Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

203 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No!

68 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

84 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

59 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

29 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 went on LEGO.com without his parents permission

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I think earthrise is not really going to be set on earth but it’s going to be about them going through galaxy

• Like Like x 1
  2. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Well-Known Member

Probably, but considering Earthrise toyline has Earth-based alternate modes, last episodes could take place on Earth

3. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

We've know gone full circle into the fanbase WANTING humans in their Transformers series.

SMH....

4. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    I don’t know if it’s actively ‘wanting humans’ so much as wondering how they’re going to be on earth with earth based vehicles and manage to not ever be around any humans. Seems tricky.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Issy543

Issy543 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They might do what Cyberverse did, and jump forward in time, in order to get around that specific situation.

If they go in that route, then it would save time having to explain why the Autobots have new vehicle forms.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    I never watched Cyberverse so I wasn’t aware of that. If they jump around in time maybe that’ll allow them to jump back to pre-humans time in Kingdom. Perhaps we’ll see our classic dinobots rubbing shoulders with Dinobot. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed it now that I've seen it through twice, probably going to watch it a third time, too! I thought all the characters were well done, I loved Ratchet the most probably, he and Jetfire were standouts for me.

I'll also say this; on my second watch I turned it to Japanese audio with English subtitles and watched it as if it were an anime and enjoyed it even more the second time through. Also, my boyfriend, a vehement believer of subs over dubs, ended up getting invested too and was surprised there was a "Transformers anime" haha so that was cool!!!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Issy543

Issy543 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hehe. That would be fun.

It's also worth mentioning that Cyberverse only have two humans in the show; a little boy who though he saw Bumblebee, and a man giving a news report. Both only appear once, for no more than a minute. This was despite the fact the show was set on Earth in season 1 and 2.

Also, because some of the writers for War for Cybertron also wrote Cyberverse, I'm sure they'll be able to handle the lack of humans in Earthrise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much more Time does Prime need?? Hasn't this war waged for Millions of years already and then in the course of one afternoon hes gunna become a great leader??? OK THEN...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

The English voice acting REALLY took me out of it. Between voices not fitting characters at all and too many characters having the same dreadfully dull delivery, I couldn't make it through the second episode.

Then I switched it to Japanese and really enjoyed it! Jetfire and the unique take on Soundblaster were especially enjoyable to me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Than what's the point of going to Earth if their not going to interact with humans? I'd rather have them lost in deep space.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Well-Known Member

The show was...a thing? Its not as unbearably bad as Combiner Wars but key points here:
    • The show is way too short for its own good. It tries really hard to cram in a lot of implied lore, but said lore is kind of scattered from all over the franchise many incarnations (bits of Sunbow G1, bit of IDW, bit of Aligned, bit of Bayverse). By itself this would not be bad but none of these are given any time to breathe or be expanded upon and would be just noise to someone not already versed into multiple incarnations of the series. Its hamfisted in with the audience being expected to know this but the problem is not everyone is a weirdo who is deep into this stuff. This show is terrible at being approachable to newcomers. There's hint of the Quintesson origin and Autobot and Decepticons being different 'races' like in G1 cartoon but the second class citizen status and mining origin for Megatron hint at IDW and Aligned.
    • The show tries to be edgy and dark but just come off as needlessly depressing. Everyone is a growly unlikeable sarcastic or maladjusted power hungry asshole at worst or a jaded depressed mess at best. Except...
    • ....Optimus Prime, who is written to be completely stupid and naive to the point of being unlikeable.
    • Most voices sound too much the same growly edgy '90 anti hero type.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    1) they have extremely distinct Silhouettes which were shown for several minutes. That combined with their size should make it clear to even casual observers for paying attention who Omega Supreme is. That, and the actual dialogue saying that he was one of the Guardians and had finally chosen a side.

2) Optimus expected the Guardians to side with him when he went to them based on their Mutual relationship with Alpha Trion. He was surprised and angry when they said no. That is more than enough set up for me of one of them deciding to actually help

• Like Like x 4
  14. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, today I watched one or the other episode in Japanese once again. On the whole (as before in the English and German version) I found some to be quite fitting and good...and others not so good.

But there are two voices I remember in particular; Thundercracker and Starscream. I found Thundercracker's voice surprisingly pleasant. And Starscream's voice...Man, I've never liked one of his voices (English or German) as much as this voice. The voice of Setsuji Sato. Yes, its different and uncommon, but also very fitting. I think its perfect for Starscream. I'm blown away.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont know what else can be said about this that wasn't said like 4 or 5 pages ago on why it still doesn't work. Someone else said it and I quite frankly don't care enough to repeat myself. :lol 

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Managed to get through it all late Sunday morning. Overall, I'm fairly happy with it. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But it's definitely better than I expected after all the vitriol people here have been tossing at it. I even enjoyed most of the voice acting. I get that we're not necessarily aiming for the same vocal delivery as the original voice actors, so nothing really jumped out as completely horrible. I will say the Soundwave voice actor could have done a little vocal fry or a bit of gravel or something to give the voice a bit more weight as it hit the processing stage, but whatever. It wasn't bad, just that the vocal chain seems wasted if he's not doing the initial voice with some grit in it.

I was surprisingly drawn in with Impactor and Ratchet's set up and story. There were several moments like theirs that made the war feel like it actually was happening, that it had real consequences, and that some were fed up with the fighting.

There were some moments that felt a little lackluster here or there, but nothing that really pulled me out of the story.

Stand out characters with good arcs that really appealed to me:
    Impactor - so much so I just ordered him out having no interest in him before.
    Jetfire - they sewed seeds early in his arc showing he was hesitant. Those seeds bore marvelous fruit.
    Ratchet - crotchety old bastard that's sick of everybody's crap.
    Elita One - I'll say I didn't love how snippy she was no matter who suggested what, but it's a believable, strong female character.
    Soundblaster - Love the idea of him hating being a clone, and being an energon dealer/hoarder.

This was just a lot of fun for me. I didn't feel insulted for watching it as I have other Transformers related media. It could use some improvements here or there, but it's still quite enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if it continues to deepen this new continuity when it gets to Earthrise.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think its necessarily that people want humans, its that why go to Earth instead of any other planet if you're not going to include humans? May as well go to Mars or Pluto or something.
    Its like going to a pizza buffet but you only eat the salad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

I’ve personally always wanted some humans in my Transformers. They can make it work without them in Earthrise, however given what I’ve seen of this teams work so far I’m not confident.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

What are the chances the lack of humans is just going to be because they don't want to create any in 3D, or they don't know how because Hasbro isn't providing the pre-made model?

Speaking of which, the one annoyance I had with this cartoon is how often the characters shoulders clipped into the body and turned inward at the tops. Elita One's right shoulder was turned inward in a really awkward, non-realistic way a lot of the time. Optimus was also guilty of this one. That's the type of thing that should have been easy to avoid. Just set hard limits on the shoulder movement and use the swivels that exist beneath the shoulder like the toy would.

Seemed like experienced riggers would have known to do that. I mean, I'm aware of it and how to do it in Blender and I'm far from an expert on 3D modeling.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Well I watched the whole thing in an afternoon and was pleasantly-surprised to find that it wasn't the Prime Wars web series-grade dumpster fire I was expecting. Not amazing, but not bad either.

• Like Like x 4