Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

203 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No!

68 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

84 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

59 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

29 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watched all the episodes....Cant say that i liked it,i didnt hate it but i struggle to find something where it excels.....
    First of all i didnt like the aesthetics at all but of course having watched pics and the trailer i knew about that going in....Second,i didnt like the storytelling....I thin the Voltron series and even the 2011 Thundercats series were much better at that...Next,I didnt like the voice acting and some of the dialog...Every bot was doing the same thing...say the words with small gaps in between to give that sense of gravitas but its hacky in reality and overdone in every transformers series....What kind of a budget did they have?We must 've seen a thousand repaints jesus christ.....so Ultra Magnus had all this vast knowledge all this time and did nothing with it..ugh...What is the release date for the next 6 episodes?

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Marvel TF, Unicron spoke of alternate timelines. Though back in the day, TF may have been considered a part of the Marvel Multiverse and nothing more (not sure if there was an idea of different properties having seperate multiverses back then tho).

• Like Like x 2
  3. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Just binged all season 1 and it was awesome. Great animation, great interpretation of the characters, great integration of canon foreigners like Impactor, and lots of fun. An excellent usage of the runtime they had. I can't wait for season 2. But I do miss Thunderlips and Moustacronus.

• Like Like x 5
  4. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where was Kup or Hotrod Or even Brawl.?

6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I respect Linsay a lot, she's a brave woman with an impressive rap sheet. She's also got a good voice and it's a shame her talent is kind of wasted on this thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I think she gave one of the best performances in the show. Good on her.
    Why would they be in it?

• Like Like x 9
  8. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

The show was pretty decent; worth another watch at some point but not worth owning so going the Netflix route seemed like the best way to tackle it. Six episodes is hardly enough time to create a worthwhile story.

With how much they kept of the toys in the designs I was half expecting Ultra Magnus to be imprisoned with plastic ties.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The whole series is so lazy and the story doesn't carry any weight whatsoever as there is no context to this war. A number of episodes should have taken place before the war so we could see and understand what life on Cybertron was like and what motivated Megatron and how he rose to power. That's the interesting meat of the story (a story that's been told countless times over the last 35 years btw) The only reason they didn't do this was because there were no existing 3D models of Cybertronian civilians and no one had the passion or willingness to spend the time and effort world building and coming up with anything new.

This entire show was made because some executive as Hasbro was like, "hey, we got these CAD models of the toys! Let's just texture and animate them and make a show! It's a win-win!"

It's especially prevalent in the environment design which is so empty and hollow. If you look at the background to ANY scene in the entire series there is nothing of interest there, it's empty.

I'm not disappointed as this was exactly what I was expecting based on how Hasbro has been handling this franchise. Cut every corner, don't take any risks, and leave your mind at the door.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

But it was never really the full “multiverse.” It was only just a bunch of slightly different versions of the Cyberverse universe. With the whole “multiverse” stuff that happened in the show, I’d say it was more like just moving around the Cyberverse continuity family and not ALL the universal streams and continuity families.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Could you please make an example of a recent series aimed at selling plastic robot toys which didn't cut corners, took risks and took the audience through a journey that would have made Proust wet his pants?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    it was literally said that if Cyberverse was to continue for a fourth season they would have gotten a crossover with prime and animated.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Everytime I see it I like it more and I find a lot of positive things.I should see it in Japanese too.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

Source?

16. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Tfwiki here 6216391E-3144-40EF-B6A2-3B0BE74E4A5A.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    *sigh* I guess this is a case of "people who have never been in crazy situations determining what good writing is"... it IS good writing to have people just standing there, stuck, while something crazy happens because THATS USUALLY WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THOSE SITUATIONS. They just stand there! The reason why we view people who ACT in those situations as heroic is BECAUSE people usually don't do anything. ESPECIALLY when there's nothing they CAN do!

I'm not addressing all the other stuff you're saying but it does seem like you're using this particular scene as evidence of a wider failing in writing, and I'm basically saying "this particular scene doesn't fit into your argument."

18. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

19. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

Elita is probably my second or third favorite
    in the animation 

literally blows a rando\'s head off and his corpse slumps to the ground

• Like Like x 6
  20. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    The show is pretty alright I would say. Like a solid 7/10. I totally see why some fans don't like this. Vocal delivery is often weak and the show feels kind of...stiff at times. Really could have used like 4-6 more episodes.

I really like Bumblebee and Ratchet's characterization in this. Probably my favorite part of the series.

• Like Like x 4