Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Very interesting article. I honestly didn't realize this was a controversy outside of a small portion of the fanbase. It's nice to see the issue getting more attention.

I would love it if Earthrise got Cullen and Welker and some other union voice actors, like they did with the Prime Wars sequels. And that would sort of make sense, considering Earthrise will probably be a stronger homage to the G1 cartoon.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    That would be amazing, but I understand there is a higher cost involved with those big names, but I would gladly take some professionals like John Bailey, Steve Blum, David Kaye, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple changing menace

News Credits:
    Just did another run through of Seige and really felt rushed and some of the deaths were lack of a better term just kill them for the sake of drama even though we didn't really spend time or get to know a character outside of a name. I personally would of prefered to have maybe a few characters killed off in the last 2 episodes or last episode just so we got time developing with them and possibly had a bigger impact on the scale of what kind of story is being told.

• Like Like x 3
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    The problem is this just really is not a six episode story. Nothing supposed to be this important could ever conceivably be six half hour episodes.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple changing menace

News Credits:
    Good point, do you think they should of waited until the whole series was ready with all episodes available or just have shorts spotlighting each of the featured characters to help with character development as well as word building?

6. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

The show's many faults be damned, I thought Impactor's
    death scene
    and Elita's choice to
    stay behind on Cybertron
    in the final episode intercut with Omega's onslaught were beautifully shot and handled.

If they can aim for more of that artistic subtlety in pt.2 they won't go far wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dealbreaker for me is that the action is mostly bland. Honestly I can tolerate a lot of shenanigans if the action is good. But somehow it wasn't, not even Omega Supreme impressed me.

8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I thought the firefights were pretty cool, but all the melee was pretty meh. If you compare it to the melees of Prime, in which it was like a choreographed fist fight (season 1 Optimus V Megatron for example). WFC just doesn’t get anywhere near that level of good.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gun battles are passable but yes it's the close combat that's done poorly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. MTME had way more personality and liveliness in the voice acting and not everyone looked like each other (aside from the Seekers and Reflectors).

I wasn't expecting much out of this show, and I'm glad I kept my expectations low, because if I hadn't, this would have been such a letdown.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah I echoed this a page earlier and I agree, obviously just look at my signature.

I think acting aside a good test is to close your eyes and see if the voices are distinct enough from one another that you can identify them. If you have seen the show a bunch of times this won’t work, but G1 (and pretty much every cartoon after that) every voice is so distinct it is obvious who each robot is just by voice alone. With this show I kept getting Sodeswipe and Mirage confused, Skywarp could ha e been anybody, Ironhide could be anybody, again Elita and Megatron did a wonderful job, but most just didn’t really nail it.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I agree. I would only recognize Prime because of how obvious it was that the VA wanted/was instructed to sound as much like Peter Cullen as possible. Same with the VA that voiced Starscream, as well as the failed attempt to Soundwave-ify Soundwave.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    It was pretty cool to see the Mercenaries in the show, I have a theory about them being the main antagonists for Chapter 2 and what the story might be. Because the decepticons are still on Cybertron along with Chromia, Elita, & Red Alert and Teletran 1 Said a vessel is approaching the arc. So what I’m thinking is that the Autobots that left on the ark are going to be traveling through space, while also having to deal with the Mercenaries (Doubledealer, Snapdragon, Exhaust, Nightbird, Bugbite etc). While the deceptions are preparing the to leave Cybertron on the nemesis to find either the allspark or the ark and their fighting against Elita’s group of autobots. Then, the chapters ends with the ships crashing on earth, but there’s a twist they land on prehistoric earth.

• Like Like x 2
  15. oneyouknowleast

oneyouknowleast Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regardless of peoples feelings of this show, I think it did one great thing.

My Netflix Profile now can have a transformer for its pic :)  !!!

• Like Like x 9
  16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    So.... I can't imagine the Earthrise section to NOT have humans.... after all....how do the Cybertronians even get the earth vehicle altmodes then?

Or have I missed something?

17. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FJ desanto said earthrise was going to follow going through the galaxy looking for the allspark so the decepticons follow them and probably hire the mercenaries and at the end they probably reach earth

• Like Like x 1
  18. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

Personally, I disliked Optimus Prime’s character in this show. I’m completely fine with Optimus being a flawed character like in TFA but Prime in this show would just make stupid decision after stupid decision. Goodness. It makes you wonder why the Matrix even chose him in the first place. I’d argue that Elita makes a much better leader than him.

• Like Like x 8
  19. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    https://twitter.com/FlameToysUS/status/1299115875396509696
    https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1298934014443626498
    https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1298211914208563200
    https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1298576471204610048

• Like Like x 3
  20. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I think at the beginning Elita wasn't even sure why she was fighting so without Optimus she would be lost. She wasnt in favor of retrieving the allspark so all the autobots would have been reformatted