Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

203 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No!

68 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

83 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

60 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

29 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    I can't be the only one who prefer Highmoon's war for cybertron bots aestethics than SIEGE.The Highmoon's designs actually look alien and cybertronian and still have design cues from their G1 counterparts and still makes them recognizable, while still manage to be unique looking.But what we got instead was just G1 designs with alien greebles.And the fact that they use the CAD files from the toy doesn't help at all.

• Like Like x 7
  2. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Jetfire was incredibly out of character in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

Your not, Highmoon put actual effort into their War for Cybertron, this is just a very pale imitation.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cardion

Cardion Well-Known Member

I really was hoping for a fun show like G1, Animated, Cyberverse - I'd take another season of any of them. And you're right; they could still work alongside this grim-dark war version. No need to cancel.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev TonTon: Revealing All Kingdom Figures Tomorrow!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Well they didn't think it was a good idea, they thought that it was a good money saving idea

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

If Omega Supreme’s feet are obscured by a cloud of dust, is it possible that Rob Liefield made a SIEGE?

7. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I liked how Megatron's personality was changing, from a fair person to becoming a reincarnated evil, but I think it was all because of Starscream and Shockwave( the most twisted decepticons)that led to that.

And regarding Prime and his leadership, I was pleased to see that this time the autobots didn't do what he always said,I think the series will eventually seek that, where Prime will eventually become a great leader.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's how his toy release was - right at the end of Seige with very limited distribution but then out in force for Earthwise.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gray117

Gray117 Active Member

I'm pretty sure - for good or bad - war and fall of cybertron had a lot more time, money, people and experience on it than this series... I wouldn't be surprised if it were several factors bigger in all respects and with that even a certain economy in scale (let alone a more open brief) that simply allowed it to be something else. The thing is this show may still end up being the more effective use of a budget in terms of promoting the franchise and selling merch.

High moon also was fairly proven by 2008, rooster teeth always has been a chop shop led by personalities rather than expertise - they learn as they go - even after selling out (not in a negative way) they've been pretty open about their need to acquire resources and talent... They would never go so far as to undercut their own leadership and say expertise as well... But yeah that too. Again this isn't to say they're not going to be able to grow into their ambition, even in a short space of time - hell even delivering this at any budget is impressive - but it would be interesting to know just what their time and financial budgets were and see what happens next. I wouldn't be surprised to find out both time and development funds were fairly small by comparison... And how either may be said to compare to the blockbuster productions...

Without any actual knowledge I think I'm pretty safe in saying hasbro has never paid for the blockbusters or games - just sold their rights for usage in them... Be interesting again to see if any info comes out as to the investment nature/balance behind this show.

Not that an end viewer cares or should care about any of this :)  ... But they are certainly very different productions IMHO, done by very different production shops - even if a lot off their tools appear similar.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

And I know which one I think is the better product.

11. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree, and Cyberverse was never that good.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy The Sassin' Assassin

Because he was added so late to the Seige line, I see him popping up in the next season.

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Just finished it last night. It was okay. A bit too short, but okay.

The kid doing Peter Cullen impression nails it when he does the impression calmly, but it falls apart anytime he has to emote anything stronger.

Making nearly everyone a generic body type was interesting, but it's application was very uneven.

The ending was a bit confusing on some of the survivors. Hound? Prowl?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lokimaru

Lokimaru Well-Known Member

I really hated seeing Prime get the shit kicked out of him by Megatron. That hurt something deep inside me. I think it's the fact that Megatron was gloating about how Prime could never beat him. That caused such cognitive dissonances in me who grew up with a Megatron who could NEVER get the better of Prime unless he cheated. Prime was the Guy who could stand up to the bullies and kick their asses not the guy who could stand back up after taking taking a beatdown. Hell I could do that. Hell I did that, It doesn't win you their respect it just got you hit Harder the next time. The Only Way to get bullies to leave you the fuck alone is to kick their ass. The Old Megatron Respected the hell out of Optimus Prime and Dreamed of he Day he would finally get the better of him (I would have waited an Eternity for this!). This Megatron has No Respect for Optimus Prime at all, hell he seems bored of the whole conflict and just wanted to get it over with.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Watched it for a second time and gotta say I enjoyed it even more (like turning into love), picked up on a lot of things I missed the first go round. Really like how they put a different spin on some of the characters.

Standouts for me

-Megatron
    -Jetfire
    -Ratchet
    -Mirage
    -Omega Supreme

-and a special shout out to Soundblaster - regret not grabbing him when I had the chance

I will be watching Seige many more times...feeling like there are other nuggets of gold I missed catching in the first 2 viewings.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to be watching multiple times as well. I kind of regret not picking up the ratchet Walgreens figure because he was a standout in this show. I loved that whole impactor ratchet dynamic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    Sooo Arcee's question regarding soundblaster's similarities with soundwave is a bit strange.So there are shared body types among cybertronians right? Sideswipe and Red Alert are basically the same apart from color,and there are countless seekers and impactor's body types out there.So why is soundblaster's striking similarity with soundwave questionable? Are there unique body types that exclusive to some characters? Is there any explanation for this lore-wise?

• Like Like x 6
  18. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I think those who fight even though they know they may lose because the enemy is stronger not only makes for a good story but makes for a good rule of life. Standing up against a bully is NEVER wrong:) .

I think it’s more of a case that Soundwave is distinct in appearance compared to other Cybertronians. In IDW 1.0 they explore this concept (constructed cold and forged).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

I watched all of it before seeing other opinions online, as they often taint the experience and have you looking for negatives. Overall, this is the best looking TF cartoon ever, IMO. I liked pretty much 95% of it. Entertaining, some G1/IDW nods, switching old dynamics up into something new. I think it's a solid effort.

The only things I didn't like were the uniform-sounding voice actors (failure by the director). I closed my eyes and couldn't tell who was talking. And Soundwave's voice is buried deeper in the mix than the bass guitar on a heavy metal album - it's like his voice actor was at the far corner of the warehouse they were recording in.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Ya totally agree the dynamic between Ratchet and Impactor is fantastic! Impactor and Mirage as well...

Impactor is another standout I failed to mention in my previous post ;) 

• Like Like x 5