does the unthinkable (at least in SL’s mind), he uses real power to banish him. Exiled and alone with his thoughts, it’s clear that he doesn’t want to spend eternity with the person he’s become. Humbled and broken, he sees the error of his ways. I don’t think he’s fully redeemed until he meets Optimus, someone as deeply flawed as Sky Lynx himself. And guess what, he was chosen by the matrix and endorsed by Alpha Trion. Again, Sky Lynx is presented with a new perspective, maybe even from Primus himself. He was meant to find Optimus in the Dead Universe and guide him. In a way, Sky Lynx is just as important as any previous mentor or anyone else influential to Prime.

Sky Lynx wanted power/and or influence in one way, but received it a different way....an unforeseen, but honorable way. I think that’s admirable.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, does anyone else find it really difficult to accept six, twenty minute episodes as an actual season? How in the hell can you call eighteen, twenty minute episodes a series? Heck, even those 90's anime series like Cowboy Beebop and Outlaw Star had 26 episodes. Does it really cost so much that you can't even have 12 episodes a season? I know they're not spending any money on the voice acting. You can't possibly tell any kind of detailed story in these ridiculously limited episodes. Oh yeah, discount Peter Cullen was exceptionally terrible this go around.

• Like Like x 5
  14. hardedge

hardedge Well-Known Member

Earthrise to me felt worse as an arc than Siege, at least in Siege we had a more compelling conflict. The war has torn their planet apart and Megatron lost all his chances at redemption when he felt betrayed by Magnus sic-ing Optimus at the Allspark. Of course we can see Shockwave's there to really lean on him to do the harsher things. I really liked how they tried to carry that over into Earthrise but it all feels undone by how much of a bad protagonist Optimus is. He is so unlikeable in this show.

The Quintesson part of the story somehow felt shoehorned in and Scorponok does not actually present anything to the story than as an obstacle to validate Megs and Prime's conversation and short lived cooperation. It's a storytelling choice that further suffers from the blatant overuse of the Starscream trope (this could REALLY have been handled better). I really feel like had the Scorponok part been omitted or tied more strongly to Deeseus (exploring the Quintesson influence over that Spacebridge issue and such), the story would have felt more cohesive.

I really felt sorry for Cog though, he was just the throwaway Autobot for the story to get a pity scene. Had it been set up earlier, like having him stow-away during their escape from Deeseus and him doing some stealth missions to try and assist the Autobots earlier on, it might have been a more compelling death.

I am still excited about the fact that Beast Wars is part of Kingdom. I don't really have high hopes for it now but I am still looking forward to what they do with this and how this can potentially open a different timeline which they can revisit.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I can't believe people have hope in Kingdom after Siege and Earthrise. You're purposely setting yourself up for disappointment at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "I will kill you now so that billions will not die in your war in the future... But first, please tell me you forgive me, Megatron-senpai!"
    Seriously, this writing, it is worst than most fanfics.
    Did these people forget Optimus is NOT Batman? He is a soldier, and even in this show he has killed Decepticons. Why is he so stupid as to NOT want to kill Megatron, when he literally exterminated 90% of the Autobots already?
    Speaking of Megatron, how did he get off the station before Starscream blew it up? Last we saw he was floating in a chamber with a very angry Scorponok.
    The Dead Universe... methinks the writers do not understand what that place is. They just made it into the Space Odyssey 2001 weird caleidoscope lights dimension. But hey, at least both "sleep mode" and Nemesis Prime show up for 2 seconds. Guess that warrants their toys.
    Sky Lynx is a big waste of character, never transforms, and isn't anything like the old version. Also seems really harsh of Trion to banish him there. I frankly would have expected him to go mad here.

