Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

223 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No!

112 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

103 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

136 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

38 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Another example of references that are thrown in "just because".

:lol  adding more failure to the fire

• Like Like x 1
  2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    After watching Siege and Earthrise I have very low expectations for Kingdom whenever that drops.

And what makes it annoying is that the series, so far, has great moments. Megatron's decent from the last bits of compassion he still possessed in both Siege and the start of Earthrise, his connection to Magnus, Prime's desperation for any sort of positive victory, the idea of quintessons being in a constant state of self-debate in order for the whole to reach a decision for every action, etc. It's a lot of great concepts and hell some of them have really good executions.

But...good moments don't make a good series. The dialogue is stilted, slow and poorly delivered, the pacing goes from too slow to too fast at the drop of a hat, the excessive reuse of character models gets more noticeable and lazy-looking by the season, the story's so convoluted and bloated with sub-plots and side stories that it can't juggle it all at once and fails to deliver anything substantial and satisfying in the end as well as causes inconsistencies, Prime and Megatron's relationship is a literal roundabout of the same argument every time they're in a room together, the writing tries too hard to add winks and nods without real meaning, the music is forgettable despite the composer acting like it's a big part of the story's atmosphere...So on, so on, so on...

I went into Siege wanting to enjoy myself and found it just okay at best. I went into Earthrise just wanting it to be better than Siege and was thoroughly disappointed at how some elements somehow got worse the second time.

• Like Like x 5
  3. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

A spot on breakdown of the show :thumb 

4. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

Second episode, it's quality was all over the place.
    The best parts didn't kick off until the second half of the episode, with the Decepticons rioting and Optimus' group making their escape. A slow start, but an ok payoff.

A problem I have with the show is alot of characters sound and talk the same. Voice acting is important when expressing a characters' personality and traits, here no one sounds unique or talks different. No one talks in a way that reflects their character. Besides Optimus, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Soundwave, Elita, Starscream, Megatron and Shockwave, everyone is interchangeable.

Episode 3, was better than the last.
    I like how some of the Decepticons are forming an alliance with the Autobots on Cybertron, and I like the redemption arc. Even if Impactor had one last season, and Jetfire...
    Though seeing Scorponok was awesome and I hope he is a threat to both sides, also as cunning as his comic book counterpart. I hope...

Episode 4 was probably the best part in the series.
    The Autobots and Decepticons formed an alliance to fight Megatron, followed by a badass moment with Megatron ultimately screwing the Autobots over, then again it's middle of the road.

5th episode was kinda uninteresting.
    However a character made an unexpected appearance.
    Galvatron! Every scene with him was awesome, and the flashback with Megatron as a gladiator and the mention of the Dead Universe were cool. Also Sky Lnyx protecting the Ark was neat, even if he had little screentime and every scene with him was uninteresting and boring. Also for a series called Earthrise they didn't go to earth until very late in the show. They spent most of their time doing useless shit.
    And Unicron?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

I sped through Earthrise in one very late night. I give-up!

This was so terribly written. The pacing felt like the writers had such tiny imaginations that they had to take micro sized plot lines they started with and literally streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetched them out to fill the bite sized episode time of 25 mins for a 6 episode season. That’s 2 hours and 20 mins. Please don’t let these guys write a major film. What was warped across 150mins could have been done in 3 episodes, maybe 2. There is so much that could have been written about. Oh and where are the other characters? No Apeface, No Snapdragon. In siege I was so hoping to see how they do Springer. NOPE! At least we got an AstroTrain...as a cameo. Doubledealer? That was a good use of his character. He was the Lobo/Lockdown of the series. Where were his cassette members and we didn’t see him in all 3 modes. A triple changer character in only one mode.

The voice actors literally talk slow! Now add the insincere emotional garbage monologues...painful. Sorry writers, you’re not doing Beast Machines. You’re not that deep.

With so much content, so many possibilities in the story, and characters, so many characters to use. There is absolutely no reason the transformers series could not have been a 20 episode, 30min per episode offering.

When it comes to doing an intense Transformers Animated series it feels like Hasbro and company are literally TERRIFIED to do this series, commit to this series.

WFC is as timid as a groom at the alter who just fell in love with the stripper from bachelor party the night before. It is that sad.

Personally I would be happy with a Transformers series in the vain of GI Joe Renegades.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, reading a few posts i can say,
    i really am not alone in thinking this series feels like a group of fans made this, rather then a professional company.

The animations, voice acting... it all screams amateurism. Sad though, as it had potential.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I've seen fan-produced material FAR better than this. Calling this amateurish is an insult to amateur storytellers everywhere.

This is outright incompetence.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Well, Rooster Teeth is basically a pack of amateurs with a budget, so that's to be expected.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m halfway through Earthrise now (not exactly seeing much Earth or rising...). I’m so bored with it, I keep shutting it off to watch Beast Machines. You know what I’d like a hell of a lot more than this? A rebooted Beast Wars series retelling Beast Wars and Beast Machines with modern cg animation and the original voice actors. Beast Wars Reformatted. That’s my dream.

10. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Five bucks says this happened and then he died horribly because Sky Lynx is inherently fun and the creators of this show hate fun.

This makes me immensely fearful of edgy, brooding Waspinator. Or Cheetor. Or Rattrap.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Trailbreaker26

Trailbreaker26 Shields... SHIELDS!

Instagram:
    Dozens of pages ago, someone attempted to explain this by quoting Mirage’s and Hound’s original 1984 tech spec descriptions:

Mirage: “Electro-disrupter can cast illusions altering his physical placement and appearance for up to 6 minutes.”

Hound: “Hologram gun projects 3-dimensional grid laser-light topographical maps.”

However, these tech spec references do not convincingly explain, for example, what Mirage does in the fight against Scorponok in the third episode of Earthrise.

I mean, come on, y’all.

Essentially, and for no reason, we see that Hound’s established, canonical, signature ability to project realistic 3D holograms into the environment has been transferred to Mirage, whose tech specs and portrayal throughout the original 1984 series depict only the ability to conceal or alter his own appearance.

I understand that the WFC trilogy isn’t the original G1 series. Nonetheless, WFC generally preserves individual characters’ unique and defining attributes— Prime is magnanimous, Starscream is treacherous, Soundwave can eject cassette minions, Elita was f.k.a. Ariel, etc. When WFC departs from G1, it does so mainly for reasons central to the WFC plot (e.g. Bumblebee is no longer an Autobot, but the purpose of this is to introduce the Mercenary faction).

What should we expect in the Kingdom chapter? Will Sunstreaker protect his friends with Trailbreaker’s force fields? Will Dirge suddenly start teleporting like Skywarp? Will a bored Huffer juggle scrap metal with Windcharger’s magnetic abilities (look, Prime, no hands!)?

If this happens, fine— but at least try to make it make sense (e.g. Megatron swallowing everyone else’s power chip rectifiers in “Heavy Metal War” or scavenging Trailbreaker’s corpse for his force field generators in IDW continuity).

Completely different subject:

Will someone please explain why so many autobots in this series insist on slowly plodding away from danger using their clunky, chunky feet (CLUNK-CLOMP-CLUNK-CLOMP), instead of transforming into vehicular alt mode and driving away much more quickly?? This keeps happening! :lol 

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Rojixus

What makes you think they'll even show up in Kingdom?

13. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Well part of it has to do with the fact that characters like Bumblebee don't have an alt mode rendered, Wheeljack is using his Earthrise model already, but more than anything they're just incredibly lazy.

• Like Like x 4
  14. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

I really want to like this, as someone who loves Rooster teeth and transformers I really want to be needing out about this. But this series suffers from what a lot of their shows like ,RvB and RWBY, suffer from, they’ll take huge scenes to try and open a dialogue, try and open up these characters philosophies but then in reality take time to not really explain nothing!!! The story and plot themselves I like it’s just the fact every time characters start talking I just want them to shut up!

• Like Like x 2
  15. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    The sheer amount of will they/won't they tension between Optimus and Megatron in this series is insane

So these two used to be besties until they had an emotional breakup, with the last show ending with Optimus ghosting Megatron and fucking off somewhere. Well in this show Megs is still pining over his lost love, and simps for OP so much he kills basically everyone to build a spaceship to chase after him

When they meet up, instead of killing each other (which they have multiple chances to do btw) OP and Megs find reasons to be in private away from the others, and then proceed to have multiple long chats where they slowly, dramatically and lovingly reminisce about how things used to be, and how they should really kill each other but just can't do it because they NEED each other

OP can't bring himself to kill Megs, so he pulls the thingy out of his chest and then has his boys fix him up. Megs can't bring himself to kill OP, so he pulls a thingy out of HIS chest and takes it with him. You know, so part of his old flame will always be with him. (Megs does put up a good act though, since he monologues for just long enough so that he convinces everyone who sees THINKS he's trying to kill OP, but also he stalls for long enough to cut and run, giving himself a reason to not actually kill OP.)

Gotta give these writers props, they're really daring to try and tell such an ambitious friends-to-enemies-to-lovers story. If Kingdom ends with Optimus and Megatron making up and making out, i will immediately forgive all of this show's faults and declare it the best TF show ever made.

(seriously, I get the same energy from this version of Optimus and Megatron as Batman and Joker from the Lego Batman Movie...except here it's played completely straight)

• Like Like x 6
  16. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am guessing they are setting things up for the Kingdom mini-series... based on what I am hearing, Kingdom sounds like it is going to an epic nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trailbreaker26

Trailbreaker26 Shields... SHIELDS!

Instagram:
    Oh, I’m not making predictions, but if they appear with powers (or alt modes, genders, names, paint jobs, etc.) swapped with other characters’ without reason or explanation, we shouldn’t be surprised.

18. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Uh huh.... keep telling yourself that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    highlight of the show for me was scorponok scuttling along in beast mode. most convincing non-bw scorponok alt mode ever and all it took was individually animated legs!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Rojixus

That's what I said about Earthrise, but the only thing epic about it ended up being my level of disappointment. Fool me once and all that.

• Like Like x 3