Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I think Springer is probably the most notably absent transformer from the Siege toy line?
    And what was with that SUPER fast Astrotrain Cameo?

Oh and did
    Skywarp
    really die? We saw him get injured by Jetfire but made it to Starscream, who later said that he was dead.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He himself never appeared as an individual in the Guardians scene, which were all silhouettes btw. By the time Omega showed up and left I had already forgotten about that Guardians scene. It still comes off as a deux ex machina. I bet you people who aren't familiar with the franchise are gonna wonder where he came from.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if they weren’t paying attention. When we saw Omega, they very clearly referred to him as one of the guardians ‘finally choosing a side’ and Omega said he only speaks for himself

• Like Like x 5
  4. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

Everyone is talking about how Astrotrain’s cameo was way too fast, and I guess they were right because I have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about. Astrotrain showed up? Where? When?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You don't even see the design of the Guardians until Omega shows himself. I can understand why someone might be confused. It still felt out of place. If they had added even a moment where one of the guardians showed hesitance on not helping the Autobots it would have made a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Deus ex machina is an unexpected event that happens and resolves a problem instead of the protagonists. That's exactly what happened in that scene. It was unexpected because it wasn't set up in any way - we are not introduced to Omega Supreme by name, we don't know about his inner struggle to break away from the Guardian policy, we don't know about his attitude towards Megatron or his opinion of the war. If we had heard those things in an actual episode, then it would not have been deus ex machina.

• Like Like x 4
  7. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I posted this in the other siege thread but I have a theory that might be a bit of a stretch I think that astrotrain is the same astrotrain from cyberverse and this is one of the universes he visited I’m only basing this off of what I’ve heard from an interview with FJ desanto saying that one of the writers from cyberverse is one of the writers of this show and he said that he’s Kind of a link between them so they can see what they’re doing on cyberverse and astrotrain is huge

EDIT: I didn’t really read your comment but anyways he appears around when the autobots are getting ark to start or when Optimus is trying to throw the allspark into the space bridge

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Thanx! I'll do that. Make me feel like I'm watching Unicron Trilogy and Headmasters.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they didn't kill of skywarp and that was just starscream exaggerating to make Jetfire confess to shooting him.... Lame if he's dead like that!

• Like Like x 2
  10. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not because he’s in earthrise

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's in the earthrise toyline doesn't mean he's in the netflix earthrise tho... I'm confused by these toylines lol

Did anyone else notice that Soudwave and Soundblaster both only had one of their back mounted rocket pods instead of the two on the toy?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Someone better tell Shockwave to crank out another clone then.

• Like Like x 4
  13. regenisis

regenisis Well-Known Member

i\'ve only seen the first 2 eps so far, honestly after garbage like the previous machinima transformers i wasn\'t expecting much. my problems consist of
    • everyone talks so slowly
    • theres a problem with scaling, bumble bee is almost as tall if not taller than wheeljack, and chromia and cogs fit on the back of optimus in vehicle mode.
    • the action is mediocre and clunky
    • voice acting lacks emotion in a show about war
    • lack of unique designs. so hasbro
    • bumblebee, wheeljack and elita1 have not transformed, i don\'t expect them to since they will only have earth vehicle toys. very lazy
    netflix truly will buy anything

• Like Like x 4
  14. Gray117

Gray117 Active Member

Stick with it, it gets better. You can see they developed as they went.

But yeah a bit more space in the show, spread out the angst and talking, and some more events to play to characterisations and I think you could have had a lot more fun with the journey, had some contrast in tone/visual tone, even used those autobot/deception idents/screen-wipes to reinforce everything and yeah make the most of your characters... But that's a 40ep series...

Looking forward to what comes next.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

ALL of the WAR in War For Cybertron

• Like Like x 11
  16. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

But... what is it good for...?

Hopefully they won't follow up with such overuse of "Earthrise" and "Kingdom" in the next chapters... that could get very silly very quickly...

• Like Like x 5
  17. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

I’m probably super late to this party, but I just wanted to express my admiration for what I call Elita-1’s “Oy Vey” Faces.

• Like Like x 7
  18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL! Someone on the wiki spotted that the SDCC G1 repaints of Reflector appear in the crowd shots in episode 3.
    Yet Scrapface, who got a new toy... never appears.
    File:Refraktor Generics.jpg - Transformers Wiki

It's funny how much I kept agreeing with Elita during this show, and how I felt like she just used the "have to stay behind" as an excuse to finally break up with Prime. Certainly it did not feel at any point that she loved him much.

Well... this Impactor isn't likely going to lead the Wreckers, sadly.
    I am also surprised they never used Springer, who has Cybertronian alt modes and is connected to Impactor, in that team, instead of Sideswipe.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The texturing and rendering of the series is good. But the animation was bad..... i mean... the robots were forced to deform like jello in some animation/movements simply because the mecha designs were not capable of performing certain actions like torso flex... Urggh... I thought I was watching jelloformers

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gray117

Gray117 Active Member

Depends where you bar for this kind of stuff is. The limitations in rigging are not the main issues of the show. HOWEVER, unless someone spills the beans and we get to find out for sure, it is both distracting and amusing to ponder whether how the trade off went between direction>animator>rigging>modelling>production>licensee oversight played into something like this.

I could well see a less then perfect (but none-the-less expedient) situation leading to the mistaken idea that to serve direction/animation and obey the understanding of shouldn't mess with the design (at this stage) that torso warp is perfectly acceptable... And production sign off the shot not wanting to rock the boat/challenge certain people/re-open past discussions and/or add cost.

Or whether time depending they hoped to review to revisit the issue and inevitably ran out of time and the shot was not missing and at that stage that was good enough :) 

... Or all of the above rolled into one.

But yeah it's certainly not the most challenging problem to solve given everything else they overcame and achieved in this series, *if* there had been the agreement to solve that as an issue... And it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall for those talks or concerns and to what scale this went... Even if it just came down to one dude saying fck it - no one's going to notice and we get the hip movement I wanted... Or this'll show Em why I wanted a more detailed rig - they'll let us do one for next time etc etc.... Your definition of interesting might be different to mine haha :) 

• Like Like x 1