Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

203 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No!

68 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

84 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

59 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

29 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well NONE of the background characters and even some of the main characters never transformed so the whole vehicle thing is sort of moot . And even with the rocket launchers on this shoulders being different and say they didnt have the budget to incude it. What do you think people are going to like more A Bluesteak that looks exactly like the toy minus his rocket launchers or some random, no name guy in the background that doesn't have a toy ?

Five things,

1. Bumblee and Wheeljack and CLiffjumper disproves your point on him being a siege toy
    2. Again I said characters that either exist or/and have toys so it again it disproves your point
    3. Elita was designed after all others, they could have recolored sideswipe to be tigertrack more easily and faster than designing Elita 1.
    4. If they can do Soundblaster they could have easily done Tigertrack, Clampdown
    5. They did DeepCover , they could have added a different color to some of those backgrounds characters to make the other sideswipe repaints

if they had a Transformer fan/expert on this series they could have easily added these characters without much thought. Like they did on BW with Ben Yee. A Transformers fan/expert would have said, okay, if we are going to have so many background characters in this why don't we make them actual Characters that already exist.

Some of the characters never even transformed. I cant remember Elita 1 or Cog transforming to vehicle mode , Did they ?

You are totally missing the point, at this point you are the know it all boy on the Polar express that thinks he knows everything and just doesn't and is wrong more than he is right ( sometimes right but to an annoying level that no one cares about ) . You cant admit you are wrong when you are clearly wrong here.

Why include a no name person in the background when you could draw on existing characters to support the overuse of the same model over and over. Those no name character are MUCH MORE OBSCURE Those background characters that use the same models over and over such as, that yellow cog, that cliff jumper , all the sideswipes including Deep Cover ( who is getting a toy ) The Prowls, the Iron hides, ect, all of which has no toys would have been easier for fans to swallow had they been just colored differently.

If you can do those nameless guys you could easily draw on existing characters to support a decision no one really likes ( but has to do due to budget reasons ).

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the same thoughts. I subsequently had an argument with someone on these boards about this on another thread but he just kept refering to the aligned continuity and his own head-canon to plug in things that aren't there. His defending of the show felt desperate to justify the poor writing in the show. It got annoying and, since he had annoyed me on a previous discussion, I blocked him. Wouldn't surprise me if your response was towards him.
    Went on a bit of a detour there, but anyway I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about these points you brought up.
    3cd8a33a.png

The consensus is so ridiculous that I had to resurrect a decade-old meme to describe my thoughts on it. Betcha its just a bunch of G1 fans whose idea of a good show is "lets see how many G1 references we can shove into 20 minutes". That seems to be the crowd that is eating up this show.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Trunkkey

Trunkkey This Trukk turns into a Munky. Yesss...

Fourth watch. This time jumping between Japanese and English. More and more certain that the weird dramatic pauses in the English reading are because the Japanese phrases take longer to say. They didn’t change the animation at all so I guess it would be weird if the animation cut off before Japanese sentences were finished or if there was excess talking animation after the English sentences were over. wish they had a native language instead of compromising. Probably one of Netflix’s requirements?

• Like Like x 2
  4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

OK let me ask you something... why include actual actual characters when they're just going to be nameless background filler anyway? What difference does it really make if they include Tigertrack or Yellow Cog repaint? He's just be a random generic that no one care about.

I could almost understand Bluestreak if it was a role that was actually prominent in the show but you're making a huge deal about some obscure characters like Clamp Down who isn't even in the toy line in as a random background character that no is going to remember or care about.

Were you looking in the mirror while writing that. I literally had to look up Clamp Down on TFWiki to find out who the hell that even was. And still don't give a crap about him or Tigertrack.

But why though? They're generics... They used generic character models. What difference does it really make? You replace Yellow Cog with Tigertracks it's just going to be yellow Sideswipe and the same damn problem. The only difference is now they're random Sideswipe repaints instead of random Cog repaints. Big woop tee doo.

1. I don't think you understand what obscure means. Some random repaint from the 80's that no one remembers is just as obscure as some random repaint of some no name character.

2. You do realize that Transformers has been using generics like this since day 1 right. I mean Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Red Wing, Hotlink, ect. were all no name generic reuses of the Seeker design in the G1 cartoon. Their names were added YEARS later. This is no different. I don't think fans would have any problem accepting some random no name generics because it hasn't been a problem for the past 30+ years they've been doing it. If anything people are going to buy more Cogs and army build them with custom repaints cause people do that... actually some people were already buying multiple weaponizers anyway.

5. captainzombie

captainzombie Well-Known Member

I feel very similar. I don't understand how they thought that 6 episodes was enough to tell this story of the war on Cybertron which many of us have been excited for. I'm a huge Optimus Prime fan, and it is so odd how they handled him here. I left the show with thinking that both Jetfire and Megatron were way better characters. I watched this with my 11 year old son as he also likes the Transformers, and tonight I plan on introducing him to G1 as he wasn't that happy with the show either.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I thought Optimus was a bit flat as a character. Again not bad just 2 dimensional, no depth, nothing subtle. Hopefully in Earthrise they will resolve this by bringing on Peter Cullen

Also, where is my Ironhide fan dub on YouTube :) ? I see awesome work of Soundwave and Shockwave on YouTube, but I can’t be the only who hated Ironhide’s voice and want to hear a fan dub. Please somebody with talent fix Ironhide, he only has two lines, John Bailey (@jon3pnt0) PLEASE resolve this :D 

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 went on LEGO.com without his parents permission

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I wish they could’ve some how included the galaxy upgrade Optimus but then they’ll have to change the model So that was understandable but I really wished that they could’ve included my boy springer my boy has been sidelined for the last 30 years

• Like Like x 1
  8. ScientistSkids

ScientistSkids Well-Known Member

My slightly more expansive review: it's very much in the "meh" category, with a few standout characters and or good scenes. Jetfire, in my opinion, is the best and most interesting aspect of the show. His arc is the only good one. I liked their take on Prowl, always good to see Prowl. Bumblebee was good too. It was nice to see some added depth to the usual kid-appeal character. I think I recall a Spinister appearance as well which is just all kinds of awesome. Spinister man, Spinister.