What is the point of Deeseus and the mercenaries, really? Apart from appearing for a little time in the opening and closing of the show they do nothing, and we never even learn why the Quintesson even wanted Optimus and the Autobots caught. Also if we are going with the Quintesson origin here, then how does the Matrix and the Allspark even factor into things? And they are also now all dead so... another big waste of character.
    Same goes for Shockwave and his cons. Never explained why Shockwave is still harvesting Decepticons after the Nemesis is ready - just so he can copy Mirage's invisibility powers (that Mirage never had in this show) for himself and his goons? Are the others OK with them killing every other Con on the planet? And then Chromia just snipes all the remaining Cons and that's that, war over I guess.
    Shockwave is so stupid that despite him and the other cons knowing about the explosives set to detonate, one being placed in his lab while he was there watching invisibly, he doesn't try to defuse them or escape, he just leaves Elita strapped to a table like a Bond villain so she has to use a scalpel to escape. I got flashbacks to Brad Mick's Dreamwave Shockwave, this was that levels of dumb.

Love also how this is called Earthrise when they never even set foot on Earth. This should have been called Siege Chapter 2 or something.

Also, I think I could have gone my life without seeing Megatron's really awkward O-face. :p 
    Megatron o-face.jpg

Are you kidding? I laughed out loud when he basically just rolled along the ground with the legs moving up and down. Clearly the animators never even looked up a real scorpion and how it moves. I mean if they wanted to depict the old 1987 Scorponok's rolling mechanism where his legs move if you roll it on the ground, they succeeded...
    A realistic way would have been if they added joints so the legs can move forward and backward to pull the body along... y'know, like how a REAL scorpion moves.

That sounds exactly like the also terribly dumb IDW Transformers / GI Joe crossover, where the creators purposefully ignored the classic characters' previous lore and went into it with the mindset of a child rediscovering some toys they know nothing about.
    However, this is a toyline made for fans of the G1 characters who have been following these characters since the 1984 cartoon, comic, and any subsequent comic stories from Marvel through Dreamwave to IDW. To basically throw out Sky Lynx's previous characterization (same for Scorponok) and make up some weird new backstory for him is about as disrespectful for the source material as if say, a new DC series would turn Red Tornado into DC's version of Iron Man instead of an elemental spirit meshed with an AI inside a robot body, as he traditionally has been.
    A good writer can reinvent a character but also stays true to its roots - just check Young Justice or Transformers Animated. These Rooster Teeth people, they are not good writers.

Sky Lynx being banished because he looks "weird" makes no sense at all. He has an animal like robot mode. So does Ravage and Steeljaw, so what? And sure they are not in this show but we have many others like Trypticon or heck, Doubledealer himself has an eagle mode.

Forget 26, I mean the Headmasters or Masterforce anime had 45 episodes easily, or 52, I forget. Mind you most of these were run of the mill stories and the overall plot was stretched out, but you got to know the characters.
    And seriously, the "CGI animation is expensive" argument does not stand anymore. Sonic Boom was CGI too and one season had 52 11 minute episodes. RID and Cyberverse was CGI too and they also had far more. I am aware that Rooster Teeth is a small studio, but I assume their limitations are budget related, if Hasbro gave them more money, they would have been able to do a longer show.

Torrents have been up since day 1, just check the usual places.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  17. LiquidEnergon

LiquidEnergon Well-Known Member

Even when Optimus says “transform and roll out” only a few of them do!

The simple action of Autobots actually transforming could have picked up the pace of this series immensely. I was so optimistic in the first episode when Red Alert transformed into his lambo to deliver some bombs...you know...because fast cars driving is exciting. Unfortunately this didn’t happen much the rest of the series.

Why there are no zippy scenes of seekers chasing down cars through Cybertronian highways and tunnel systems was a real big miss.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watched the first 2 episodes of ER and its just....boring. Siege was enough of a slog and this is worse somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I’m on episode 3 of Earthrise and damn this is slow and boring.

Like the movies are junk but they have some good entertaining moments.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    nobody fucking transforms in this. sky lynx, doubledealer, flywheels, spinister, a bunch of relatively unique alt modes and none of them ever transform in 12 episodes, which is 2/3 of the show as a whole. insane.

the quintesson NEUTERS its own gimmick ffs lol

• Like Like x 2