Netflix WfC Trilogy discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Shackstoys, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Will it be good?

1. Yes!

222 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No!

115 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm from the future and all who said yes were right!

105 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I'm from the future and all who said no were right!

154 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm from the future and there was never a Titan class Skorponok figure!! Please hastak!!!

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he probably will voice Prime in movies for example but outside of movies probably not

[​IMG]

It barely does

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Why did anyone think this was a good idea?

3. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

3rd episode, yep gets better halfway through.
    Ratchet is cool, and how he shows his dominance over people and how he encourages Impactor to join them was really cool. Seeing Mirage was rad, but he didn't do much except bicker with Impactor.
    Elita. Always. Pauses. Her. Sentences.
    Shockwave is quite menacing, I always did like his scientist side. I hope we see Soundwave redeem himself.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

My favorite scene of probably the entire season is when Megs puts his cannon barrel to Shockwave for speaking out. Then theres a pause... and Megs looks over the Jetfire and then back at Shockwave who are both like "... bro wtf?"

Then Megs kinda sighs and drops the weapon

There was a lot of subtlety in that scene, I've never really seen Megatron hesitate or question himself in any form of media, it adds a ton to his character.

• Like Like x 13
  5. Drakeking

Drakeking Predacon Alpha

Facebook:
    Tumblr:
    Its got potential.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Re-watching the series in Japanese and tbh I kinda prefer the voice acting...its more consistent?

Yeah, one of my fave moments too. That’s what I meant by posting that it would good if the writers could find a balance between seriousness and humor.

Yeah, for me the series starts picking up after episode 3. Personally I felt that the thing with Ultra Magnus dragged on abit too long and the “action” was squeezed into the last 2(?) episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Oh ok thought I missed some news. I’m ok with that. I dunno why they don’t pay the man though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    There were some interesting ideas here that could have and should have been explored so much better

Megatron finally slipping into madness as the final days of the War on Cybertron near while some of his highest lieutenants finally see through his facade, either sticking with it (Starscream, Shockwave), or deciding that's not what they fight for and leaving (Jetfire and Impactor).

Optimus Prime not being a war hardened yet hopeful and kind leader, instead still young and self questioning, losing his temper in stressful situations. Elita being his level headed partner who he listens to and learns from to become the leader he needs to be

Cybertronians who don't pick a side. Either war profiteers, or war protestors. I think these were the best done parts of the show, but it still could have been handled a lot better

• Like Like x 9
  9. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Welp, here I go. Wish me luck lads.

It's probably not that bad...

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheWarPathGuy

4th episode, probably the most forgettable.
    I mean Ultra Magnus
    died, but he was kinda... there.
    I mean Jetfire
    joins the Autobots, pretty neat! Shame they killed off Skywarp.
    Nothing much too say...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Garry Chalk telling it like it is.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. TransMuffin84

TransMuffin84 Empress of Cybertron

I hope we see some female Decepticons in the second part. Would love to see Slipstream or maybe a cartoon continuity debut of Shatter.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Which is odd, since Siege is supposed to be set in the final days of the war, you'd expect Optimus to be an older and more seasoned leader.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I really dig the show and can't wait for the next part. That said, it would be so much nicer to have more episodes to work with as all that you mentioned would have had more room to breathe.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

Pretty much the lack of breathing room is the absolute biggest thing this show has going against it. They needed at least 4 more episodes and we could've gotten something even better, and I quite liked what we got.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I really loved it and just want more episodes. Also hope they release it on bluray as one big movie. I get a kick out of having toys that are exactly what is on screen, personal preference is that it is right up my alley.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

In the japanese version do they say Transform?

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheWarPathGuy

Episode 5 was cool.
    It was awesome seeing Soundblaster as a failed attempt at cloning Soundwave, also Buzzsaw was there too!
    Looks like the Terrorcons are back also.
    Mirage seems a little OP though, but it was helpful of him to cloak the entire space bridge.
    Also Acree isn't as thick as everyone says, I was expecting more ass!
    Onward, to the final episode.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Welp, two episodes down and three to go.

I can see why people enjoy this, but this really isn't doing much for me. The Animation is gorgeous and seriously a step up from Prime, it's just a shame it's wasted on something so devoid of passion and creativity. This is about what I was expecting when I spoke of this series before it came out, so while I'm not exactly disappointed.. it's depressing that THIS is the level of quality that is mustered for something that had so much more potential.

Also you could easily show this to a child and it'd be fine, maybe even a little boring to them. Most attempts at emotion so far just come across as forced and there for drama's sake.

I appreciate the effect put on their voices to make them sound robotic, as I'm not a fan of when they just sound like humans with unaltered voices. I know you could argue that their voice boxes are super high tech so it comes out as 1x1 but still.

Bee and Jack calling eachother 'kid' is clunky but then a lot of the dialogue so far seems a bit jilted and awkward, Bee seems like an angsty twat but he's not too unbearable yet. Though admittedly this attitude makes me think of Hot Rod more than Bee.

I love how the current creators just forget how Bee is kinda meant to be short and he's ultimately an average size compared to the others, completely missing an important part of his character.

Starscream sounds pretty awful... again, Jetfire is visibly huge yet he makes little sound when moving around. I'm gonna try not to nitpick technical stuff too much because there's a lot but come on, he towers over most of the cast.

The cloak on Magnus is ridiculous and pointless, there are ways they could have done what they wanted to do with Magnus and have it make sense, but they give him a stupid cloak instead.

Shockwave sounds more like a proper Starscream than Starscream does.

Military Commander Magnus? Elita? Where's Prowl?

Stop. With. The. God. Damn. Allspark. Already.

I want to like the dynamic between Prime and Elita, and it's definitely a step in the right direction... but like with many things in this show, it could be done so much better with better writers.

Hound is just Ironhide, full stop.

Soundwave sounds like ass.

This is nitpicky but I refuse to call Flywheels "Skytread", same with Reflector.

Impactor being a Decepticon has never felt like a decision that makes sense to me, him being abrasive and more WRECKER than Autobot doesn't mean he's Decepticon material.

Also LOL it takes him a moment to notice the giant building tipping over onto him. Yeah again, I'll try to refrain from those kind of criticisms but seriously?

And yeah, the characters speak way too slowly. Is this because they seriously couldn't think of stuff to do each episode so they'll just have everyone speak as if they're in slow motion?

• Like Like x 5
  20. TheWarPathGuy

The final episode was good, can't wait for the next series.
    The Autobots went aboard the Ark, and setting course for earth, sad Red Alert was left behind. I can't wait to see some of the characters in Earthrise like Sunstreaker, Hoist, Grapple, Astrotrain, etc.
    Not the best TF show, but a step up and it's a good starting point for newcomers of the series.
    Also Impactor's death was heartfelt ngl.

• Like Like x 6