As for the bad? The plot, looking back, just stinks. As I mentioned in my first review they basically took the first five minutes of MTME, even starting with Wheeljack and Bumblebee confronting seekers, and then elongated that into 6, 22 minute episodes. Why though?

Rewatching some parts I realized the show consistently would tease far more interesting plot points such as the Autobots being an elite aristocracy but this happened long before the show started. The show clumsily starts towards the end of a far more interesting story of the Decepticons having their French Revolution. Imagine doing a French Revolution movie after all the beheadings, riots and storming of the Bastille. During the movie have characters says stuff like "aw man, you missed all the cool stuff that happened before", and that's basically the plot they chose.

At the end, it doesn't even feel like this is what Earthrise will be about. The story feels more like they meandered to it's "conclusion" which is just a hard reset for its sequel. Outside of a few spoilers, and a few deaths (of which, I assume, some will return in some form), the trailer effectively told us the story.

Megatron's plot to brainwash the remaining Autobots also felt really, really dumb. It was a tonal mismatch. The show is very dark (both visually and tonally) and Megatron's Master Plan is the same as the one from Attack of the Autobots. Looking back his scheme really felt like the height of 80s cheese, and you have all these characters talking about it with a straight face. Why even have the plan? The plan up until now of genociding them seems to have been going very well for him. It also felt like the show often did not know who it was for. The tone and dark themes makes you feel like it was written for established, older fans. The ones you would expect to see watching Netflix. The toyetic nature of the designs, and the rather kid-friendly villain plot feels like it was written for a younger audience...yet I don't feel like it's exciting enough for kids and teenagers.

It's fine. It does what it needs to accomplish to keep the brand alive. It just doesn't go beyond that. It feels like something they did to fill in the gaps between now and the next Bumblebee sequel/New Transformers Movieverse. Also while I'm looking forward to Earthrise, this did nothing to hype me up for it. Not saying it can't be better, or amazing, but I just have no idea what it will be like, at all, and that's kind of weird. The show sets up that premise of Autobots vs. Decepticons on Earth, but it still doesn't seem like it has a voice or anything interesting to say with that voice.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  9. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Because the story told wasn't about the war, it was about the Autobots' last stand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

It's evident that Trion, Optimus, Magnus, and Megatron all fought the old guard together.....then Megatron kept fighting, and Optimus chose to rise against HIM. Now was this old regime the Quintessons or a Functionist Council or perhaps both? Unclear. I think it's gonna be Quintessons, which are present in Earthrise, and that's why they kept it vague. They've got 2 more Chapters to flesh out what they laid down here, and they've allegedly planned ahead. I have a feeling much like Prime Wars and some other Netflix shows, and TWD, etc, that even tho S1 was a 6 episode 'pilot run' we might see 10 or 11 eps for the next 2.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    The producer dude explicitly said there's only 12 episodes left in the trilogy, unless there's a change of plans sometime between now and release. But that's a pretty significant change of plans.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    springer got a ton of attention in idw tho...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 went on LEGO.com without his parents permission

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I meant outside of comics

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

Huh, then I'm gonna go ahead and call it now, it IS Quints, two 'product lines' nd perhaps a surrogate Senate. They're going by the toys and 12 eps doesn't much have the time to introduce anything else.

The 'unidentified craft' has GOTTA be Quints.

15. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    They finally added new wfc Netflix icons
    20200811_074056.jpg
    Im personally using ultra magnus
    Capture+_2020-08-11-07-41-47.png

• Like Like x 6
  16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I would think it's 'Cons, having left the planet much later, but caught up to the broken down/non-functional Autobot Ark.

Be extra funny if it's the Axalon pre-crash.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
  18. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Just learned that Banjo Ginga (Headmasters: Megazarak) voiced Alpha Trion. I'm predicting that he'll "reprise" his role as Megazarak in Earthrise next year.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Thew did a really good run down of the pros and cons of the show which I think was on point.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

I really liked it. I liked that there were a lot of characters that were shades of grey and when a character changed sides it made sense. It showed both sides of the conflict very well and how the Autobots were just bearly hanging on. Could the voice acting have been a little better or could they have transformed more sure but those are minor things that can be improved on. I thought it was a good start for this series and has a good set up for the next two. I just can't find anything to really get mad about and I think we are in good hands for the next two and I think that people are being to hard on this series and are being overly hyperbolic like the internet tends to be (more on twitter).

Listen it has been a crappy year and the fact that both this Siege and Cyberverse have both been really strong shows this year as far as Transformers media goes I am hopeful for the future. I mean either way this is a huge upgrade from the Prime Wars web series.

I just feel like everyone is really dumping on this show and I really can't find anything to get all that upset about, and I think I just needed to get this out my system.

• Like Like x 7